I found something(Second Test Solved?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatts666

Reaction score
i just found this, go here

http://www.half-life2.com/media.html

go to the 6th picture u see the face of GMAN when u get pointer over the 6th picture of GMAN, click on it, u get the page that asks for a pass.

Username and password: nova/prospekt

then it takes you to this BLACK PAGE that has a white bar to type something ... i stuck here.
maybe this has been posted but i think its new.

Ohhhh,

Pic of Alyx this time. :)

Description: second test.

It's also "whatsmyname.jpg"

actually, enter barnacle for a new picture :D

ENTER "BARNACLE"

the new picture is ****ing awesome ;)

DUDE! You so found the second test!
Everyone this is it. Man I got goose bumps when I saw this page.
Wow!
Type in nova for UN
prospekt for pass

A white textbox appears
OH GOODNESS HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!

Edit: I give up on being first--I just give up... :)

Hazar Dakiri said:
Ohhhh,

Pic of Alyx this time. :)

Description: second test.

It's also "whatsmyname.jpg"

look at the pic, then enter the name of the creature in the box (barnacle)

****ing cool new hl2 concept art

I don't get how you got barnacle.

Very awesome though. :D

Edit: Ahhh, ok. :D :)

Holy crap!!!

Do this:

In the alyx source code, there's part of a URL at the bottom. Adding it to Half-Life2.com shows a barnacle.

Now, type "barnacle" into the bar on the black page!

So cool!

Edit: Poo, beaten to it. But still cool!

That's awesome...but did we just complete the second test?
I guess so. Maybe we should try entering some more stuff in--see if it takes us to the third test...

That concept art is really nice. Very high-res. Look at the water!

WTF guys... this concept art is REALLY old...

This is the second test? :|

How dissapointing...

I'm just disappointed that it doesn't say "Congrats Hl2.net, you've passed the second test..."

Unless of course that wasn't entirely it.

Hazar Dakiri said:
yep, that's how they got barnacle to type in.
Quite clever. However easy this second test might have been doesn't really matter. This is the coolest thing a game developer has done for the community--ever.

Hehe glad to have helped, wasnt sure if it was new stuff or old, but i was brave and was ready to face the flames if it was old news. guess it wasnt.

:) thank you

Tyrsenus said:
This isn't new. It was in PC Gamer I believe. Just look at my avatar. It ain't new.

Yeah, but not in it's full, high-res, downloadable turn-into-wallpaper beauty. :)

KagePrototype said:
Yeah, but not in it's full, high-res, downloadable turn-into-wallpaper beauty. :)

That exact picture has been on the internet for a long time.

This picture is old but the discovery is new..

DISSAPOINTING! :frown:

Joeslucky22 said:
That exact picture has been on the internet for a long time.

This picture is old but the discovery is new..

DISSAPOINTING! :frown:

since when? I don't remember it being on the internet besides in a scanned form. Link?

I doubt this is the end of the 2nd test. It'll have an inidication of it being passed as did the first one. So don't be disappointed, it's not a reward I'm fairly sure.

What do you want from these tests? Something tangible? You do realize that whether or not this is indeed the end of the second test, we were given more than the first test gave us. Relax.

I think these tests are more like clues that the game is getting closer to release. If you think about it, first we had the ascii gordon, just now, we found an ascii alyx. Both of those characters are featured on the front cover of the game. The only one we haven't seen yet, is an ascii g-man. I'm guessing that if or when we do see it, the source code will also have a gold date or something in it. This is just speculation of course but I like to speculate. :cheers:

Anyways, let's just hope the game comes out soon.

I noticed that the image is signed by the artist. I went to the valve site and then clicked on people and obviously the guy is one of the senior atrists at valve.

Anywhoo - went to his site and found nothing but I didn't look very closely. He has some kick-ass artwork there but nothing new from what I can see.

On another point I guess this finally puts to rest the issue of whether Gordon acutally is wearing a helmet during the game...

Do you reckon theres more to be found with the field box other than baracle?

And not sure if this was brought up or not but...

maybe that ascii bird, is like a signature of ken birdwell. He did some 3d modeling stuff for the original half-life I believe. I'm not sure what his role in hl2 is though but maybe he did those pics from which the ascii was generated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back