A speedhacker tale....speedhacking is alive and well in CSS

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
This morning when I was playing CS everything was clear, then all of a sudden, I see an extremely fast moving figure come up and knife me! I go into spectator and watch as he knifes 5 other players while moving at an unbelivable speed (he got killed at the end of the round though). There was no admin there so he was free to do what he wanted. Then this guy named "Riddick" inputs some console command and shows his steam accnt, and I think he said he was going to give it to valve. Then the guy got scared and left the server.

Anyway, WHEN IS VAC 2 COMING OUT!?!?!?!?!!!!

I hope there will be a chicken on italy. Then it can be the VAC2 bodyguard. You'd have to ask the chicken to come onto the server. You'd have to tip the chicken on your way out. And if you'd act like an idiot, the chicken would kick you in the eggs.

Chickens can be cool sometimes.

I ran into a speedhacker a couple weeks ago. He literally started running circles around me. And then his friend shot me in the head while I was distracted.

Could have taken both of them if he hadn't been hacking. :smoking:

Element Alpha said:
I hope there will be a chicken on italy. Then it can be the VAC2 bodyguard. You'd have to ask the chicken to come onto the server. You'd have to tip the chicken on your way out. And if you'd act like an idiot, the chicken would kick you in the eggs.

Chickens can be cool sometimes.

better yet
"PREPARE TO GeT PWNZ0r3D BY TEH BANANAh!!!!!11"

...im sure there was a thread (a whole lot of threads) about this already. no need to make a new topic =p

There's a regular speedhacker on a local server near me (one of my ISP's servers actually) called "TheProphetMuhammad" or something, who spams a message (all caps, includes 'PRAISE ALLAH' type phrases) before speedhacking. I've bumped into him numerous times. If anyone knows the console commands to get someone's steam account info, I'd rather like to get him banned.

I believe you just type "status" without the " in the console and it'll give you everyones steam id.

Logic said:
There's a regular speedhacker on a local server near me (one of my ISP's servers actually) called "TheProphetMuhammad" or something, who spams a message (all caps, includes 'PRAISE ALLAH' type phrases) before speedhacking. I've bumped into him numerous times. If anyone knows the console commands to get someone's steam account info, I'd rather like to get him banned.

I know of him, but didn't know that he hacked. I only knew he did things like spam random things in chat. Is this on the GA servers? I mostly play on Internode. Annoying nonetheless.

/status gives you the STEAMID of all the players

Valve isn't going to ban somebodies Steam account without proof... In fact, I don't think there has been a ban relating to hacking in CS:S, and I doubt there will be until VAC2 is implemented. I have recorded some of the obvious hacks like speedhack onto a video, and they won't ban because of "liability" issues, they have to have rock hard proof, which apparantly only VAC2 will give them...

Valve won't ban no matter what you give them. Only thing valve accepts are VAC bans, and the rarely ever let someone off one of those.
ISP's etc may accept demo's though- check their gaming websites for details.

I've only ever seen one speedhacker, and I never caught them in the act, they just were in places they couldn't possibly have gotten to in time.

On a different note, I once cried "Praise Allah" once after planting the bomb. I lived with one hp when it went off.... with me standing on it. :eek:

i was unaware that there were even aimbots for CS:S... people accuse me all the time of aimbotting, but, I guess when you go 98 - 12 in a pub, people accuse you quite a bit ;).

Mo' Justice said:
I know of him, but didn't know that he hacked. I only knew he did things like spam random things in chat. Is this on the GA servers? I mostly play on Internode. Annoying nonetheless.
I think I've only (or at least mostly) seen him hack on the ihug servers. I generally play on internode too, though my ping is lower on the ihug servers (they're my ISP) so I play there occasionally.

Valve might not start banning people yet, but if someone hacks regularly on certain servers they can at least be banned from those servers. I can't wait for VAC to be implemented though :)

theres a really easy way to deal with hackers but only do this if you absolutely know they are doing it, type (like previously mentioned) "status" into console get his steam idea, copy the whole thing to clipboard then "say" and "VAC2 identified --whateverthehackis-- on player (paste his details here) banning, worldwide, now.

did this yesterday to a whole bunch of my g0t'ers lmao they left so so fast.

Logic said:
There's a regular speedhacker on a local server near me (one of my ISP's servers actually) called "TheProphetMuhammad" or something, who spams a message (all caps, includes 'PRAISE ALLAH' type phrases) before speedhacking.

ROFL - Apologies.. I know cheating is a serious issue - but that tickled me quite hard :]

Earl Danish said:
ROFL - Apologies.. I know cheating is a serious issue - but that tickled me quite hard :]
It was rather funny at first :cheese: , but once that's worn off, people get sick of being carved up right after spawning, and the server becomes unplayable. It's a waste of everyone's time, and of a perfectly good server (which costs the ISP money), just because some kid needs to feel special by ruining the fun of others.

Because of the EULA, cheating is actually illegal, and as far as I'm concerned, anyone who does it has no right to play the game at all. I'm looking forward to VAC2, and seeing some bans. :thumbs:

you guys are a bunch of idiots - there not speed hacking!
The players will move really fast after a lag spike, so when the connection slows for a couple seconds the client can still move around, then the data gets sent to the server and it "catches up" on all the clients waiting for info on the lagged client. This is an alternative to the old-school "jumping" when lag spikes hit.

What so constantly moving at 20x every round is lag?

bring on VAC - then ppl can have a choice whether or not to accept such skullduggery.

Back