2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

125e067ac32841a86fc20e71015e584b.gif

440a4a26c091a599b292f4ad0e389b52.gif

e4b3e85c19b55b41b856a2644f63590f.gif

this is amazing, over 2 billion people were watching world wide. what do you expect ?

Gorgon said:
just saw it on BBC news...... the italian insulted his dying mother :|
If that's true he's lucky he hit him in the chest.

I would have went for the face.

Sky Sports News has another story about it.
Italy defender Marco Materazzi has strenuously denied reports that he called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'.
The 32-year-old was responding to suggestions made by the Paris-based anti-racism group SOS Racism that he apparently used the phrase seconds before the France captain head-butted Materazzi in the chest in extra time.
Materazzi is denying it of course. Will we ever know?

Lip Reader on BBC couldn't tell what Zidane said because of the camera angle, but reckons Materazzi said "no", "calm down", "liar" wished "an ugly death on you and your family", and "go **** yourself".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

mortiz said:
I hope you're being sarcastic...

Wait a minute...Italy won the world cup...Australia should have beaten Italy....OMFG! If Totti hadn't dived against Australia, Australia would have won the world cup!
It was Grosso who dived.

If only that false penatly at the start of the World Cup Final happened in the 93rd minute....oh what sweet irony that would've been. But yeah, Australia deserved to win against Italy and they were extremely lucky to get that penalty call in their favour. Otherwise the final would've been between Germany and France.

I hope you're happy, Italy. Your self-tripping skills make you the best soccer (Uh, football) players in the entire world. For shame.

rolf at all the Zidane gifs.

This WC was an utter dissapointment for me. England had the best team it's had in 40 years and Sven never really let them stretch their legs. Thank **** he's been given the red card.

I have to agree.

Ignoring my disdain for Italy at the moment, this World Cup was largely a boring tread with few memorable moments or impressive matches. BBC evaluated it, and I largely agree with their assessment.

It was a great worldcup, I had fun, Germany was a great host, good matches, all expet the final, wich was really bad as a cheating team won.

Now, if you want to complain, complain about South Africa, I saw a program on TV about the future WC... this guys don't even have a proper football statium ! Not even one ! Their biggest stadium is a criket pitch !

Sophie Ellis Bexter has been found head-butted to death in french footballers hotel room.

Police think it was murder on Zidannes floor.

Aaaaaaaand I'll get me coat. ;(

Adrien C said:
It was a great worldcup, I had fun, Germany was a great host, good matches, all expet the final, wich was really bad as a cheating team won.

Now, if you want to complain, complain about South Africa, I saw a program on TV about the future WC... this guys don't even have a proper football statium ! Not even one ! Their biggest stadium is a criket pitch !
My team Rangers are on a tour of SA just now, and the training surface is pants:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ActionShots/0,,5~866784,00.html
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ActionShots/0,,5~866784,00.html
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ActionShots/0,,5~865734,00.html

Stardog - I AM NOT registering at a hu... Rangers site. :E

How's Le Guen getting on? Ricksen in rehab..... Ferguson to be flogged?

Cormeh said:
Sophie Ellis Bexter has been found head-butted to death in french footballers hotel room.

Police think it was murder on Zidannes floor.

Aaaaaaaand I'll get me coat. ;(

keep walking...

*shakes head*

Cormeh said:
Stardog - I AM NOT registering at a hu... Rangers site. :E

How's Le Guen getting on? Ricksen in rehab..... Ferguson to be flogged?
Le Guen's doing good. Got us Karl Svensson for 600k (bargain), Jeremy Clement for £1.1m when Lyon wanted at least £2m.

Ferguson's staying definately. Ricksen might be going, no idea though.

Shame the Jambos are going to finish what they started this season. ;(

Wait a minute.. I meant :D

Disclaimer - any league, champions league, CIS cup or Scottish cup success Heart of Midlothian F.C. have this season will be purely coincidental and will not relate to the brashness or playful banter contained in this post or any post from now on

Back