A question about the dead bodies

Silent_night

Reaction score
when there is a dead body on the ground can u shoot it more and it will react like a bullet hit it , (same as far cry)

Silent_night said:
when there is a dead body on the ground can u shoot it more and it will react like a bullet hit it , (same as far cry)

yea and very real

if its the same as those legs tied to the tree in the e3 vidoe then yea

dead bodies will most likely disappear unless tagged (remember, valve will be cutting corners to appeal to low-end systems)

Reaperman said:
dead bodies will most likely disappear unless tagged (remember, valve will be cutting corners to appeal to low-end systems)

Rawr , Valve is making the engine scalable , not low budget. It would be an option if anything.

dead bodies will most likely disappear unless tagged

I doubt they'll disappear right away, maybe if you leave the immediate area or after 5 min. which is just enough time to play with em :)

no, but if they are not tagged then you can't use them for maniuplator ammo, the non-tagged bodies mostlikely react to stimuli untill they dissapear, i see no reason for them not to. what they might do instead of dying they could gib out like the antlions do.

Impulse147 said:
I doubt they'll disappear right away, maybe if you leave the immediate area or after 5 min. which is just enough time to play with em :)

You guys oughta get a job at the morgue :rolling:

Gah doesn't anybody map? Unless Hammer is drastically different from HL1, the bodies will not disappear until you check that flag in the monster's properties. The only reason most games have disappearing bodies is a) content control and b) poly count. Human bodies shouldn't disappear (and from what I've seen they won't gib either) in HL2, because you probably won't be fighting more than 10 at a time, so there won't be much lag. Ant Lions, however, since there are so many (watch the vid), gib easily (gibs = less polies), as opposed to being indestructible ragdolls.

Imagine, a combination of soldier of fortune gibbing, with hl2 graphics & phsyics. Heaven.

shuurajou said:
Imagine, a combination of soldier of fortune gibbing, with hl2 graphics & phsyics. Heaven.

They will make mods like that. Don't worry, you can do anything with Half-life 2.

dream431ca said:
They will make mods like that. Don't worry, you can do anything with Half-life 2.

You can do anything, with half life 2! :thumbs:

You will definitely be able to set the time it takes for dead bodies to disappear. Come on, now...

theres an email on this subject in the info from valve only thread, too lazy to look for it though :)

You can Even kill lots of Forum people with 1 grenade while they all hang onto the da*n bandwagon. Is Gonna be fun. :farmer:

but how long untill the dead bodies dissapear?

Mac said:
theres an email on this subject in the info from valve only thread, too lazy to look for it though :)

There's an e-mail for every subject in that thread, including the meaning of life and a solution to male-pattern baldness, but i'll be damned if i'm going looking in there!

I imagine the bodies will react distinctly better than the bodies in far cry, if the physics live up to the hype.

Far cry has some dodgy physics relating to dead bodies and no physics at all for the weapons they were holding, which just float several inches off the ground.

And then there's always the console commands. I've set bodies in DoD to last 30 seconds, forgot the command though :p

Raziaar said:
You guys oughta get a job at the morgue :rolling:
I think that's the last place they ought to be...
shuurajou said:
Point in case...

Back