24: Season 7 Spoiler Discussion

I think that's just a required part of the show, considering it runs on a certain formula.

I honestly believe the mole is Renee

Yeah, it worked for the first time - now it's just bad storytelling. It's a ridiculous twist for the sake of a ridiculous twist.

Yeh I want them to set the character up from the start as being the mole, instead of doing a daft twist of character, in series 1 it worked well with Nina, Jack caught her right at the start but she wriggled her way out of it, the viewers forget about that until right on the last episode she is in fact the mole. Doing it again would be a mistake imo.

Can spoilers be put in the tags please, along with info on what episode it is. Makes it all better in the long run.

To be fair, any thread about '24' while the show is going on is bound to have spoilers, and the title should be edited thus. By Hour 12, half the thread's going to be discussed in spoiler tags.

Anyone else want to slap the president for being so dumb? She really is pissing me off.

Good episode tonight though.

Love this season so far. Great sixth episode. Completely with Taylor and her decisions, along with many other 24 fans.

I fully support her decision. Her duty is to the Constitution and to the integrity of the country. The Presidential Oath of Office says nothing about the citizens of the United States. Her responsibility should be to make a strong stance and not let the Constitution becoming a meaningless sheet of paper. Her taking that stand against another country's soldiers closely parallels the war that allowed America to create that very same Constitution, so to have her back down would be a worse off and more devastating move than any number of citizens dying.

Fairly good episode, marred only the totally laughable and ridiculous scene with Jack, Tony and Emerson in the truck. Tony this, Tony that, WHEN HE'S RIGHT THERE? Oh, and the idea that Henderson did not intend to kill Tony but instead sought to turn him against Jack? The writers of this show oscillate so jarringly between 'good' and flat-out 'bad'.

That said, I'm with Taylor - I think she's a good President and she is making the absolute right call.

Taylor has more balls than any other president to come to the show so far.
I'm getting used to the underground resistance group thing too, show's very watchable atm.

Episode was alright, but the whole torture question/no rules is annoying me lately.

Brilliant eighth episode. Few real-time inconsistencies, but that's fine. Loved the dialogue (personally some of the best in a long time). Great acting on Cherry Jones's part. Really liking Larry. Loved the whole psychological concept of doing something terrible to a really young child; Annie acted tremendously well in that horrifyng scene. Best car chase in 24 history, without a doubt. Loved the ending to; honestly did not expect that to happen. I thought Henry was going to be rescued.

For all the Republican soapboxing I'm liking this season a lot and I'll be honest a lot of that comes down to Freckles chesty McBauer FBI being along for the ride ;)

Episode Nine was great. Tightly written, tightly executed. No real action. All drama and suspense. Loving Renee and Larry. Pierce is back! :D

That episode was garbage. After a series of useless attempts to prevent the President invading his country, Dubaku is finally leaving the U.S. But not without his waitress girlfriend. Who has a sister who believes he is really bad news. And where was this laughable storyline going? Yeah, you guessed it -- Jack has to convince the innocent little woman -- much to the displeasure of aforementioned sister ("I am your older sister I will not allow it!) -- to go in harms way in order to secure Dubaku. Because hey, she had no idea her boyfriend was so bad. I think there is a counselling group in the world of 24 for that kind of thing. Like we haven't seen that storyline several hundred times before. Not cool.

And of course, there's the mole -- the rat. The little bitch. A prominent character. Then there's the pointless return of, say, Aaron. You know, they started this season off so well, and they simply went and juggled it into a river of horse manure. I think if it wasn't for the lovely Miss Walker being so ludicrously attractive, I'd have sat the show out by now.

I think if it wasn't for the lovely Miss Walker being so ludicrously attractive, I'd have sat the show out by now.

So we can put you down for the rest of the season then :)

Who's the antagonist that looks like Martin Sheen? I swear he's been in the series before but I can't find any information on him anywhere.

This season has seriously surprised the hell out of me.
I'm loving it.

I am also loving this season, I mean they are starting to really rape old techniques, but its still a joy to watch.

So you know this season has been pretty great so far but that entire White House Break in, while being pretty awesome, was one of the most bullshit things I've ever seen.

The 24 white house seems to be missing about 100 or so of its secret service, and the marines which are stationed pretty much right outside. By the time the first shot was fired they would've been ****ing dead.

Yeah, I was wondering where the **** the defense was.
All they had were a few cannon fodder secret service agents.

Haha that 2 hour block was hilarious. Agreed the entire idea that Juma and his goons would be able to waltz in was pretty stupid, but Jack did get to torture someone in the Whitehouse, plus the 'Whatever it takes' overtures were side splitting.

lol they took the White House. What the goddamned ****. Whatever, seriously -- that was the dumbest thing ever. I might have known an American corporate big-wig was behind everything. That rotter!

By far the most unintentionally hilarious moment (and this is 24, there are many) was at the very end of episode 12; as Bauer took his place at the hostage picnic, the ever-persistent, self-righteous senator delivered the most comical line thus far: "Damnit Bauer, what have you done." His angry, accusatory tone was just so damn brilliant; especially in light of the immediate situation.

But hey hey, Renee Walker soaking wet, and with Comedy Gold such as this, how is this not the finest television going?

Who's the antagonist that looks like Martin Sheen? I swear he's been in the series before but I can't find any information on him anywhere.

That would be Jon Voight, and he made an appearance in Redemption.

I just got caught up and I liked it a lot. i could care less about the weird plot this year, its 24 and its action packed compared to most shows

Thank God I have you to contextualise the show for me. It's 24 and action-packed. Right. Gotcha.

I found it hilarious how bunch of African commandos took over white house and forced the president to read the note on a camera just like the Jihadist style.

I've read that White House's security is much more better than that.

I did lol at the prospect of a small group of men being able to storm the white house so easily, and the old cliche of the Secretary of Defense being the bad guy because he wants some shipment, probably high tech weaponry, and I knew as soon as the president's daughter was in the white house and the fact there was going to be another attack that she was obviously going to be used as leverage against the president. Also I lol'd at 'We have the president, and we will kill her if you don't back off!', 'I need proof, let me talk to her!', 'No!', 'SHIT PULL BACK NOW!'. And wtf at Arron Pearce just randomly returning?

But despite all this, I am still ****ing loving it!

Jonas Hodges is not a Secretary of Defense. Apparently, he's in charge of a company call Starkwood. Most likely a PMC.

Oh, well I was on the phone during that part so I guessed on the prospect that they were following a huge trend of cliche.

Wow, did everyone just lose interest or something?

Getting ****ing intense, raid on Starkwood and Jack got infected by some kind of disease, probably gonna get a cure at the last second but whatever.

Best season of 24 ever.

Totally agree! Amazing.

Honestly feel in my heart that Jack is going to die. It's over for him now folks.

I personally hope that he finally dies, this has to be the last season of 24 because I honestly can't see it getting any better than this.

There will be a season 8. Starts shooting in May. Takes place approximately 6 weeks following Day 7 - the shortest gap ever.

Wait, what? How is this good? Sure, it's entertaining enough, in a mind-numbingly mundane way, but you know, it's far from the best 24 has been (and that is not much of a benchmark). Maybe Miss Walker should just take her clothes off or something, and then I might propel myself into your exosphere of thought.

Back