1 Year DOOM 3 Anniversary!!!

If Doom 3 was scary or no tall depends how well the user can predict.

When it was my first time going through(demo), my cousin was with me. I played first and I just seemed to know where everything was. I seen a dark corner and boom I had already guessed that there was a guy there and I was right....

My cousin on the other hand....lol....he rather.. kept on going...and well....yeah he kinda liked it.

I didn't mind it.

by the time the last half of the game rolled around it wasnt scary anymore

Hurrah. Thanks for reminding me of that very disappionting day of learning how boring Doom 3 was

KagePrototype said:
Great opening, and some brilliant moments, but overall felt very dated, overly-long and repetitive. I doubt many people will care much about it by it's next anniversary.

The DOOM fans will and they number in the millions. I will certainly remember it.

Does anyone else have anything positive to add?

I thought it had awesome dynamic lighting and some really great moments.

Overall it was average. Gamers have changed and grown from the days of the original Doom.

You can say id software went out and did what they set out to accomplish. It was just not what a majority of people expect nowadays however.

I got probably around half-way through the game. (A level or so before you go to Hell)

I let my dad play it (who was a huge doom player back in the day... every day after work he was playing it) and he said it was really boring... Didn't have the same magic the original had.

what did people expect anyway, it was always gonna be classic run and gun action. It only got boring if you played it for too many hours on end, it was brill end of story..

No need to be fussy about it even if you are a big half life fan, Its quite simple Doom 3 is the best fps of its horror genre type.

edit: howdya get the console up in Doom III to play those addon maps :p.

Postive thing to add: I loved those interactive screens where your crosshair turned into a cursor. I hope future games see that that's a really good idea.

kupoartist said:
Postive thing to add: I loved those interactive screens where your crosshair turned into a cursor. I hope future games see that that's a really good idea.

I concur.

Positive thing to add: Awesome looking plasma rifle.

kupoartist said:

Agreed - they were very neat.

Nice shadows too.

clarky003 said:
edit: howdya get the console up in Doom III to play those addon maps :p.

Hit Ctrl+Alt+Tilde(~) keys to bring down the console.

Thank you for adding your positive remarks guys.

It's been a year and I still havn't beaten the game. :LOL: :sleep:

satch919 said:
The DOOM fans will and they number in the millions. I will certainly remember it.

Does anyone else have anything positive to add?
One of my best friends loves Doom to death. He can play the Hanger level theme on his guitar and just loves it. He was so psyched about the game that when he got it he called me and told me he was installing it. I spoke to him a week later at school and asked him if he finished it yet. He said no, it's too boring.

You can say id software went out and did what they set out to accomplish. It was just not what a majority of people expect nowadays however.

I got probably around half-way through the game. (A level or so before you go to Hell)

I let my dad play it (who was a huge doom player back in the day... every day after work he was playing it) and he said it was really boring... Didn't have the same magic the original had.
With the oringal it wasn't ment to be scary. It was ment to go out there and kick some ass. Thats what made it drastically diffrent from the oringal.

Sparta said:
One of my best friends loves Doom to death. He can play the Hanger level theme on his guitar and just loves it. He was so psyched about the game that when he got it he called me and told me he was installing it. I spoke to him a week later at school and asked him if he finished it yet. He said no, it's too boring.
That's sad :(

Minerel said:
With the oringal it wasn't ment to be scary. It was ment to go out there and kick some ass. Thats what made it drastically diffrent from the oringal.

In 1993 it was scary. :p

In 1993 it was scary.
No it was not. How in the world could Doom have been scary? It was an action shooter, a shooter that you go to pop tons and tons of guys. I think it was the last level of doom 2 or something that had SHITLOADS UPON SHITLOADS OF GUYS.

Scary dosn't get unscary over time. If it's scary it will be scary no matter what age. I played Doom when I was real real young, it was fun not scarry but really ****ing fun.

Fatal frame is probaly the scariest game out there, try playing that game in the dark by yourself with the sound blasting. I couldnt scared the crap out of me.

Sparta said:

Awww poor kid :p

I still haven't completed DoomIII... but I'm still playing it. I played it for an hour a couple of days ago, actually :) I'm slooowly getting there. I'm at the bit with the teleporters at the moment... it's quite near the end isn't it?

And yes... I got it on the day of release :LOL:

Doom 1 & 2 scared me as a young child :(

xlucidx you were a CHILD. Do you think Doom 3 would scare a child? Yes.
I wasn't scared though lol.

Anyway, xlucid.... if you had played Doom 1/2/Final while you were at least 14....you would not have been scared. And that is the age we must judge from.

Minerel said:
xlucidx you were a CHILD. Do you think Doom 3 would scare a child? Yes.
I wasn't scared though lol.

Anyway, xlucid.... if you had played Doom 1/2/Final while you were at least 14....you would not have been scared. And that is the age we must judge from.
I'm 13, I've played DooM 1 and 2 when I was about 6-7, didn't scare me, neither did DooM 3. HL1 did though, with Vort's teleporting in front of your face and the tube collapsing.

I remenber I played a bit of doom 1 and was scary sometimes,I was like 8

Back