A Serious Discussion About Drugs And Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Morris is the biggest cigarette producer/manufacturer of the world: it owns Camel, Malboro, etc... almost everything.

Originally posted by richpull
I got news for pat, everyone does drugs.
puh...leaze. You are comparing taking an illegal drug (marijuana) to PRESCRIBED medication. And many prescribed and OTC medications can become addictive. If your doctor prescribes pot as a pain killer fine. Now ask yourself--what pain are you trying to kill when you smoke "recreationally". The pain of being in your house alone, the pain of being alive, the pain of being out with your friends partying.

As far as side effects pot has tar and some of the same crap as cigarattes. People say pot is "natural" so it is safe. A lot of poisons are gotten from nature. Tobacco is a plant. Natural doesn't mean safe--even though marketers have convine the public that they are synonmous based on nothing.

People smoke, drink, get high to be cool, to be like their friends who "talk" about these things. The biggest lie is that "everybody does it". WHen you do these things you surround yourself with others that do them as well. When you don't, you can't be bothered with people that do.

It would be nice to think that people could have one drink and not be affected and just stop, but the reality is too many people don't stop.

At the end of a hard day of work, people should be going to a hot party at night with loads of hot girls dancing, some bud going around, and everyone with a drink in their hand, screw the neighbors crank that stereo, everything sounds better loud.
"screw the neighbors" - beautifully expressed mind-set... screw anyone and anything that isn't us... we need our addictions. That is the mantra of every addict. For every responsible drinker/addict at that party there are probably three stinking drunk or high. They are having such a good time--that they drink to be unconscious or unable to remember the "good times". If you are having so much fun why would you want to forget everything or pass out?

Originally posted by Tr0n
Well not in my book it isn't.I say screw who ever says that bullshit.I looked it up on msn dictionary and it says weed is a herb and a drug.So were both right.Oh yea what about paint?Is huffing paint considered a drug?

right on
to tell the truth...sleeping deprevation affects my nervous system it makes me twitch..... same with chruch... church has to be the gateway drug if anythign now, almost everyone here has gone to church b4 doing any form of drug
you guys are evil! church is the drug! it affects and corrupts your mind! you are all sheeeeeeeeeep. stop the evil drug
ahhhhhhhh

o_O

Originally posted by RoyalEF
puh...leaze. You are comparing taking an illegal drug (marijuana) to PRESCRIBED medication. And many prescribed and OTC medications can become addictive. If your doctor prescribes pot as a pain killer fine. Now ask yourself--what pain are you trying to kill when you smoke "recreationally". The pain of being in your house alone, the pain of being alive, the pain of being out with your friends partying.

As far as side effects pot has tar and some of the same crap as cigarattes. People say pot is "natural" so it is safe. A lot of poisons are gotten from nature. Tobacco is a plant. Natural doesn't mean safe--even though marketers have convine the public that they are synonmous based on nothing.

People smoke, drink, get high to be cool, to be like their friends who "talk" about these things. The biggest lie is that "everybody does it". WHen you do these things you surround yourself with others that do them as well. When you don't, you can't be bothered with people that do.

It would be nice to think that people could have one drink and not be affected and just stop, but the reality is too many people don't stop.

"screw the neighbors" - beautifully expressed mind-set... screw anyone and anything that isn't us... we need our addictions. That is the mantra of every addict. For every responsible drinker/addict at that party there are probably three stinking drunk or high. They are having such a good time--that they drink to be unconscious or unable to remember the "good times". If you are having so much fun why would you want to forget everything or pass out?

Lol, well thats the problem and why i dont think most of the world should be doing drugs, we have a self-control problem, i drank to the point of drunkeness (wasted) once and i remembered everythign about it.. havent been drunk in a year.. i smoked pot a few times, havent done it in a year...all easy to quit... but thats me. i had the will power, alot dont.
Like i knew better than to drive while stoned, in face i didnt even want to stand up, i knew better than to drive while drunk, had a sober friend take me home, or i would have had my mom pick me up.
Naturaly tobacco isnt as bad, not all the added shit, some indian tribes smoke natural tobacco and the way they use it, they arent addicted, its about us as a losing society
As for smoking pot recreationalyl , its what i did, and i would never take it back, i became a whole new person, i gave up my religion (yes thats a good thing), i started writing poetry. and i just became a very nice person in general, i used to be a cocky shit :-P
plus wait for half life 2 if you want a drug :-P

Well Owskie you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make you an authority.

Thread closed... this is going no-where. People swapping drug tips... sorry, but we can't have that on a public site :(

Okie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back