A.i

bud7miker

Reaction score
i don't actually know what putting the orignal game onto the ne engine would do but do you reckon that the A.I will be improved? if so well i don't know :O people little help? :eek:

Sure, the source engine has it's own AI right? so any ememy in HL:S will be using AI from source, its only logical. The lighting will be source, the poly count should be higher, the textures should be a larger res, objects should react physically...

It's all source! simple stuff.

FreemanHL2 said:
Sure, the source engine has it's own AI right? so any ememy in HL:S will be using AI from source, its only logical. The lighting will be source, the poly count should be higher, the textures should be a larger res, objects should react physically...

Ehh. Actually that's not really the case.

Putting your game on the Source engine doesn't magically upgrade your textures and give you better AI.

Valve would have to program the A.I. for each monster, because, well, each has different behaviors and stuff.

Valve said all they upgraded was the water shininess and the lighting and added in physics. That's it IIRC.

FreemanHL2 said:

dont forget its HL1 !
they wont change ANYTHING like textures, models or so! the only new things will be: ragdoll, shaders, lighting!

errr .. codewise, the AI is part of the entity not the engine :/

but .. valve could easily use HL2 entities for HL1 monsters. (i.e. combine for marines, except the models would have to be redone .. etc)

Back