Zombies

What kind of zombies?

• Total voters

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
What zombies do you want see in aftermath?

Edit: Note, the current zombies are citizen. If you look at a citizen you will notice that they are wearing a white shirt under their blue one.

I want to see some soldier zombies like in OpFor.

Well since the Overwatch have gasmaks on, I doubt a headcrab would get onto his head. I'd like to see a mixture though.

A mixture, personally, but if it had to be one, I'd say CPs. Small-minded, button-pushing, power-abusing bastards...they're nothing more than bad citizens, dressed up in fancy armour and all shitfull of fake authority. Headcrabbed? Sweet justice.

yeah, i'd like to see a variety of zombies like they had in OP4 (scietist, marine and security guard) as it seems odd that neither the combine or the resistance get head-crabbed from time to time.

Resistance and Citizen. I think the helmets and gasmasks protect the Combine from headcrabs. OR WAIT!

STALKER ZOMBIES!

DUN DUN DUN.

Sulkdodds said:
A mixture, personally, but if it had to be one, I'd say CPs. Small-minded, button-pushing, power-abusing bastards...they're nothing more than bad citizens, dressed up in fancy armour and all shitfull of fake authority. Headcrabbed? Sweet justice.
It didn't, the poll was multiple choice.

Spectre01 said:
Voted all, the more the better.
You voted all even though the last option means you only want the citizen zombies?

If Aftermath has Overwatch or CP zombies they probably wont attack you, beeing to busy searching for a white shirt and jeans :LOL:

I don't care, really. Either way I'm going to put a bullet in them. Although I do want to see some more zombie related deaths. Yeah, Ravenholm was a death hole, but I didn't see anyone die in any graphic ways. Whenever a zombie over powered a Resistance fighter, which never happened really, all it would do is swing its claws on him.

TheBleeding said:
I don't care, really. Either way I'm going to put a bullet in them. Although I do want to see some more zombie related deaths. Yeah, Ravenholm was a death hole, but I didn't see anyone die in any graphic ways. Whenever a zombie over powered a Resistance fighter, which never happened really, all it would do is swing its claws on him.
I want to see a super combine zombie, that would be bitching. At one point, before you acquire the airboat, you can kind of see a crab jump on a dude's face... aren't zombies being cut in half graphic enough?!!1:frown:

lol j/p, I'm with you on that. I want to see a zombie eat a citizens heart out.:naughty:

Well yeah, you can slice zombies in half and see charred corpses, but I want to see more people die by the zombies. Remember in Half-Life, the security guard in the control room who gets dragged into the air vents? That put me on edge. And hell, the security guard you see getting pulled (only, not in half or anything gory) by the two zombies in Blue Shift. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, the two scientists that are helping each other into the vent, only to get pulled in by some unknown creature (I presume zombie) and the ones guts come spewing back out.

Y'know, I want to see people getting dragged under floorboards, pulled under water/sewage by the bastards that hide, etc etc...

Actually, now that I think about it can Overwatch soldiers be crabed? They probably have implants in their brain.

good point, though i'd imagine those masks are fairly handy ar keeping the crabs away too.

If any combine were to be crabbed i think the Metros would probably be it since they are the most human of all of the combine forces. Plus their masks are just normal rubber instead of whatever the hell the higher ranking soldiers and elites masks are made of. A headcrab could probably tear easily into one of those goofy gasmasked metros's heads

One of the main reasons that you see only scientist zombies in HL1 (and citizen zombies in HL2) is that every other type of unit uses weapons and, usually, protective helmets or hats.

Simply put, a headcrab has almost zero chance of taking out someone with a gun - and an absolute zero chance of getting someone who has a gun and a dapper chapeau. :p

Sure, there were maybe six or so grunt/guard zombies in Op4, but barneys drop their hats on occasion, and some of the grunts wore only berets or balaclavas. They're the exception to the rule, fitting into that 1% who were caught hatless and without ammo.

Until we start seeing CPs without masks, zombies should stick to the citizenry, with maybe a rare resistance fighter zombie or two.

What I'd much more like to see would be the gonomes. It's cool how they pre-emptively combined the powers of all three zombies into one mega-zombie.

I'd say the soldiers getting crabed was more a case of a lone soldier turning his back to a headcrab and the same with the barney zombies.

op4???

is that opposing force

sorry i dont come on here much

wats a gonome

and at the end of hl2 what are those tiny little people when ur going around the citadel thing

u kno
r they combine without masks

sgtjake said:
wats a gonome

and at the end of hl2 what are those tiny little people when ur going around the citadel thing

u kno

Go/Genomes (sp) were just bigger zombies, or something. They mutated alot more because of... because of something. I don't know, their pretty leet. They throw stuff at you in Opposing Force, theres one in the zombie nest in the boiler area.

And the things in the Citadel are called Stalkers.

sgtjake said:
wats a gonome

u kno

You've double posted and put the same thing in two threads. Those things - bad.

CP's and Overwatch for sure BUT i want mostly to see a person in the process of zombiefication. oh sweet graphical love

Oh look... no you're not. Your post count has just been reset for spamming! :O

Mechagodzilla said:
It's cool how they pre-emptively combined the powers of all three zombies into one mega-zombie.
Horror of unspeakiable Horrors!!! :eek::eek::eek:

By the way, where'd some of the zombies go? There must've been a Type-1 (usual, one from HL1) zombie in a coat and a fat one (non-poison). That russian hacker's gonna pay when I meet him... Besides, don't the Combine get headcrabbed? Nevermind, though, they do have those helmets on probably for a reason...

iMMuNiTy said:
By the way, where'd some of the zombies go? There must've been a Type-1 (usual, one from HL1) zombie in a coat and a fat one (non-poison)

There wasn't anything specific about them, they were just people headcrabbed like any other person. Well, no, those big zombies in OP-Force were Genomes or something.

The reason no one in H-L2 is like the white coat zombie from the first game is because no one is really clothed in the white lab coat bar Kleiner and, well, I dunno. No one, possibly. *Shrugs*

TheBleeding, sorry, I probably didn't make myself sense... Some of the elements of the game is missing (it did get hacked after all).

When I've been looking at HL2 screens I saw 3 usual type zombies. A fat one, with a white shirt/short coat, and one with a dirty shirt/coat. However in-game I only saw the second one. Weird...

To make it more sense, here is one of the screens:

hl2engineroomzombiesq023wh.jpg

He wasn't in the game...Sad.

Ooohh, I understand what you mean. That zombie is from the cut-level 'Boralis' (sp?) which didn't make it into the final game. Correct me If I'm wrong someone, but I think Boralis was a ship that was pretty heavily infested with zombies.

TheBleeding said:
Ooohh, I understand what you mean. That zombie is from the cut-level 'Boralis' (sp?) which didn't make it into the final game. Correct me If I'm wrong someone, but I think Boralis was a ship that was pretty heavily infested with zombies.

Your correct. The Borealis was an ice locked ice breaker ship headed by Odell. The ship was infested with zombies and the like.

Back