7-11 = racist

Tax your unicellar mind for a second and see whether there's any difference between insults aimed at a white person in a white country and a 0.67% of the population minority in a white country.

Theres no difference and you've displayed the real reason that your pissed off by saying that. You don't find Apu offensive your just one of those people who belong to a minority and believe that because of that everyone is out to get you. No one cares about you, no one cares enough about your existence to even consider being out to get you. If you want to be insecure fine but don't push your twisted views onto others or their childhood cartoons.

I'm starting to think that bobsil is posting as a joke and he's about to say "tricked you" and laughs will be had by all, because who could honestly believe the stuff he's saying????

Lol.

You shouldn't really care. If some ****er comes up to you and says "hey slit-eyed gook/nigg*r/uh....hadji/whatever(sorry for lack of knowledge about racial terms) you should smile politely and bash the ****er with your baton. Or spray him with mace, whatever suits you.

I seem to have digressed from the topic....... :p

so you favour commiting a crime in response to what someone has said? now who's being disobedient, Numbers? that's not exactly being a good citizen ...you should remind them of their patriotic duty to foster goodwill towards the citizens of your glorious nation. failing that you should offer up your cheek or your buttock daring him to strike you, as an example of what true patriotic obedience to the state looks like ...lead by example, it is your civic duty

now drop and give me 100 pushups for even considering being disobedient to the state

so you favour commiting a crime in response to what someone has said? now who's being disobedient, Numbers? that's not exactly being a good citizen ...you should remind them of their patriotic duty to foster goodwill towards the citizens of your glorious nation. failing that you should offer up your cheek or your buttock daring him to strike you, as an example of what true patriotic obedience to the state looks like ...lead by example, it is your civic duty

Hey, it should be a crime to make racist comments.

But your logic profoundly stirs me. :p

now drop and give me 100 pushups for even considering being disobedient to the state

SIR YES SIR!

This thread is really giving me a good idea of the differences in racism between regions.

Seriously. I mean, remember that fiasco when Sony introduced the white PSP with that controversial ad? Most of the Americans were like "holy f*ck, racism ftl", while most Brits were like "eh, it's not really racist." At the time, I thought the Brits were just less sensitive towards political correctness, which made me like them. But now, the situation is reversed, and it's dawned on me that it only has to do with what strife occurred in what country.

I mean, Britain has a very large Indian population, and (from what I've gathered) there's a great deal of resentment towards it from the more racist citizens. Here in America, we have very little strife whatsoever regarding Indian immigrants, so it's just not an issue.

So I guess racism is localized. Neat.

The problem isn't that Apu exists, but that the stereotype will now be spread and celebrated in the real world.

Insofar as I like to shop at a store which greets me by mocking my race, sure.
Why in the hell would you shop there then?

When I go to a Chinese restaurant downtown, and the people who work there are speaking Chinese, how is that a stereotype? It's real people, with real cultures. It seems to me that you are ashamed, and I'm sorry, but everyone has to be something, we don't get to pick.

What do you think everyone posting here is a white guy? We all have had to deal with racism, stereotypes, and an identity crisis at least a million times in our lives.

I don't know, I was in 7-11 many times, and thats they way they talked. I thought the resemblance to the way Abu talks is uncanny.

BTW, they aren't forcing anyone to wear the stuff and talk like that are they? Well, you can always tell them to stick the job up their ass, and quit.

Better yet, legally organize in a 'peaceful' manner to protest it, complete with huge picket signs and 6'oclock news coverage.

I don't know whether that is helpful or not, but I don't have anymore time; I have to go to work. I have to do the jobs Americans don't want to do. :hmph:

Apu was given a backstory only because the team realized over time how this crude Apu was and how it would play now that there actually are a couple million Indians in the U.S.
I don't know about all that.

I would call it coincidental racism.

I don't think the company's heads sat down together and thought "oh hey since most of our 7-11 workers are indian, lets make them dress like apu from the simpsons... hell lets make all our stores look like the simpsons store."

Hey, it should be a crime to make racist comments.

Numbers it continues to surprise me how much catching up you have to do in our freedom lessons.

no room for freedom of speech in your world?

No room for racial hate in my perfect, utopian, totalitarian police state of a world.

lol I gave Numbers a woody ....umm now I'm officially disturbed

Eh? Why must you barbarians..... .:p

WAIT! no I mean weight

/me puts 2 x 50lb sack of potatoes on Numberessess back

now drop and give me a 100 pushups :E

One! Two! Three!

*time passes*

One Hundred!

Complete, Sir!

This thread is really giving me a good idea of the differences in racism between regions.

Seriously. I mean, remember that fiasco when Sony introduced the white PSP with that controversial ad? Most of the Americans were like "holy f*ck, racism ftl", while most Brits were like "eh, it's not really racist." At the time, I thought the Brits were just less sensitive towards political correctness, which made me like them. But now, the situation is reversed, and it's dawned on me that it only has to do with what strife occurred in what country.

I mean, Britain has a very large Indian population, and (from what I've gathered) there's a great deal of resentment towards it from the more racist citizens. Here in America, we have very little strife whatsoever regarding Indian immigrants, so it's just not an issue.

So I guess racism is localized. Neat.

And I uh... I learned something today.. until today I uhhh thought dogs.. laid eggs. I kept thinking of that episode of family guy while reading your post. Was a good read by the way, racism (and sensitivity towards it) really is localized depending on history.

Racism aside I appreciate their welcome to work in such places, Dunkin' Donuts 7-11, maybe even Wawa...Basically you can get lunch for like $5, I don't know but that is pretty sweet!

And when you get sick, they are their in your hospitals...

So basically, they are every where, and heck my tummy will be full and going to be healthy as a monkey(idk)

Lol.

You shouldn't really care. If some ****er comes up to you and says "hey slit-eyed gook/nigg*r/uh....hadji/whatever(sorry for lack of knowledge about racial terms) you should smile politely and bash the ****er with your baton. Or spray him with mace, whatever suits you.

I seem to have digressed from the topic....... :p

Yes I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to get into a fight with someone twice your size because he called you something racist.

I find this marketing ploy extremely humorous! I hope to see more of such innovation and humor.. Perhaps my opinion is tainted by my love of The Simpsons but so be it. ;)

Yes I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to get into a fight with someone twice your size because he called you something racist.
If you're a member of a minority, chances are you're carrying a knife/.9mm, of course you wouldn't hesitate to start a fight with somebody who's twice your size.

Is it just me or is bobsil saying that it's OK to mock the majority but it isn't to mock a minority? That sounds pretty damn racist to me.

If you're a member of a minority, chances are you're carrying a knife/.9mm, of course you wouldn't hesitate to start a fight with somebody who's twice your size.
I lol'ed.

Also, 7-11 = WHITE SHOE

Back