Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and also... i asked what graphics card the computer i was playing on was and it was a radeon 9800 and it ran the game just fine with high graphics settings and whatnot..

-merc

nice merc thx for the info!!! Just a quick question when you were fighting in c17 could you go in and out of the buildings and like shoot out the windows instead of just on the street?? either way it would still be kick ass!

merc said:
and also... i asked what graphics card the computer i was playing on was and it was a radeon 9800 and it ran the game just fine with high graphics settings and whatnot..

-merc

:bounce: :E :bounce:

My favorite whiteboard comment:

"Add'l hairstyles for Barney"

:LOL:

Sashswash said:
woah...you're lucky man! (Did you have to sign something...or swear not to talk about anything you saw???)

-Sashswash

Well they just told me that I shouldn't tell you any spoilers because most of you might get pretty mad and they asked me if it was alright with me if I played that part without playing any parts before it and I was fine with it because I am giong to enjoy the game no matter what!

-merc

Wow I am almost positive this is a joke but whatever.

Oh yeah, I'm compiling any info from this thread, and putting it into the info from valve thread. No speculations, just the info.

Awesomeation... hey, I don't know what else to ask! Thanks for the info though :p

Yeah what kind of agreement did you have with Valve that you're not going to spread any info? If you don't mind to tell us.

Foxtrot said:
Wow I am almost positive this is a joke but whatever.

Valve has said themselves that they're getting tons of playtesters to get feedback for their game.

BTW, the part that is circled in green is in ROT 13. Decrypted it says:

hell8, tour visitors.

I'm presuming that the 8 is supposed to be an o (really it should be a c, or the number 3, or the number 17).

Xcellere said:
So wait, what looks better? HL2 or Far Cry?

isnt this just a matter of opinion? hes already said that he thinks far cry looks better.

You made it sound like with your last comment that Far Cry has better graphics.

So wait, what looks better? HL2 or Far Cry?

That's really cool. Next time I'm in Seattle I'll have to find it. ;)

btw, are you sure the pic works?
It didn't for me.

lol you might go down in history as the first guy who made it to Valve & home alive & then returning for more :E You're in for a ride ;)

Funny picture too. I doubt any of it is real (okay maybe some parts) & the CE info is probably scribbled over for our own agony :) So it'll look "real". I wonder how the love scenes would play out... *uses imagination*

It works fine for me. Try it again, or save it to your hard drive if possible.

bayaraa_us said:
Dude,

I don't believe you. Are you cousin of one of the Valve employees or a beta tester?
I didn't read the whole trip to Valve thread but I doubt they let you play the ending of the game.

I can verify that Merc was at Valve playtesting today.

Cliffe
VALVe

I said that HL2 is the best looking game I have played and the second best would be Far Cry.. Got it? Good. :)

-merc

Lanthanide said:

hell8, tour visitors.

I'm presuming that the 8 is supposed to be an o (really it should be a c, or the number 3, or the number 17).

please elaborate

Lanthanide said:

hell8, tour visitors.

what is ROT 13? is the link/url in the top corner in the same code?

woah, this is awesome! I wish I could do that! tell me merc, could you see if my fan fiction had arrived there yet? :cheese: (I sent it to valve in a pretty binder, you see)

I still want to know if he was REALLY playing the end of the game

There shouldn't be any love scenes, really. They say they want you to believe that you are gordon freeman, so there won't be any mirrors or him talking. I'm gay, so really if they have a love scene between 'me' and a woman, it'll take me completely out of the experience they're trying to create.

I think the 'experience' is a load of rubbish anyway, I never felt like Gordon in HL1, but if they're trying to stay true to their design, then there shouldn't be any signs of Gordon being interested in Alyx whatsoever (she can be interested in him though).

cliffe said:
I can verify that Merc was at Valve playtesting today.

Cliffe
VALVe
/me waits for Tinneth to start saying cliffe is fake aswell :rolleyes:

Out of interest cliffe, don't you have the people who visit sign anything, like a mini NDA or something? Or are you always careful to hide the secret stuff when you know there's going to be a visit?

I'm sceptical too that he was playing the end. You would think valve would save that till it was released.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the scribbled out AWP on the board. Frankly I think it would be a bad idea for HL2, since we all know the crossbow is Gordon Freeman's choice for his long range sniping needs :E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back