A Must !

Theman2k

Reaction score
Remember the free SP only copy you get free with 9800 XT card ?
well , good .

I think that someone who want's a better version of HL2 like with MP or the Bonus version could add some money (not full price) with the HL2 ticket in the XT box and get it ...

Like if the SP only will cost 20$ and the Bonus will cost 70$ i will add 50$ or so and i will get the bonus version instead the SP only ....

I think it will be a good thing to do ...

No i mean there is a pack for only SP of HL2 . another of SP+MP+MODS , and another with everything and the second but in DVD and bonus stuff ...

HL2 will sell like that .

yeah, you can also pay 9.99 a month and get access to ALL steam content including all HL, Hl2, Extra content, and any mod or anything. I think its pretty stupid. Personally im just going to get the singleplayer/multiplayer from the store.

Originally posted by Theman2k
No i mean there is a pack for only SP of HL2 . another of SP+MP+MODS , and another with everything and the second but in DVD and bonus stuff ...

But the full one comes with the XT... ?

Yes the full game comes with the XT but it will be a Single player only !!!

When you speak to people in every day life do you notice their eyes glazing over before they shrug and walk away?

Yes, but you said:

Remember the free SP only copy you get free with 9800 XT card ?

... and we're saying that you actually get the full version (SP+MP+MODS) with the card.

Re: Re: A Must !

Originally posted by Brian Damage
Yes, but you said:

... and we're saying that you actually get the full version (SP+MP+MODS) with the card.

Oh .

OK

Not so fast!!!!! :bounce:

Here is a picture of the fabled HL2 coupon. It doesn't say you get multiplayer, it says you get the "full version" , which could mean the full version of the single player only edition as opposed to like a demo with a couple of levels.

Go to the ATI web site on the coupon:

http://www.ati.com/online/hl2

There is no mention of multiplayer, its all very vague. If you want to trust Valve to give you multiplayer, go ahead..... :cheese:

Don't count your chickens till their hatched!!!!

Attachments

• hl2_coup.jpg
    hl2_coup.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 358
Yes I saw the card up at Best Buy, it says it comes with the SP & MP version of the game.

Originally posted by Kschreck
Yes I saw the card up at Best Buy, it says it comes with the SP & MP version of the game.

And you trust Best Buy!!!!! Do you know how many "errors" I find in their weekly flyers...... lol :x

Here is the fabled Best Buy display ad for your viewing pleasure attached. I don't think they have a clue, check the ATI website and the coupon, Best Buy just wants to sell you a video card. A couple of years from now when HL2 is actually released the truth about the coupon will be known :eek:

Attachments

• bestbuy_hl2.jpg
    bestbuy_hl2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 376
Yeah but I also read that the XT cards come with the SP & MP version of Half-Life 2.

Yea i got my free hl2 coupon in my hand and all it says is you get the full version of Valves HL2. I bought my card at best buy and it said it would arrive with single and multiplayer versions. So if it doesnt i plan to sue. :cheese:

"full version" means exactly that...that it's full version with everything both singleplayer and multiplayer. they would never refer to the SP-version as a full version....what would they call the SP+MP then eh? "the even more full version"?

this is insane. fearmongering. it is the full version, it says so on the coupon i'm holding in my hands right now. this is the last thing we need to worry about. please close this thread. it's making me nervous.

Originally posted by Kschreck
Yeah but I also read that the XT cards come with the SP & MP version of Half-Life 2.

So you read something that was written... But where did that information come from???? Just another person/news article/website making an assumption which may or may not be true. :bounce:

Here some detailed information about the HL2 offer, straight from ATI (don't take Best Buys word for it as they are only selling the vid card):

http://www.ati.com/gitg/promotions/hl2offer/faq.html

The word "multiplayer" is not mentioned anywhere on the page. It would surprise me at all it Valve has a special "upgrade" offer for coupon holders (to add MP) when they go to redeem it in a couple of years (assuming you can still remember where you put your coupon :cheese: )

Originally posted by Keeson
And you trust Best Buy!!!!! Do you know how many "errors" I find in their weekly flyers...... lol :x

Here is the fabled Best Buy display ad for your viewing pleasure attached. I don't think they have a clue, check the ATI website and the coupon, Best Buy just wants to sell you a video card. A couple of years from now when HL2 is actually released the truth about the coupon will be known :eek:

Hmm, I find it funny about that pic you posted. The exp. date is 1/24/04 (Even though HL2 is scheduled for 4/xx/04, tentative). They better hope it comes out by then, otherwise there will be alot of angry people with unless coupons in their hands.

Originally posted by Sn7
Hmm, I find it funny about that pic you posted. The exp. date is 1/24/04 (Even though HL2 is scheduled for 4/xx/04, tentative). They better hope it comes out by then, otherwise there will be alot of angry people with unless coupons in their hands.

I believe that 1/24/04 may be the end of the ATI offer (i.e. they will stop shipping boxes with HL2 coupons in them). If you buy a card before that date you should get a coupon.

If you hold a coupon you will of course be able to cash it in eventually, it won't expire on 1/24/04.

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
"full version" means exactly that...that it's full version with everything both singleplayer and multiplayer. they would never refer to the SP-version as a full version....what would they call the SP+MP then eh? "the even more full version"?

When the original HL came out there was a video card pack in offer as well.

Some video cards shipped with a HL1 version which contained about 1/4 of the game (I think is was called "HL: Day One" or something like that). This was not a full version. "Full" could mean a full version of the single player cd as opposed to a demo containing only some of the levels. A lot of graphics cards ship with "demos" and some with "full" versions of the games. You could interpret "full" to mean the full single player game only in this case.

In any event I don't see the word "multiplayer" mentioned anywhere with relation to this offer on the ATI web site:

Originally posted by Shuzer
Keeson, please direct your attention to this picture, it's the actual coupon

Ummmmm.... Shuzer look at my first post in this thread... at the bottom there is an attachment (the HL2 coupon) also see further down where I attach the Best Buy store ad....

We need clarification from Valve as to what will happen when people redeem... (of course they haven't been too talkative lately)

Ummmmm.... Shuzer look at my first post in this thread... at the bottom there is an attachment (the HL2 coupon) also see further down where I attach the Best Buy store ad....

We need clarification from Valve as to what will happen when people redeem... (of course they haven't been too talkative lately)

Well, admittedly I didn't read through the entire thread, but you kept saying it said no where that you'd get the full version, my bad

Edit: went back and read the whole thread, I see what you're saying now, sorry

Originally posted by Shuzer
Well, admittedly I didn't read through the entire thread, but you kept saying it said no where that you'd get the full version, my bad

Edit: went back and read the whole thread, I see what you're saying now, sorry

Thats ok Shuzer, I saved you image to my harddrive to add to my collection. Thanks for posting it.

Just to clarify, according to the ATI website and the HL2 coupon itself, people will receive the "full" version of HL2.

My Claims: :bounce:

1) I claim that people will receive *at least* the full single player HL2 game as far as the ATI HL2 coupon offer is concerned.

2) I also claim further, that I have seen no mention of the word "multiplayer" on ATI's website, so I am unsure as to whether multplayer is included in the offer until I have further official clarification (Best Buy does not count as official)

Please remember that Valve controls all through Steam, they are the only one that know if the coupon key is a SP/MP key or a SP only key.

Only time will tell. I am just going to get the Collectors Edition Box Set if the game is any good.

When the original HL came out there was a video card pack in offer as well.

Some video cards shipped with a HL1 version which contained about 1/4 of the game (I think is was called "HL: Day One" or something like that). This was not a full version. "Full" could mean a full version of the single player cd as opposed to a demo containing only some of the levels. A lot of graphics cards ship with "demos" and some with "full" versions of the games. You could interpret "full" to mean the full single player game only in this case.

In any event I don't see the word "multiplayer" mentioned anywhere with relation to this offer on the ATI web site:

trust me they won't refer to the SP-only version as the full version! that would just be plain stupid, since it is not the full version. when you refer to something as a full version it's the standard game you're refering to. the HL2 sp+mp IS the standard version!

let me clear this up...a lot of people seems to get this wrong when they start moaning about having to pay ekstra for mp :rolleyes:

Halflife2 single player only= budget version/ singleplayer only-vers.-> cheaper price

Halflife2 single player and multiplayer= Standard version/ full version.-> standard price for a new game release(note, you're not paying any extra for the multiplayer compared with other games)

Hallife2 collectors edition= collectors edition(full version + extras)-> cost extra(not defined yet) for the aditional content.

4-6 weeks?! Youll probably die from waiting by then.

Who would want the 9800 XT for HL2? You have to wait 4-6 weeks.

Yea, buy a new card with a free coup, then go and buy hl2 in the shops

then sell the coupon on ebay or something :bounce:

its FULL version. tho people without common sense will try and say "Oh well is doesn't say the MP is included" well why would they list MP on the coupon when its the full version meaning they expect people to know what a full version is. SP + MP = Full Version. if it didn't come with a MP why would the coupon have a CD-Key? all they would need to do is borrow a CD key from a friend then download HL2 threw steam or just send in the coupon to ATI and have them send back the game.

Originally posted by Iconoclast
When you speak to people in every day life do you notice their eyes glazing over before they shrug and walk away?

Dude that is the funniest thing I've read on this forum!! :cheese: :D

Here's my opinion...

I think the full game, MP included will ship with the coupon.. The coupon says "Full version," yeah, sure it doesnt say MP included but it also doesnt say "full version + level 1 + level 2 + level3...." it's just a given that full version means everything included.

If you want 'clarification' why not just email ATI customer services, I'm quite sure they will have an accurate answer to the question.

that just about clears up this topic

Back