6 Month ?

im going to hold out on buying any vug published games until hl2 is released. So no LSL for me until i get Hl2

Demonmerc said:
Its not better for VU. Because of steam they could lose millions. If a court rules in favor of VU they could gain much of it back.

The vast majority of players are going to buy the retail box. If 1 in 10 purchasers opts to buy via steam I'd be surprised (although a staggered retail release would defintely tip the balance).

Even if the court ruled in favour of Vivendi, the most that would happen is that they would be entitled to % share of the steam profits to the point of the profitability they would make per unit sold. So if they make $5 per retail unit, then valve would have to
pay them that accordingly. It would be probable that this would only be for a set period also, whilst the game was still selling at full price. The present agreement would most likely be adjusted accordingly, rather than reneged wholly. The rights to the IP really have no bearing on the actual points under discussion, so there is no reason for those to necessarily be transferred as part of any settlement, especially if Vivendi want Valve to continue to develop games for them.

this is bs, i have a feeling that they are going to hold it... hl2 is being ruined by stupid stuff (hackers, vivendi, delays)

-merc

If they delay this game i can just imagine a swarm of angry gamers raiding the VUG HQ, i hope to join them. :D

ya i have seen the CA headquarters one time... its in la i think we were driving by and i saw this huge building that said vivendi universal... i was like omg thats vivendi right there!!!! but now i hate em

-merc

Back