100 things Aftermath dosn't nead

Status
Not open for further replies.
eber said:
hl2 had all of those. just look at breen , hes the crazy maniac who wants to take over the world :sleep: , so original !
look at the prison in nova prospect. every room looked similar and the whole building hadnt any logical structure. and what about the city . the houses all had the same textures from inside and outside. they just replaced some doors and windows and put diffrent things into it.
the coast level was just annoying , it lasted much too long anyway.

Actually I think Breen is the most original and intruiging villains in gaming history. He doesn't want to take over the world, he controls the world. Well actually he doesn't, he is charged with over seeing it.

The combine have our planet in their hands and use Breen as a puppet. Plus there isn't a rest of the world, it's just wasteland and combine controlled cities. Breen never did seek the spotlight.

And Nova Prospekt looked the same because it's a prison :)

lol but a real prison wouldnt look like that. well , i think its pretty much a matter of opinion but in MY opinion its just like i said!

eber said:
lol but a real prison wouldnt look like that. well , i think its pretty much a matter of opinion but in MY opinion its just like i said!

Perhaps, though it's a Gulag also - and that's pretty much what they looked like.

103. !(A dark, scarey forest level - with or without Striders would be good) <--note the not statement making this a not not statement therefore making it a positive 103.)

104. a bolox ending that points to Aftermath II

eber said:

I would actually like to see MORE big open levels like the coast levels, however I would agree that they got a little boring after a while in HL2. The problem was that there just wasn't enough to do out in the wide open areas. For the most part it was just driving down the road and clearing a house every now and then.

The crane part was really fun, however, as it involved gameplay that really made use of the wide open areas and was something different. Aftermath should have more parts like that. Additionally, the driving could be made more interesting by having things like enemy vehicles chasing/intercepting you. There should definitely be more vehicle vs. vehicle combat.

107. New alien races other than Xen/Combine. It would bring far too many different races into the story

eber said:
Real prisons in Russia and other East Europe states (and Alcatraz prison) look same like Nova Prospect !

Yeh Alcatraz is a good example:
Alcatraz-1.jpg

zOMG SYMMETRY!

eber said:
hl2 had all of those. just look at breen , hes the crazy maniac who wants to take over the world :sleep: , so original !
look at the prison in nova prospect. every room looked similar and the whole building hadnt any logical structure. and what about the city . the houses all had the same textures from inside and outside. they just replaced some doors and windows and put diffrent things into it.

Breen never wanted to take over the world. He was just willing to go to whatever means necessary to survive, including becoming human pawn whose sole purpose was to make the Combine takeover more "user-friendly."

As for Nova Prospekt: do you realize that Valve had the entire prison mapped out before the gameplay and level path was designed? They do this with all their levels; most people are just too quick to notice. Notice the steady progression from underground electrical components, ducts, isolation prison cells etc.. to more urban environments, like the kitchen, headquarters, and entrance lobby (all near the end). In fact, it's the most sophisticated level design I've ever seen. The whole progression from the beach(end of sandtraps) to the teleporter(end of entanglement) is simply amazing. Probably one of my most favorite parts in the game.

Those "houses" you were referring to (I'm assuming you were talking about the last levels) were mostly apartment buildings. Go into any apartment building, and you tend to see repeated themes throughout.

Regarding the coast, I can't really argue that because it's more opinion than anything else (whereas the rest of your points were based on pseudo-facts). Suffice to say, I liked the coast. Did you explore all the houses? It definitely made the level more fun. I particularly liked the part with the crane and the docks. You could almost immediately tell the ocean had sunk. All of the storage areas were empty. Very cool.

eber said:
105.levels which only consist of similar looking rooms that are thrown together.

If you think HL2 level design is "thrown together", God help any other FPS you care to play :eek:

Halo anyone?

Anything, anyone?

Uh, thrown together...
HL2 had randomly generated maps, didnt you know that?!

I swear Halo2 had like the smae map with different textures over and over again with different objects.

108. Those pansy rebels
109. Those pansy combine police
110. Erie Gman sightings- i just cant handle the erieness of it all
111. crows/seaguls-unless near a rpg spawn :)

112. Weak pistol sounds.
113. Less aliens.
114. Synths (except the strider).

you guys dont get the point, the levels seem to be thrown together cos every room looks so similar , i would like to have more individual parts of maps but its really all the same.

SteelMeister said:
112. Weak pistol sounds.
113. Less aliens.
114. Synths (except the strider).
right right , good points.

eber said:
you guys dont get the point, the levels seem to be thrown together cos every room looks so similar , i would like to have more individual parts of maps but its really all the same.
I have the same problem when I close my eyes

eber said:

How!?

The chapters change dramatically, more so than any game before it I hasten to add. You've got city 17, the canals, the sewers, the coast...then Nova Prospekt - they are all so different. You never feel like you've been there before, unlike in other games.

115) To be stolen by some hacker and spread across the net.
116) Even ONE jumping puzzle.

Samon said:
How!?

The chapters change dramatically, more so than any game before it I hasten to add. You've got city 17, the canals, the sewers, the coast...then Nova Prospekt - they are all so different. You never feel like you've been there before, unlike in other games.

exactly its not like the combine are running a trading spaces show or anything

118)ANY Headcrabs
119)Antlions(except maybe the guard-it was cool!)
120)Retarded Rebel AI.
121)Barnacles
122)Any other repetitive creatures-gets WAY TOO FREAKIN' OLD!!!!!!!!!!

123) Invincible Rebels.
But we do need another Ravenholm, and we need to see some Alien Grunts again.

124)A trip to black mesa, come on what else is there to do once u get inside. Turn lights on perhaps go back 2 locker get photos?

Dag said:
123) Invincible Rebels.
But we do need another Ravenholm, and we need to see some Alien Grunts again.
there isn't going to be any grunts controlers or gargs. Get used to it.

Aww, but we need something Xenian to oppress the Vortigaunts! Bring back controllers, crush the Vortigaunt revolution!

-Angry Lawyer

126. giving away of the story

Valve need to keep fans guessing and guessing until HL3. All they need to do is give away a few clues.

3 clues of the story = 1000 (0) :naughty: threads on the clues

127. Lack of humor dialouge from Kleiner and Barney.

Gotta have Kleiner and Barney for the laughs and GTs.

128. The same zombie model when there are more than 10 citizen models. Every zombie was a white man.
129. In fact, any repetitive character models.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :| :sleep: :sleep: = Suckage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back