2007: bad year for God squadders

Seriously, stop.
I'm ****ing serious. This has to end.

I like a healthy scientific discussion every once and a while. It's just, the moment religon is inroduced everyone goes LOL RELIGON IS SO RETARDED LOL and the entire discussion is ruined. Can't we just talk about black holes? Eh?

Black holes are THE DEVIL!

But seriously why don't all these pro-science guys kick up a fuss and mock the religious AND non-religious people who are violently anti-GM? That's at least as 'ridiculous' as being Creationist.

just proves to me that atheism is a religion whether you say it is or not. if you have to constantly try to prove yourself right or belittle another religion by making wild posts - then you must be religious yourself - if you are an atheist well there you go.

What absinthe is trying to say is - your wrong. Atheism is not a religion. By very defination it is the lack of belief. It has no laws, no power, no leader. The only thing that all atheists have in common is that they don't believe in god. Thats it.

Please, get it into your head, atheism is not a religion, it promises nothing, it gives you nothing, demands nothing.

But seriously why don't all these pro-science guys kick up a fuss and mock the religious AND non-religious people who are violently anti-GM? That's at least as 'ridiculous' as being Creationist.

They certainly are. I can think of nothing more arrogent than people who try to stop technological change - to think they think that they have the right to make choices for other people - that they have the right to slow medical treatments or third world development. Anti-GE's are all hacks, and need to be raped by genetically engineered cows.

Then every human being should be ridiculed. In Iran, You'd be seen as ludicrous. It's all from your Point of View. Your not the only eye looking you know.

Great. At least then there'd be open debate rather than the nonsensical respect-by-attrition we have today. I'd love to see religious debates on TV and in churches, where everyone is openly challenged on their beliefs, and where everyone must have reasons for believing in whatever they believe in. Religious ideas are like political ideas: they are open to debate, and ridicule.

I do. It's a silly idea put forth by xenophobic bigots that has no rational basis.

Every religion thread on HL2.net eventually degenerates to something resembling a bunch of retards on crack.

Quite amusing, really.

Every religion thread on HL2.net eventually degenerates to something resembling a bunch of retards on crack.

Quite amusing, really.

Let's hear you're position on this topic. FTW, at least.

Actually, he is completely correct and right on his judgement.

Okay, so let me get this straight.

For debating religion and atheism, we automatically become retards on crack. ... enlighten me?

Back