2 new pics have been posted. Real? Who knows.

It does appear to be fake, why would Valve use shots from a year ago for a game that looks very much different (and improved) now? Those shots do appear to be photoshop'ed.

Actually, his supposed "Copy of Half-Life 2" is none other than an Australian PC Games Addict CD.

Obsoyve.

Above we have the original. Notice the barely visible "Nov 2004" and underneath, "Issue 27"?

Now below we see what the unedited thing would look like, courtesy of my scanner...

Note how they both have "PCGA27CDI" and "Made in Australia" on them? Blanked out on the original Steam Forum pic is the PC Games Addict logo with "Not to be sold separately" underneath, a small paragraph about how to run the CD without Autoplay enabled, and the Derwent Howard publishing company logo, with "Australia's best PC games magazine" underneath.

Case. Closed.

(Conclusion: Faker than a street corner Rolex)

MoD said:
looks fake to me... the CD alyx looks totally photoshopped, and the box has all the old screenshots from over a year ago, even with the since-removed hydra, i doubt they use those on the cd box.
*cough* the scene with the soldiers grabbing the scientist in half-life *cough*

Many games use old screenies on their boxes, half-life, mafia and I believe Vietcong.

Brian Damage said:
Actually, his supposed "Copy of Half-Life 2" is none other than an Australian PC Games Addict CD.

Obsoyve.

Above we have the original. Notice the barely visible "Nov 2004" and underneath, "Issue 27"?

Now below we see what the unedited thing would look like, courtesy of my scanner...

Note how they both have "PCGA27CDI" and "Made in Australia" on them? Blanked out on the original Steam Forum pic is the PC Games Addict logo with "Not to be sold separately" underneath, a small paragraph about how to run the CD without Autoplay enabled, and the Derwent Howard publishing company logo, with "Australia's best PC games magazine" underneath.

Case. Closed.

thats actually some great detective work

i did indeed think the CD was a print off tho

shows how much i know about photoshopping eh? ;)

Yogibbear said:
OOOooo nice find......

is that from that guy who a few days ago said that his dad worked at the place where they cut the boxes up? It was from somewhere in the US, but i don't know where......

????
No, that pic is a few months old.

OMFG this is so fake. Check file attachments for proof of pictures being photoshopped :D

Okay I'm a tad bored alright?

I doubt they would stick that goddamn awful logo on the box like that, as Alec has pointed out. That just plain sucks.

Aceallways said:
I know a guy who has played through RC1, the hydra is still in the game. (maybe that was the surprise spoken of)

I know a guy who's played through the whole game. No mention of the Hydra.

Brian Damage said:

Obsoyve.

Case. Closed.

High + five.

Brian Damage said:

Obsoyve.

Case. Closed.

I think the term that springs to mind is 'OWN3D'

Alec_85 said:
OMFG this is so fake. Check file attachments for proof of pictures being photoshopped :D

Okay I'm a tad bored alright?

Like I said, the CD is photoshopped to cover up the fact that it's not a HL2 CD at all, but is in fact the CD from this month's PC Games Addict.

Brian Damage said:
Like I said, the CD is photoshopped to cover up the fact that it's not a HL2 CD at all, but is in fact the CD from this month's PC Games Addict.
Yes I know. That's the funny part ;) I found it a tad amusing at least.

Yeah, especially since it's just splodged out with a big messy grey blur... no class at all...

did he say he had 2 different box's? because in one picture it has the MA15+ sticker and in the other doesnt ... and on the box it just repeasted what i beleive what i read on the hl2 official website ? i think its a complete fake

MoD said:
looks fake to me... the CD alyx looks totally photoshopped, and the box has all the old screenshots from over a year ago, even with the since-removed hydra, i doubt they use those on the cd box.
the Hydra is still in the game ul see ul see......

It's a promotion box they have a stores atm, damn you people really do fall for anything

Even if it was (they would be crapy boxes) who gives a damn. HAVN't I FRIGGEN TOLD YOU I WOULD KNOW WHEN THEY ARE IN PRODUCTION! Who cares about boxes or manuals or people claiming to have the game.

When it hits the underground you will hear about it. Geeze try no to be pulled in by this lame crap. OOOOoooohhh look at me...I have a place holder box and year old CD art whoopy I know how to use photoshop. Every one dance at my brilliance.

...or are you just bored.

Interesting to see how many people get their "photoshopped!" accusations wrong. Everyone's an expert now, eh?

I think anyone can notice if a CD artwork has been painted over with a big fat marker in Photoshop... plus there's a part of the cover that's all blurry... and I DON'T think that's just our eyes ****ing with us

Back