I found something(Second Test Solved?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<RJMC> said:
what is the password?

prospekt

What I want to know is how you people figure this stuff out?

lol

It is like you spend many hours sifting through sites to find this gman pic, and then what on earth made you input 'barnacle'?

do someone has found something writting in the white box?

i dont think this was a planned part of the test, but they saw that we found that stuff in the gcf so they just added this to make us happy

Wow Gabe, nice. How about alittle less time spent on puzzles and a little more time spent on releasing the game?? Just a thought...

but really I think it's neat.

mannyfresh027 said:
i dont think this was a planned part of the test, but they saw that we found that stuff in the gcf so they just added this to make us happy
My thoughts exactly. I don't think this is the real second test. And this is why: I tried that exact URL a day or two ago, and it didn't exist! :O

Its a real shame Dhabih hasn't updated his site since 2002, i used to visit it all the time waiting for some new artwork, but alas. Ahhh well, he's still awesome though

I dunno how you guys are gettin all that cuz the password 437N452 wont work for me.

was this ascii Alyx in the preload files or something because I ain't seeing it. Plus, where'd this "whatsmyname.jpg come from?

dis said:
was this ascii Alyx in the preload files or something because I ain't seeing it. Plus, where'd this "whatsmyname.jpg come from?

when you get to the dialog box, right click in the black and view source.

Oh okay, the first guy had it wrong..

Its Nova/Prospekt

Ive already seen that picture of the barnacle strangling Gordon..

Wonder what the 3rd test is going to be?

I just did a rot13 on the Alex ASCII art and I have come to the conclusion that Valve want to kill us :(

I guess we finally went too far...

Attachments

• kkill.GIF
    kkill.GIF
    54.7 KB · Views: 738
gatts666 said:
i just found this, go here

http://www.half-life2.com/media.html

go to the 6th picture u see the face of GMAN when u get pointer over the 6th picture of GMAN, click on it, u get the page that asks for a pass.

enter this
valve and password : 437N452

then it takes you to this BLACK PAGE that has a white bar to type something ... i stuck here.
maybe this has been posted but i think its new.

This doesn't work for me. I put in the pass and nothing happens, I just get prompted for it again. What am I doing wrong?

just a shot in the dark, but anyone else notice that the picture with the G-Man rollover is a picture of the combine citadel. Might there be some connection between the two? It's really late here and my brain is not in analytical mode, so i'll let you other folks see if there's any meat on that bone.

DarkStar said:
This doesn't work for me. I put in the pass and nothing happens, I just get prompted for it again. What am I doing wrong?

I think that post wasn't entirely correct. There are instructions on the main news page though.

DarkStar said:
Maybe the first post can be edited by a mod.

Just a note for people:-
Username: nova
Password: prospekt

Okay thanks. I feel like I've seen that barnacle picture somewhere before though.

Awesoem!!!!

Man I was there 2 days ago D: I can't believe I didn't see that...

how did you see the second test section 2 days ago?

Has anyone figured out what those little birds mean in all this ascii stuff?

why dont you check that pcgamer magazine for clues to the third test maybe?

ZoomaCLW said:
Yes it does. :E

OK your right, there's a difference between "The page cannot be viewed" and "Forbidden". You win ;)

EDIT: OK quiet now :stare:

I think it would be impossible to read that without some sort of CSI technology getting involved.

The "writing" just looks like the health and "auxilary power" bits from a screenshot they used for the image. You can see the crowbar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back