Some new screenshots

wow i just found this forum a few day's ago and have been looking around and i never knew guys like the ones that are makeing hl2 ever went to forum's let alone posted in them thats cool

sadman said:
wow i just found this forum a few day's ago and have been looking around and i never knew guys like the ones that are makeing hl2 ever went to forum's let alone posted in them thats cool
... Cool!

Welcome to da forums! Try the crab cakes!

crab PASTE! lol :p that shows so funny.

your a minge teasing bastard pat!

kevinb456 said:
crab PASTE! lol :p that shows so funny.

your a minge teasing bastard pat!
... I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

bo selecta... maybe your american i dont know, if you dont have it over there, your missing out!

A special treat lies for those who check the source

that is the G-man in ASCII art glory just right click click source and behold him in all his wickedness.

source? what source? where source? ARGH WANNA C ASCII G-MAN!!!!!

Hahaha nice, Greg did you make that ASCII art? You've got WAY too much time on your hands if that's the case. GET BACK TO MAKING HL2! OR PLAYING DOOM 3!

Wow... you can't beat that. Its like a sun-burnt woody, you can't beat it ;).

Has any one seen any screen shots of Half-Life now that it's converted to source?

got to have used a converter program, they are relatively common

+ welcome to the forums sadman

BlueWhiteRed said:
Has any one seen any screen shots of Half-Life now that it's converted to source?

Yes, but only squinched down really small in a magazine. Looks good, though...

Ace screenshots... :stare: Cheers Greg you getting me more and more excited :smoking:

I hope soon they post some shots of Half Life:Source, it's not going to spoil any thing, just to give us a glimpse ...

BlueWhiteRed said:
I hope soon they post some shots of Half Life:Source, it's not going to spoil any thing, just to give us a glimpse ...
IIRC they said somewhere it wont have as much of a make over as Cs:s , sad...

they said somewhere it wont have as much of a make over as Cs:s

I don't see why it shouldn't. It's just as important to some of the fans. But even if it's just been updated and is not as good as CS:S, it's still going to look awsome on the Source engine ... :thumbs:

That engine could make anything look pretty. Even me! (That's a long shot, I know.)

Thanks!

Anyone else notice how on screeny one and two that the tracers actually have bullets in them?

Very astute of you! I never noticed this before... what an unprecedented level of detail. O_O

Unimita said:
Thanks!

Anyone else notice how on screeny one and two that the tracers actually have bullets in them?

Actually they are probably not meant to be "bullets". It is a "phospherous" slug if you will. Still hurts and can kill but its not a "bullet" in the real sense.

Anal Aknot
:)

I reckon they're some kind of metal projectile with a plasmic shell as a side-effect of their firing process. They sure sound like metal when they hit things...

The tracer looks similar to a bullet from PlanetSide, which comes from a gun whose bullets are enhanced with a magnetic field. Seeing as that helicopter is probably Combine, and the Striders also seem to be with them, maybe it's some form of Combine-special bullet?

OK are we talking "real" life or game or a little of both? In real life the tracer does have a slug:

"Tracer contains a lead slug, and a chemical composition in the rear"

In the game it is probably peanuts super-heated.

In the new 2004 high-red bink video of the G-Man, it has the original half-life scene of the 'resonace cascade' playing in the behind the G-Man. But what i can't work out is, is that the original Half-Life. Or is it Half-Life on the Source engine? It does seems to look nicer but you can't see much of it and no detail so i can't tell ... Does any one have any ideas?

** Sorry posted in wrong place ;( **

Back