Adrian?

Samon said:
15357 you are going to be detained for violation against your commanding officer. And for being witness to the Munro incident :frown:

Are you gonna demote me to Captain, Sir?

You can't even spell his name correctly and accuse him of sucking?

I deliberately spelled his name wrong to insult him more. which I shouldn't have beeen doing since hes my superior...

15357 said:
Are you gonna demote me to Captain, Sir?

Quite so. You will treat me with respect, and honour my every post. Hopefully you'll redeem yourself soon, Captain

Back on topic. And Max35, you mentioned VALVe could've used Adrian as a playable character in HL2? If that's the point then no. It'd totally suck, because he doesn't fit in the frigging Half-Life 2 storyline. And Gordon's the main hero, Adrian would be like Gordon's sissy maid or a funny always screwing up sidekick. He's an EP character, he stays in EPs.

Barney Calhoun was an EP character, made by Gearbox. There really is no reasoning saying Adrian CAN'T appear in HL3, it would take a lot of grunt work on Valve's part (legally and otherwise). Although I agree he would fit better in an expansion. And would it be so melancholy for him to be in HL3?, jeez. He doesn't have to be Gordon's "screwing up sidekick", just a random, quick encounter maybe, right before he plummets to his death. See, now everybody wins.

Edit: And I said Adrian should be in HL3, not HL2.

Max35 said:
Barney Calhoun was an EP character, made by Gearbox. There really is no reasoning saying Adrian CAN'T appear in HL3, it would take a lot of grunt work on Valve's part (legally and otherwise). Although I agree he would fit better in an expansion. And would it be so melancholy for him to be in HL3?, jeez. He doesn't have to be Gordon's "screwing up sidekick", just a random, quick encounter maybe, right before he plummets to his death. See, now everybody wins.

Edit: And I said Adrian should be in HL3, not HL2.

Does it say Calhoun in HL2? Is Calhoun in the Hl2 script? No, it isn't. It is simply "Barney" which is what everyone called the hl security guards. I think most people refer to him as Calhoun simply because they have indeed played Blue shift.

Sorry to break your pwnyness, but in HL3 they could include Adrian. They wouldn't say Shephard. Adrian. One of the grunts who was involved in Black Mesa. :p

P.S. I'm Anti Adrian Shephard.

iMMuNiTy said:
Sorry to break your pwnyness, but in HL3 they could include Adrian. They wouldn't say Shephard. Adrian. One of the grunts who was involved in Black Mesa. :p

P.S. I'm Anti Adrian Shephard.

Of course they could, but that is besides the point. All of the security guards in hl were called Barneys, so it could be any one of them. Were all the military in hl called Adrians? I think not.

Polaris: Yes, I suppose he did. That means he found it suitable, that does not mean he wants to continue their ideas.

Yes but there could be one. You got separated in the beginning in Op4, did you not? Perhaps one of them had the same name as Adrian. You didn't know ALL of their names.

iMMuNiTy said:
Yes but there could be one. You got separated in the beginning in Op4, did you not? Perhaps one of them had the same name as Adrian. You didn't know ALL of their names.

Now your getting silly, because you know I'm right :p

Adrian Shepard was the character you played and ultimatley, if Valve brought him back, and put "Adrian" in the script, people was naturally think- "The guy I played in Opposing force!"

Yes, alot of people could think this about Barney - but all security guards were referred to as Barney's and since Calhoun is not in the script... All military personal are not referred to as Adrian, and, it would be foolish for Valve to put in another character called "Adrian" who was also a marine in Balck Mesa, but NOT be the Adrian you played in Opposing force. Flawed logic there Immunity.

The laws of lisence don't operate on thoughts.

"You used our Adrian Shephard (TM)!" - Gearbox.

"STFU, n00bs, we thought up Adrian, he's a grunt who miraculously survived BMRF" - Valve.

iMMuNiTy said:
The laws of lisence don't operate on thoughts.

"You used our Adrian Shephard (TM)!" - Gearbox.

"STFU, n00bs, we thought up Adrian, he's a grunt who miraculously survived BMRF" - Valve.

But they would not do that. The fans would be pissed, Valve would be a laughing stock and Gearbox would be shaking their heads for several reasons. Its foolish to think Valve would do that, and therefore does not constitute as a valid argument. :p

VALVe has a mind of their own. It'd be ridiculous to begin guessing what or who would they implement into their games. Your guess is as good as mine. G-Man=VALVe. Gordon=All HL Players.

Maybe we'll see Adrian, maybe not. You never know. This quarrel will solve nothing. And no-one will be right either. Get over it, Samon. :) For once. :)

They could include Adrian, its not out of the question. And it would make sense to think it was Calhoun, he was the only security proven to escape BMRF. Is it conclusive, no, but thats besides the point.

The bottom line: they could include him, there is really nothing stopping Valve from doing it. Get over it.

Ok, true, nobody knows what Valve would do - but realisticly, I can't see them doing what you believe they may or may not do.

And yes, I do think of Barney as the Barney I played in Blue shift. But I brought up the Barney argument for the sake of it being semi true. :p

Polaris said:
It looks like Samon have new apprentice (iMMuNiTy) :rolleyes:
Yeah, I learn fast, don't I?

Here's a tip to sucess: Be stubborn to the end, even if you're wrong. But try to convince that your mistake is truth, and the path to pwnage is open.

Samon said:
Ok, true, nobody knows what Valve would do - but realisticly, I can't see them doing what you believe they may or may not do.

Well, yeah in all fairness they probably won't. I just like to argue:rolling:

Polaris my good friend, I hope your going to stick around :p

Quite so Max, arguing is quite fun.

iMMuNiTy said:
Yeah, I learn fast, don't I?

Here's a tip to sucess: Be stubborn to the end, even if you're wrong. But try to convince that your mistake is truth, and the path to pwnage is open.
Yes, really fast! You are hopeful member and HL fan! Are you play all Half-lifes ?

I don't beleive he has played Opposing Force. Or Blue shift for that matter.

Samon said:
I don't beleive he has played Opposing Force. Or Blue shift for that matter.
Its pity. I belive all HL fans should play all expansions (but its really difficult play Decay without PS2) :(

Decay...decay was quite entertaining. The most difficult final level ever, however.

Samon said:
Decay...decay was quite entertaining. The most difficult final level ever, however.
I like this first level in anti-mass spectrometer and level in destroyed Hazard Course.

-Polaris over and out

Back