Zombies

Reaction score
I have a small concern about the zombies, ive seen many Screenshots of them and they seem to look alike. For Example there pants are the same color. Couldnt they change color in jeans and in there shirts and simple things like that that make a huge difference. It reminds me of cs:s all the models looking alike that no fun. Its still going to be a great game it just could have been evan better if we waited longer maybe too tweak these things. :rolleyes:They pbrobubly move the same way and have the same walk lol emagine having 4 zombies coming at you and they all look alike and walk the same. maybe im just too picky.

Attachments

• Zombies.JPG
    Zombies.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 327
This slightly concerned me , because in Ravenholm when the headcrab gets blown off them zombies , all the faces looks alike, identical.

Mayb u will see a headcrab jump on a different looking NPC (like a city-17 citizen) then they become zombies, thus looking different from those ones.

But it doesnt make much difference

7hoR said:
How did you get such high scores in 3d mark 2003 i got like 9000 somthing and i have the same set up as you and how did you modify the x800 pro to XT if its easy let me know that could be the big difference.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
I have a small concern about the zombies, ive seen many Screenshots of them and they seem to look alike. For Example there pants are the same color. Couldnt they change color in jeans and in there shirts and simple things like that that make a huge difference. It reminds me of cs:s all the models looking alike that no fun. Its still going to be a great game it just could have been evan better if we waited longer maybe too tweak these things. :rolleyes:They pbrobubly move the same way and have the same walk lol emagine having 4 zombies coming at you and they all look alike and walk the same. maybe im just too picky.
maybe they all went to the zombie outlet and stocked up.. :)

right... all zombies i've seen this far are two types: one with a black long-sleeve shirt and one with a white long-sleeve shirt...

Maybe its a requirement of living in City-17 like it is in prison (uniformed clothing)

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
they might have change these things. these screenshots are probably old right

Not very likely, as i said its not a big deal, different looking zombies would be great yeah and more realistic if the zombies were women, and childen and of different porportion (fat or thin etc)

But this isnt a big deal and im sure it wnt make much difference , and there is also them running zombies and poison zombies i read somewhere , so im sure it will be fine.

Andy018 said:
Maybe its a requirement of living in City-17 like it is in prison (uniformed clothing)

I had not thought of that , good thinking, mayb the combines made these people wear these clothes.

wow like resident evil the film kinda zombies, that would be so amazing, halflife 3 hopefully :angel:

If they wore the same blue clothing how are there shirts white

Case Re-opened. ;)

What's the big deal?

Since when did it become the standard in video games to make every single individual person different than the last? I mean, they're zombies for the love of god! You'll be shooting them, not wondering "damn, why are they are wearing the same socks? Stupid ass valve"

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see distinct zombies and combine and so forth, but face the facts guys. Valve is a single company of no more than 70-90 people. Do you know how long it would take to make an distinct model for EVERYTHING in the game? If they did that, HL2 would follow in the footsteps of Duke Nukem Forever.

KurtCobain said:
If they wore the same blue clothing how are there shirts white

Because scientists wear white clothes.

case closed,put in a small wooden box and thrown out ot sea.

Well...there will be different variations of zombies, that much is known. But I don't think there will be many variations of the variations though.....Ahem.

how hard would it be to change the color of clothing or to change the body size of the character not hard just point and drag . As far as i have seen the modeling systeam is very easy to work with so it should of taken like a minute to change these things. I would of

The Brew Master said:
Because scientists wear white clothes.

case closed,put in a small wooden box and thrown out ot sea.

So City-17 is populated by scientists ?. and not one of the people in bluee clothing has been 'zombified' if u will ?

I just find it hard to beleive that these people would have the same jeans and shirts, and specially them all
being scientists, granted there are alot of scientist but come on now ;)

ho wharf would it be to change the color of clothing or to change the body size of the character not hard just point and drag . As far as i have seen the modeling systeam is very easy to work with so it should of taken like a minute to change these things. I would of

maybe someone will make a mod for distinct difference in Zombies so you can stop bitching about it.

Kiva128 said:
What's the big deal?

Since when did it become the standard in video games to make every single individual person different than the last? I mean, they're zombies for the love of god! You'll be shooting them, not wondering "damn, why are they are wearing the same socks? Stupid ass valve"

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see distinct zombies and combine and so forth, but face the facts guys. Valve is a single company of no more than 70-90 people. Do you know how long it would take to make an distinct model for EVERYTHING in the game? If they did that, HL2 would follow in the footsteps of Duke Nukem Forever.

I understand what ur saying but i was just making the point lol , and it actually wouldnt take that long to create say 3 different variations of that one zombie, and then randomly select , instead of having the same kind every time.

LOl you guys haven't even played the game, yet are picking apart screnshots...from where?

I know it's been years, but not everything can be perfect...for what you want, it would not play on slower machines.

"I want every character individually textured!" Sorry... but that won't happen for a few years yet.

The Brew Master said:
maybe someone will make a mod for distinct difference in Zombies so you can stop bitching about it.
NOT just zombies head crabs not all head crabs should weighth the same look the same and smell the same ohh wait we cant smell the game, anyways just like Alex and Eli they are wearing differnt outfits because they are two different people. If you walk into a class room everyone wont be fat so if i play hl2 and there arent fat people in game i ... i.... i... wil just kep playing the game :thumbs:

I understand what ur saying but i was just making the point lol , and it actually wouldnt take that long to create say 3 different variations of that one zombie, and then randomly select , instead of having the same kind every time.

yes it would be nice to have variation of zombies but as Kiva said i seriously doubt your gonna stop in the middle of fight with zombies and go "OH NOES!!!11one!!,TEH TWO ZOMBIES HAVE TEH SAME JACKET!!1!11!one!,NOW I CANT PLAY TEH GAME CAUSE OF TEH STUPID VALVE!."

Im just judging this on all the vids etc ive seen.

Im trying not to be too bitchy but i think it would be alot better and realistic in many respects if they just had some variant of the zombies appearance , nuff said on the matter now.

it doesn't matter right? they're all zombies right? and they're gonna hurt u if u just sit there asking urself why they all look the same, right?

i'm not being a jackass here but if u think valve is gonna have a model for every single zombie ur crazy from the start.

:hmph:

The Brew Master said:
yes it would be nice to have variation of zombies but as Kiva said i seriously doubt your gonna stop in the middle of fight with zombies and go "OH NOES!!!11one!!,TEH TWO ZOMBIES HAVE TEH SAME JACKET!!1!11!one!,NOW I CANT PLAY TEH GAME CAUSE OF TEH STUPID VALVE!."

And please do not use all that 11one11!!!!11one!!11eleven teh 0rz

Its very annoying :p

KurtCobain said:
Im just judging this on all the vids etc ive seen.

Im trying not to be too bitchy but i think it would be alot better and realistic in many respects if they just had some variant of the zombies appearance , nuff said on the matter now.
No not done yet it wont cost you performance to add differnt colors to clothing they were just being lazy i think they rushed it yes they rushed it

TeckBlade said:
it doesn't matter right? they're all zombies right? and they're gonna hurt u if u just sit there asking urself why they all look the same, right?

i'm not being a jackass here but if u think valve is gonna have a model for every single zombie ur crazy from the start.hmph:

I was gonna stop posting in this thread then but u posted this and got me going again.

Im not saying they should have different friggin textures for each individual fecking zombie. have u not read my posts ?

Im just saying a couple of variations of appearances every now and then would add alot to the game, and if not i wouldnt stop and stare at the mother ****ers saying they got the same jackets etc etcflipping etc, coz as i said on my first friggin post it aint a big deal

TeckBlade said:

i'm not being a jackass here but if u think valve is gonna have a model for every single zombie ur crazy from the start.

:hmph:
Not a different model ... same model just different color or of zzombie shirt and jeans and may be have one missing its arm or somthing cool like that

Obviously it's because this is City17 and everyone looks alike.

BESIDES >>, the zombie-making Headcrabs Morph people's bodies into the same shape...it's to please the headcrabs' Alien Overlord Masters. Same blood splatters and streaks on the knee-pant pleases them even more.

Duh!!1 Duh duh duh!!!!

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
Not a different model ... same model just different color or of zzombie shirt and jeans and may be have one missing its arm or somthing cool like that

Nah i think missing limbs is in control of the player, that can soon be sorted w/ a saw blade mwuahah

that would be a diffrent skin for diffrent pants etc. and juding by the quality of the work seen in screen shots it would take at least a week for a person to create a skin and u can multiply that by however many "variants" you wish to have per model and thats how many weeks ur adding to development time with a crap little niggle like this

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
NOT just zombies head crabs not all head crabs should weighth the same look the same and smell the same ohh wait we cant smell the game, anyways just like Alex and Eli they are wearing differnt outfits because they are two different people. If you walk into a class room everyone wont be fat so if i play hl2 and there arent fat people in game i ... i.... i... wil just kep playing the game :thumbs:

well go and get a life and then you can see as many different people wearing different clothes as you like,cause in the end its just a video game and i for one will not think any less of the game cause the people have the same clothing and some people look exactly the same.

7hoR said:
What he said. Honestly, people's nit-picking is astounding.

In any case, most people's jeans are blue...

Were not saying that we will think any less of the game if this wasnt to be , and were not saying we wont buy the friggin game if they didnt do this , we are simply saying this this would be a good thing to have, and mayb it would of been worth the days hours weeks or w/e it would of taken to do this zombie appearance variation.

i just thought that they would have got this down buy now Knowing valve and how long it took them to make the game they wouldnt have overlooked this this is a big deal to me. Or maybe they should have a option on the game to allow more features and textures on characters. ohh wait they DO have this feature its known as MODEL DETAIL Thanks VALVE :hmph:

I thought that, to an extent, the NPCs faces were slightly randomly generated from a pre-determined palette being mixed? Or did that fall by the wayside?

Back