1UP visits Valve Software, new Episode 2 footage (plus Portal & TF2 interviews)

Loke

Tank
Reaction score
WMV
Quicktime lo-quality
Quicktime Hi-quality

The Valve tour starts at ~12:50 into the video and ends at ~28:30.

1upat5.jpg

1up2mg5.jpg

1up3lz3.jpg

Crappy screens but watch the video and you'll see it in motion, looks fantastic.

Downloading!

Edit: Okay, no so fast. Those files are really huge. I will be eternally thankful if someone does a trick and make a smaller video.

Edit: And some more screenshots and info would be nice too.

Where are the interviews?

edit: or are they part of the video?

I've got a good speed on the Hi-res video download. 200 Kb/s. 8%.

I'm so patient. :E

The 1Up website itself isn't working for me at all. Could it just be Firefox?

EDIT: Nope. Just doesn't work at all. IT never says the site is unavailable or anything. Just keeps loading... and loading... and loading. At least the video is still downloading.

Wow the host of that file has great bandwidth! I am getting ~2mb/sec consistantly!

was it only obvious to me that the model in Portal was a placeholder using one of the HL2 citizen NPCs???
D:

meh so much for Adrian Shepherd.
i think Samon will be happy about that. :p

Pumpkins FTW! ;)

One thing one of the Valve employees said that I didn't get. He was talking about in HL2 in the prison where a Vort takes on some antlions? I don't recall anything like that.

Pumpkins FTW! ;)

One thing one of the Valve employees said that I didn't get. He was talking about in HL2 in the prison where a Vort takes on some antlions? I don't recall anything like that.

He said it was a bug. So I'm guessing there was a vortigon somewhere at some point, and he started to own shit by mistake. I remember spawning some for the first time in Garry's mod, and thinking 'holy shit, these own, I want them to fight with me'.

Anyways, about the whole "lolz, the person is bald' thing, I've only seen it in that one screenshot, and everything else, the person has a full head of hair.

Anyways... lolz.

1up said:
an entirely new female main character
it doesn't necessarily mean THE main character

as in hl2
minor characters: odessa, grigori, vortigaunts, rebels
main characters: alyx, kleiner, barney, eli, mossman, breen
protagonist: gordon freeman

Someone who downloaded the HQ and LQ want to upload them to FileFront, please? :)

"For instance: Portal has a story that takes place within the Half-Life 2 universe, with an entirely new female main character"

From the 1UP article. I think it is ment as the character we play.
The new Ep2 bits look ACE. LOL@Pumpkins.

and it looks Laidlaw gained a little weight since the last time is saw him.

was it only obvious to me that the model in Portal was a placeholder using one of the HL2 citizen NPCs???
Far from obvious, but I was pretty confident that would not be the model used in the final game.

I thought the same. But after time started to think maybe it was a model to be used. I stand by what i thought 1st tho.

Cant wait to watch this. I feel a spaz coming along!

If you don't want to download the full, 600MB file and just want to see Valve bit then go and see it here.
You can stream it in higher-res if you look on the right side of the site or just download the file (~290MB for Quicktime & ~220MB for WMV, 640x360).

I'm amazed Marc said Portal actually solved problems for them in the HL universe's story. I would have thought it would have caused all kinds of problems. How deep does this story go??

Man i love valve. Check this out!!!

The changes coming to the Counter-Strike: Source weapon and equipment economy are still underway, but we're not quite ready to announce exactly what we have planned. The scope of the change involves changing the prices of every item in the game—some more significantly than others. But that's just the beginning. We'll have more info on what's in store, soon.

CANT ****ING WAIT!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE ****ING INSAN#E!>!>>!>>!

Man i love valve. Check this out!!!

The changes coming to the Counter-Strike: Source weapon and equipment economy are still underway, but we're not quite ready to announce exactly what we have planned. The scope of the change involves changing the prices of every item in the game—some more significantly than others. But that's just the beginning. We'll have more info on what's in store, soon.

CANT ****ING WAIT!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE ****ING INSAN#E!>!>>!>>!

hahaha, there will be a TON of people who will hate it.... no matter what it is.

HATE

The link worked the first time and there's good bandwidth available and a choice find. Well done, thanks!

...downloading now.

Back