Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
theotherguy said:
woah, this is awesome! I wish I could do that! tell me merc, could you see if my fan fiction had arrived there yet? :cheese: (I sent it to valve in a pretty binder, you see)

lol i am not sure if i saw it...

-merc

Speculation...

Dark energy, no idea
razor train, no clue
nova prospect (new prospect, no idea tho)
barney, something happens to him
strider, same thing
city 13, hmm... coolbeans

ADD'L hairstyle for Barney? Does he get a new hairstyle? heh.

Leash for Dog? A leash for the robot.

Easter Eggs! No clue tho, nothing shows.

Some more neat things to speculate upon...

I'd like to ask if the games end 'boss' (assuming there is one) is as much an anticlimax as Nihilanth (not that the giant baby wasn't fun, it was just... weird).

But I won't. And that board is definitely a joke.

Fenric said:
/me waits for Tinneth to start saying cliffe is fake aswell :rolleyes:

Out of interest cliffe, don't you have the people who visit sign anything, like a mini NDA or something? Or are you always careful to hide the secret stuff when you know there's going to be a visit?

Its all a cherade. :rolling: Anyway, im not jealous in the slightest. Id rather play the full finished version with myself totally immersed into the atmosphere locked away in my room that sitting there with 5 or 6 other guys testing for bugs etc.

Just want to thank merc for actually sharing info/hype about HL2. Combine that with the speculation about the Doom 3 release date, my w00tage meter is running at a 9.0 (out of 10). ;p

I still am wondering during the c17 fighting could you enter and exit at least some of the buildings and shoot outwards and stuff???

Ok, decrypted that URL:

...life2.com/secret/pwn3d

presumably it's halflife2.com/secret/pwned/ or /pwn3d/

merc u didn't answer my question :(

did u ask about the Collectors Edition?

And I was just about to go to bed... Damn :) To the front lines you analysts (sp?)!

merc it must of been awesome to goto valve,i have always wanted to goto that kind of enviroment and watch people make games thats like a dream for me,and what a game,seeing half life 2 in just the cherry on the cake,and playing cs source? WOW you are possibly the luckiest guy i know ever,i have one question for you im not gonna give you 1000`s lol,but when you was playing cs,what did the ragdoll look like when you killed an enemy? better than farcrys? was it so bad that when you saw someone get killed you had to make one of them nosies like "ouch thats gotta hurt" lol,and how do the ragdolls interact with the enviroment? sorry thats two questions but when ya gotta know ya gotta know.

btw cliffe you rule dude,i swear cliffe is like the valve mod of the century on steampowered.com lol

Lanthanide said:
Ok, decrypted that URL:

...life2.co2/secret/pwn3d

presumably it's halflife2.com/secret/pwned

lol, pwned my ass. not many people fell for the white board

klown said:
I still am wondering during the c17 fighting could you enter and exit at least some of the buildings and shoot outwards and stuff???

i was actually inside the big city 17 complex thingy and never saw outside

-merc

Lanthanide said:
Ok, decrypted that URL:

...life2.co2/secret/pwn3d

presumably it's halflife2.com/secret/pwned/
I tried halflife2.com/sectet/pwn3d, and it sent me to the front page of planet half life.

Hence, you have been pwned by Valve.

I told you!

Dr. Freeman said:
merc u didn't answer my question :(

did u ask about the Collectors Edition?

i did not ask about it i was playing a game the whole time

-merc

I dont see how anything thinks that he is lucky. All playtesting will do is totally ruin the experience you would have had if you played it for the first time at home.

Merc try and give us details over how amazing it was. DETAILS my friend!

Yeah, planet half life own halflife2.com so it'll go there. Unless there's something else at the start of the URL we're missing. But from the looks of the whiteboard, I think all the writing on it is pretty much a joke.

Tinneth said:
I dont see how anything thinks that he is lucky. All playtesting will do is totally ruin the experience you would have had if you played it for the first time at home.

why are you so negative?

halflife2.com = planethalflife.com

the offical site is half-life2.com.

theyre saying u got pwned for beliveing them. lollll @ u lot

uziholda said:
merc it must of been awesome to goto valve,i have always wanted to goto that kind of enviroment and watch people make games thats like a dream for me,and what a game,seeing half life 2 in just the cherry on the cake,and playing cs source? WOW you are possibly the luckiest guy i know ever,i have one question for you im not gonna give you 1000`s lol,but when you was playing cs,what did the ragdoll look like when you killed an enemy? better than farcrys? was it so bad that when you saw someone get killed you had to make one of them nosies like "ouch thats gotta hurt" lol,and how do the ragdolls interact with the enviroment? sorry thats two questions but when ya gotta know ya gotta know.

btw cliffe you rule dude,i swear cliffe is like the valve mod of the century on steampowered.com lol

i played cs:s yesterday for about 5 minutes but the bodies did ragdoll quite well and were better than far cry's.. they reacted to the environment just as any ragdoll would... they just flopped around things, lol

-merc

Tinneth said:
It may ruin your experience if you look at it that way, but instead you are helping enhance the game so others may have a better experience. :angel:

merc said:
i played cs:s yesterday for about 5 minutes but the bodies did ragdoll quite well and were better than far cry's.. they reacted to the environment just as any ragdoll would... they just flopped around things, lol

-merc

LOL,yeah i can imagine,but like when you shot a person and they were near a edge,would there body fall over the edge and ht the ground hard?

I'm betting whatever's behind that password is a virus that deletes windows :LOL:

Sushi said:
It may ruin your experience if you look at it that way, but instead you are helping enhance the game so others may have a better experience. :angel:

id rather stick with the experience lol

Windows -is- a virus.

Uzi - bodies flop, we've seen it way back in E3 2003 when they kill the soldier standing on the platform during the squad video.

so hey merc.. by u playtesting HL2, does that mean u will be credited at the end of the game? wow.. that would be quite awesome!!! :thumbs:

uziholda said:
LOL,yeah i can imagine,but like when you shot a person and they were near a edge,would there body fall over the edge and ht the ground hard?

What did you see in the e3 videos? PLEASE TELL ME.

Why don't you guys try using that other encripted message as a login/password?

Don't really care because it's a big whiteboard joke. I expect laughs bwahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back