1 day left...Any last regrets...

What don't you want to see?

• Bad death scene (if there is one)

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Cheesey ending

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Actually shorter than Episode 1 (liars?)

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, with one day to go, Its time to own up, what DON'T you wana see in Half Life 2 Episode 2, or is it all good?

Dog owning a strider by ripping off its armour plating. That was lame.

1 - Not preordering it through Steam.

2 - Not complaining to Valve that you cant buy from them with a debit account (hey, im a uni student).

3 - Wont be worth the hype

4 - Uhh....Uhhh....will regret buying it if it doesnt out-sell Halo 3

Im 99% sure this one will have at least the quality off the previous half life games. My only concern is the length. I really hope it will be longer (1- 2 hours) than ep1.

Holy crap, Wednesday's already here?

Time flies.

Anyways, can't quite think of anything I don't want to see...
Except for anymore parts where all you have is a flashlight and very little ammo for your guns and the game throws you in the dark against zombies.

I would hate for this to have a crappy ending. I mean after all this, I would be so disappointed.

Afraid from crappy plot twists, ending, and gameplay areas.

Otherwise, I'm excited as hell.

Only thing I don't like is my stupid VISA card and idiots from EA who delayed retail version.

The only thing I don't want to see are the new blood effects. Even though David Speyrer answered my email on the matter, I doubt if he really took it to heart...

After playing some Half life 2 I have gotten really tierd of the gameplay lol. So im not really hyped at all... Cant belive im saying this since Half life is my favorite game series.

After playing some Half life 2 I have gotten really tierd of the gameplay lol. So im not really hyped at all... Cant belive im saying this since Half life is my favorite game series.

I know what you mean. I was worried about that in Episode 1, and to some extent, while I was playing EP1 I was wishing for more "newness" than the same old same old. However, Valve executes delivery well so EP1, while not being very innovative was still loads of fun to play and some moments surpassed HL2 in scope and impact. I am hoping for more of that in EP2.

The only thing I fear is EP2 not leaving a great impression in my mind after I've finished it. However I doubt that such a problem will arise.

I wanted to complete Half Life 2 and Episode One before it (as in, play it again, and as soon as I finish Episode One I go straight into Episode Two). But I only finished HL2 today, so no time.

I know how you feel about Episode One, but there will be a lot of new gameplay elements, environments, and plotline development/revelations than in Episode One.

Or so the previews say.

I don't want to see
Eli getting his head ripped off by an Advisor. (see Wikipedia)
Hopefully they'll do it more tastefully.

My main regrets is watching all the previews, spoilaz, and reviews. For Ep3 and the future, I plan to limit to Valve offical trailers only.

I would be dissapointed if they don't reveal stuff about the GMan, but it's confirmed :D

I know what you mean. I was worried about that in Episode 1, and to some extent, while I was playing EP1 I was wishing for more "newness" than the same old same old. However, Valve executes delivery well so EP1, while not being very innovative was still loads of fun to play and some moments surpassed HL2 in scope and impact. I am hoping for more of that in EP2.

Really? I thought the gameplay was much more innovative than HL2, and most shooters in general. Very varied gameplay. I expect Episode 2 to do the same. I felt the same old about the C17 environments, though.

A bad death scene would be really bad, especially since most of the characters are so well developed...

Im not expecting a huge climatic ending, cause there is still episode 3 to go, and although the length isnt supposed to be long, it never stopped me from enjoying Episode 1 at least 10 times. Plus the fact that the other games packaged with the Orange Box will keep me plenty occupied...

Back