3D max 6 books

I think 3Ds Max 6 BIBLE, if that's what it is called. If you haven't already guessed fro mthe title, it explains 3Ds Max 6 in depth. Hence, "BIBLE".

Paul Steed's book is one of the best out there (I don't have it, many others have recommended it). The version number of the program does not matter very much when it comes down to modelling; you just might find some more goodies or less bugs with 3dsmax6 than 5 or 4.

ray_MAN said:
I think 3Ds Max 6 BIBLE, if that's what it is called. If you haven't already guessed fro mthe title, it explains 3Ds Max 6 in depth. Hence, "BIBLE".

I just got this book on monday, and i must say, it is amazeing. Its about 1200 pages, tons and tons of tutorials, and 2 cds with a 30 day trial of 3ds max 6, all of the models and videos used in the book, and a colored PDF version of the book. Though, if you are looking for a book just on animateing, or just on character modeling i wouldnt get this just becuase animateing is only i think 3 chapters or something, and the character modeling chapter isnt that great, for animateing i would get this http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...ng. As for character modeling im now sure.

This program is so expensive. where did you get it? and how much did it cost?

Looking to buy another cople of books. I did get two books before, one on character modeling and one on animation which i am working on now. Im going to buy the 3d max bible in the next cople of days. But i w as wondering if there are any books on materials and rendering, perfarably a book with both of these in.

I want a book on character texturing etc... I need to learn how to texture so badly. I can Unwrap fine. Its just I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TEXTURE! ARGGHHHH!

IchI said:
I want a book on character texturing etc... I need to learn how to texture so badly. I can Unwrap fine. Its just I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TEXTURE! ARGGHHHH!
with texturing it just comes down to practice, sure you can learn techniques like how most people do metals and woods...
but for the most part, its just putting in the hours in front of whatever app you have and teaching yourself...

well actually thats the best way for modeling and animating too... then again thats just me.

Mr. Redundant said:
with texturing it just comes down to practice, sure you can learn techniques like how most people do metals and woods...
but for the most part, its just putting in the hours in front of whatever app you have and teaching yourself...

well actually thats the best way for modeling and animating too... then again thats just me.

I just don't have a clue how to start. I can kinda shade areas in and add small amounts of lighting. But when it comes to like actually painting, like making the surface its self. Its just a joke. I have no clue how to do it :/

IchI said:
I just don't have a clue how to start. I can kinda shade areas in and add small amounts of lighting. But when it comes to like actually painting, like making the surface its self. Its just a joke. I have no clue how to do it :/

what are you trying to skin? weapons or player models?
(organics or inorganics?)

best place to start if your looking to get some practice with Organics (player models) is the Polycount Message boards (pimping and previews to be exact), look for some player SDKs which include the model, and its unwrapped meshes.

heres a link directly to some of their SDKs (list)
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/007960.html?00006

Back