100% Fake

What a fuking shit hole................................

sHm0zY said:
I have not lost any respect for them its not there fault some stupid ass loser got his password omg im so mad at that guy.

And the password is Gaben, what a fuking stupid easy password. :p

And the password is Gaben, what a fuking stupid easy password

It could've happened to anyone. I used to use stupid ass passwords like that.

This prank is no different than giving keys to someone for their birthday, and when they open the garage it's a toy car.

Except this one was played on thousands of people simultaneously :)

Gorgon said:
And the password is Gaben, what a fuking stupid easy password. :p
Reminds me of a quote from SpaceBalls..

"That's the kind of thing an idiot would use on their luggage!"

FoB_Ed said:
It could've happened to anyone. I used to use stupid ass passwords like that.

Yeah, but not as famous as Gabe is :monkee:

famous people are always easy to guess their passwords. :O

ShadowFox said:
Reminds me of a quote from SpaceBalls..

"That's the kind of thing an idiot would use on their luggage!"

OH OH, look whos talking now !!! :sniper:

Gorgon said:

I know Abom's password :cool:

hah i knew i would wake up to this. all i can say is, i knew it. ah well twas fun.

Gorgon said:
What a fuking shit hole................................

indeed, that hacker should die. But Gabe has given me an idea:

OMG!!11 Greg Coomer's password is "gregc", quickly let's hack him and impersonate his postingz11 :naughty:

That movie sucked.

Well as far as I heard, its still NO.1 in top men movies :p

lans said:
indeed, that hacker should die. But Gabe has given me an idea:

OMG!!11 Greg Coomer's password is "gregc", quickly let's hack him and impersonate his postingz11 :naughty:

LOL :LOL: that would be awsome.

/me open IPChanger.exe program :D

Gorgon said:

I remember from a few years ago some reporter discovered Saddam Husseins password and got into his personal e-mail account. Saddam didn't use the account, his inbox was supposedly only "fan" mail. The password was also something like SaddamH or another password that is about as easy to guess as that.

Reporter didn't do anything with it though which is too bad, it could have been pretty funny.

Wow, you guys that are trying to defend the outright stupidity of someone of Gabe Newell's stature having a forum password of his god damn NAME are the most brainless fanboys I've seen yet.

Any way you look at it, that was a STUPID thing to do. REALLY stupid considering all that's happened.

a bit slack on gabes part having such an easy password but i guess he has lots of passwords to remember for aload of different things not just forum accounts so id imagine he'd prioritise and have something easy for the less important stuff to him - such as a forum account. that said though, he coulda just written the password he has for sites accounts down on a bit of paper, im sure no-one lese at valve would look at the password/usernames and impersonate him...but maybe valves office cleaner/janitor might , they're very crafty, sly people those janitors... but they do keep the place nice and clean so fair play.

A bit slack...you say.

My 10 year old brother can keep a better password than that! :p

Looks like we might not see HL2 until 2005 after all. :LOL:

Don't we all look like idiots. Hmph.

Man, I'm just glad I didn't see any of this until this morning when it was all confirmed fake. As mush as I would've loved to have that hype feeling (before the fakeness), I'm glad I didn't have to go through the letdown of knowing that it was truly false.

I must admit, when I came to HL2.net forums and saw that HL2 Gold Announcement thread, I was truly shocked.

Soundwave said:
Wow, you guys that are trying to defend the outright stupidity of someone of Gabe Newell's stature having a forum password of his god damn NAME are the most brainless fanboys I've seen yet.

Any way you look at it, that was a STUPID thing to do. REALLY stupid considering all that's happened.

I agree, no offense to Gabe, but when I read that he used "Gaben" as his password, I seriously couldn't believe he could do something that stupid after all the nonsense that has happened.

I really hope this doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another "hack" this month.

Maybe It was a hackor who changed Gabe's password. Thic maks gabe look bad and him not look like a hackor and more of a person who stumbled on to it.

Someone on this forum suggested it and i think it might be right. Seriously, would gabe really have his password as Gaben? Another thing to consider is, wouldn't someone have guessed this before?

this really has no effect on anything. Why would it be delayed because gabe's forum account on some fan site got hacked? who cares all it did was get us all excited and then depressed.

otomo said:
this really has no effect on anything. Why would it be delayed because gabe's forum account on some fan site got hacked? who cares all it did was get us all excited and then depressed.

Well, I did enjoy being excited yesterday. :LOL:

Seriously, it's not that bad.

Can't believe saying "Hl2 is gold on monday" was the funniest thing he could think of.

That really was one incredibly stupid error to make. I mean really now, come on, after all of the things that have happened to Valve security wise, Gabe decides to use his own name as the password to the forum he uses to announce, hmmm, EVERYTHING regarding the state of the game. The response from Chris Bokitch was unfair as well. Valve has NO PR SYSTEM WHATSOEVER! They have used forums for all of their announcements. In Valves case, posting on a forum is the equivalent of giving out an official press release, and "hacking" into Gabes account to post something at hl2fallout is equivalent to hacking the official site and posting a fake article. What exactly were we supposed to think? Perhaps if they'd get their act together and post news using the proper channels this wouldn't have been such a big deal.

well, how many people would believe

"OMG Teh game has been Beleated lolz" :upstare:

at least this was believable.

Although I'm sure they could of thought of something more clever.

The imposter should have said (through Gabe): '"Droppin' trow!!!'
'Oh I'll do it. Don't you tempt me. On Monday, mark my words, I'll drop trow!

spitcodfry said:
The imposter should have said (through Gabe): '"Droppin' trow!!!'
'Oh I'll do it. Don't you tempt me. On Monday, mark my words, I'll drop trow!

lol, i wonder how the public would resond to "hip-hop gabe"

:naughty:

Pliskin said:
well, how many people would believe

"OMG Teh game has been Beleated lolz"

at least this was believable. :upstare:

Although I'm sure they could of thought of something more clever.

He should have said it was delayed until 2005. That would have pissed people off a lot more than a false gold date in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Well that surely sucks... I kinda liked the big amazing thread last night...

who do we trust now? :s

yup its true.

Nogoldgabe.jpg

qckbeam said:
That really was one incredibly stupid error to make. I mean really now, come on, after all of the things that have happened to Valve security wise, Gabe decides to use his own name as the password to the forum he uses to announce, hmmm, EVERYTHING regarding the state of the game. The response from Chris Bokitch was unfair as well. Valve has NO PR SYSTEM WHATSOEVER! They have used forums for all of their announcements. In Valves case, posting on a forum is the equivalent of giving out an official press release, and "hacking" into Gabes account to post something at hl2fallout is equivalent to hacking the official site and posting a fake article. What exactly were we supposed to think? Perhaps if they'd get their act together and post news using the proper channels this wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Why does everyone so easily believe what the hacker sais? I realy dont think that someone who works in IT would be SOOO stupid as to use his own name as a pass on a public forum. I am sure lots of people already tried to fill in random passes for accesing gabe's account... But no-one ever succeeded till now? Come on people, the most obvious solution: he just hacked it somehow and wanted to give gabe a bad name by saying his pass was gaben.

Back