Zorak : A new fate

RomanEmperor

Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is David Watts I will admit I am a noob at " Modding " the Source engine, but I am a Talented 3d modeler ( or atleast everyone ses I am )

But anyways I wanted to know if anyone wanted to help with the mod ???

It is based in the future ( Like Terminator movies ) I would use " Terminator | A new fate " Like I did once before but I dont want to get into any problems with Copyrights, ETC. So it is now called Zorak : A new fate.

the website is http://www.zorakgame.com/news.php

I am desperetly in need of help, with skinning, and information on how to do certain things, I can model almost anything accept Humans and animals.

I no all of what I just said above does not make me look any better about being a mod leader, but atleast I am being honest.... ( I can make really good models, just not humans or animals ) Nor can I skin :(

But anyways, if anyone is willing to help me make a grate mod for the people of HL 2, contact me VIA e-mail or instant messenger.

E-mail = [email protected]
AIM = Brucelee7777777
MSN = [email protected]
Yahoo = RomanEmperor123

P.S. The story line is on the website, tell me if you all like it.

The way people here treat others trying to introduce their ideas, it doesn't shock me this forums practically dead.

It's the joy that people get from doing so, that keeps these forums alive.

Well I am aware of that cartoon charactor, but from what I read, he was only a temporary charactor, he is in a cartoon show for one episode. Or atleast what I read about him said he was.

So I dont really have to worry about something that has no refrerence to an alien from another planet :) Or atleast thats what a judge told me, but that is just one judges saying. I also figure if there is not a movie / show called " Zorak " then how could it be against the law by calling it zorak, for example if what I read was true about him behing just a character for one episode or a few, it would be just like my name being David, if I used David in the name of my game and David was copyrighted that would be pretty messed up wouldent it. ALthoe I have not seen a persons name screw with a video game before, unless it is a Video game character them selves.

But anyways, I dont mind people that criticize me, its part of life, if someone dont like it, then they just dont like it, theres nothing I can do to change there minds accept to show them wonderful models, good maps, ETC.

And besides I have to get use to people criticizeing me, because I am a soon to be " Micro-national " Leader and have to get used to " Freedom of speech. " That meaning, I have to get used to people not always likeing something and always criticizeing me about not doing something right or maybe somethign else.

Here is an example of one of the GDS Hunterkiller.
Hope you all like it.
WireFR.jpg

Doesn't look too bad actually. Poly count?

Thanks :) The poly count is 8176. I dont think that would be too much unless you have a bunch of them in one room, but thats why you would use Triggers to make them appear at diffrent times in the maps instead of just having a bunch of enemys placed in the maps.

but yea, thanks :)

Thats quite a bit for what it is I think. I can see some areas where you can reduce the circular parts by quite a bit. Each of the gun barrels could just be a 6 sided ones instead of however many they are.

Also, is "skinning" texturing or is it rigging? I still havent figured it out when people call it that.

Thats quite a bit for what it is I think. I can see some areas where you can reduce the circular parts by quite a bit. Each of the gun barrels could just be a 6 sided ones instead of however many they are.

Also, is "skinning" texturing or is it rigging? I still havent figured it out when people call it that.

Yea, I will most likely reduce the poly limit, I could just use that model for a Cinematic video or something, althoe I am sure if I was to do that it would be better off useing the most realistic look for it and not choppy parts.

Yea I will most likely change it a bit thoe, heck I may even scrap it and make something better.

But Skinning is textureing :) I made a little texture but it is not an actual texture, it is just a single texture with the eyes colored red :)
here it is, tell me what you all think :) I think it is actually pretty good, it fits into a Nuclear apocaliptic univerise cause the metal would be all burnt from hitting fire, ETC so its stained metal :)

AssaultClass9550EX-1-1.jpg

Althoe I think it looks pretty realistic with the texture, but I am sure it could look way more real if I had a pro make a texture :D

Skinning = Painting weights on the model to make it act natural during animation.

Texturing = Drawing an image to apply to the 3d model.

"Skinning" is also used to refer to texturing, it's an old-school thing :)

I also have the main menu song done :) well I really have two songs made, but I dont have the seconds one uploaded right now, but here is the link for one of the songs :) http://www.zorakgame.com/download.php?view.18

Tell me what you all think, I hope you all like it.
Remember it is suppose to fit into a Nuclear enviroment ( JUST AS TERMINATOR ) This mod usta be called " Terminator | A new fate " but I dont want to worry about copyright issiues with Warnerbros, ETC.

So the song will sound Terminator like ( Ambience )

Tell me what you all think :)

Nope, back in the Quake era, it was the term used for texturing 3d objects.

Quake was the first FPS with 3d models, the words had to be invented before they could be used.

Keep working on that mod! D:

Shit, I still use the word skinning to mean texturing.

Gotta keep up with the times.

Yeah, I mixed skinning and texturing until not so long ago when the coders told me to get it straight :)

Well, now I see why I got so confused.

I dont see why they cant just call it weighting and texturing. Thats how I learned it and its quite clear :)

Can any of yall try to skin some models for the mod ?

I am dead serious I have no clue how to make a skin to a UVW Map, I mean I can kinda UVW map but its not exactly what you would want to see :D

Well actually I would like all the help I can get in all sections of the mod, I honestly think this mod has potential if and once I start getting everything in-game. I mean who does not like Machines that ravage the earth just as in Terminator, sure I know all the Terminator games made sucked, but thats why we make one that dont suck, diffrence is most people who make a Terminator game dont have a clue to what they should be making, but if ur obbsessed with a nuclear destroyed world you would no what to put to make it fun.

Also the C&C Style multiplayer never gets boring, when I say C&C Style I dont mean Regular C&C games, I mean the way C&C Renegade plays, you have two bases and each team must whipe out the other base or place a Nuclear strike beacon, or a Ion cannon beacon.

But sence this game is suppose to mimic Terminator, GDS will get Nuclear strikes, and De-com will get probley either an air strike or a huge EMP Device that have to place in a certain spot in the enemys base. Or each special weapon can just take out one building at a time, just as in C&C Renegade.

but yea :) It's going to be really fun :)

Back