I found something(Second Test Solved?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty cool thing from a game developer , if Valve was just a lot better at date planning/meeting then they would have it all. <3 VALVE OK

Anyone tried opening the barnacle pic in notepad. I just did this, but so far its all juat a bunch of jumble....

Anthraxxx said:
Anyone tried opening the barnacle pic in notepad. I just did this, but so far its all juat a bunch of jumble....

I wouldn't expect to find anything. That pictures too high-quality to risk messing up pixels I'd think.

Intamin said:
DUDE! You so found the second test!
Everyone this is it. Man I got goose bumps when I saw this page.
Wow!
Type in nova for UN
prospekt for pass

A white textbox appears
OH GOODNESS HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!

Edit: I give up on being first--I just give up... :)

i love your avitar!

wait, i didnt see any alyx pic. when i entered nova/prospekt it took me to the white box. how did you get to the whatsmyname barnacle pic?

aye me to i only see the gordon pic some say they got some picture of alyx unless i read wrong

are you sure you gave us the right password

use nova/prospekt, you will come to a text field. (right cliking is helpful these days) Open it with notepad. Alyx will greet you. at the bottom is a url to a whatmyname.jpg. Go to the url with www.halflife2.com/ in front of it. you will see a pic of something. enter the name of it in the text field.

I could'nt get onto the entry site, the password or username is wrong/dont work.

Bah.

I don't understand. That is an old concept art. Nothing new at all.

The Mistress said:
I could'nt get onto the entry site, the password or username is wrong/dont work.

Bah.
Username: Nova
Password: Prospekt

er...i don't remember if this is case sensitive....it may just be lowercase only...

just type barnacle in the white box....

Right click on the black part of the screen and click "View Source"

Then....wallah, Alyx.

to open the source for a web page, my view source thing isnt doing anything. i forget how i did it for the first test. can someone help me out?

dont you get it? Description above the barnacle concept art says "second test..." there is something in the code i think. its not over yet. maybe something to do with the whiteboard shots again.

I've seen that concept art before, that can't be the end....

right click and click "view source" to see the source on the black page with the text field. not that hard.

i had to save it, open it, then hit view source. even then, the bottom part of alyx was off, but still cool.

I saw the GMan a while ago in ASCII.. So we now have all three box art covers.

@ @ 8BIM  8BIM S  @ °  G o r d o n _ B a r n a c l e   ° @    null  boundsObjc  Rct1  Top long Leftlong Btomlong @ Rghtlong ° slicesVlLs Objc  slice  sliceIDlong groupIDlong originenum ESliceOrigin
autoGenerated Typeenum
ESliceType Img boundsObjc  Rct1  Top long Leftlong Btomlong @ Rghtlong ° urlTEXT  nullTEXT  MsgeTEXT  altTagTEXT  cellTextIsHTMLbool cellTextTEXT  horzAlignenum ESliceHorzAlign default vertAlignenum ESliceVertAlign default bgColorTypeenum ESliceBGColorType None topOutsetlong
leftOutsetlong bottomOutsetlong rightOutsetlong 8BIM  ä8BIM <  ` €  

I have no idea if this is anything. found it in the barnacle jpg text.

im still trying different words in the white box, but i think we need to dig up another password to proceed. thats if there is another word to unlock. they might make us wait until they preload some more content.

Whats so new about the art picture of gordon and the barnacle I saw that awhile ago?

I just noticed, Gordon is wearing some pretty heavy duty glasses. The frames are much bigger than usual. Do you suppose the glasses are part of the HEV suit? Like that's how the HUD shows up on Gordon's vision?

What's new is that that page was not there a few hours ago. Which means we are at least on the track to the solution of the second test, if not already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back