After 5 long years I did it!!

if you get caught selling your account what happens?? i have a lvl 80 mage with shit gear

b432afa42d8ad30d9c5fe85e68b2e265.jpg

:D

but seriously i'll never go back

The person buying your account has more to worry about. Blizzard is unlikely to find out until it's actually sold...and even then...

It's hard for Blizzard to prove it's been sold / is in the process of being sold, and even if they do find out, how they can they prove the individual who owns the account was the one selling it? They might have been hacked. If the person selling the account provides the email attached to the account, the email could have been hacked too.

All in all, you're pretty much never caught as long as you're willing to call Blizzard, lie, and provide identification, such as drivers license.

I cancelled my WoW account a few weeks ago. I cancelled it because I never really wanted to play it...I always played on my favorite TF2 server instead.

And playing wow once a week for an hour isn't worth 15$ a month.

I played WoW, quit, and sold my account twice. If you sell them to buying companies it's a lot faster and safer than selling them on your own, but you make a fraction of what you would selling them to an individual.

The account I most recently stopped playing (I called it a hiatus), I plan on keeping the account and returning when the expansion comes out at the latest. I might do so before that so I can actually be prepared for it instead of just joining in. I always seem to stop playing just before an expansion comes around.. then when I come back I'm years behind and everyone makes fun of me.

I have an active account and play probably about an hour to two hours a week and am able to maintain good grades, a social life and a girlfriend so sometimes I wonder what all the fuss is about. It's worth the fees to me because I can afford them and I enjoy doing a 5-man group occasionally and talking to old guild mates.

everyone just perked my interest in selling my account. whats the average price of an account??

AccountCancelled.jpg

I finally did it! After playing for 5 or so years I finally Quit WoW! I feel like I can really do it this time too. With my longer work week and massive stack of unfinished games, I can finally say i have a real excuse to quit the game and enter the real world again. I haven't touched the game in about 3 weeks nor do i want to. So has anyone else kicked the bucket so to speak??

Wow. I got bored of the game after 4 months.

grats I guess. :)

I never played and I'm very proud. Though you were among the offenders, I now invite you to stand by my side!

Do elaborate.

Grinding raids is probably the stupidest fucking thing I ever heard of. You do the same raids that can take anywhere up to 5 hours over and over again for 1 stupid piece of gear that will be outdated in the next big patch then you do it all again. You might as well run around in circles for a few hours every night.

I'm not even itching to go back. playing Dragon Age again and i'm about 11 hrs in and its starting to grow on me. Bayonetta also helps for when I'm ready to fill my ADD quota for the day and COD I play at night with friends when i want to play some multiplayer. WoW just was a giant time hog and if you didn't invest time into it you didn't get your monies worth

Grinding raids is probably the stupidest fucking thing I ever heard of. You do the same raids that can take anywhere up to 5 hours over and over again for 1 stupid piece of gear that will be outdated in the next big patch then you do it all again. You might as well run around in circles for a few hours every night.
See, that's the same way I used to feel, but once I got into the swing of it I was addicted. Then again I've only been raiding in WoW since the latest expansion, which I'm told is much more forgiving than the previous ones, and raids don't really run more than a few hours unless you're really trying to clear new content.

Think of it this way, though: what do you do in your typical RPG? You raid dungeons to get new gear. What happens after that? You use it to do the next dungeon, where it most likely becomes outdated and is replaced. The big difference is you normally don't repeat the same dungeons, doing the same fights over (unless you're playing Diablo :p), but this isn't such a problem for me. Once you have a fight down, assuming you have a decent, regular group, it should only take you one attempt to repeat that fight in future, and it will always yield new items to gear up lesser-equipped members. Furthermore, it's a marker of how well your raid is doing if you can clear the first portion of a dungeon without any wipes/deaths, and in less time than the remainder of the content takes you. It's definitely a cycle, but it's an ever-evolving one, and one I think you need a permanent raid that you're happy with to really appreciate it (which thankfully I do).

On a related note, we just cleared Blood-Queen Lana'thel the first week she was unlocked with half our attempts remaining. :cool:

Edit: Also, since I didn't address this directly - it's not just "1 stupid piece of gear." Bosses typically drop 3 or more at once in WoW, and you'll nearly always have more than a few slots that need upgrades.

See, that's the same way I used to feel, but once I got into the swing of it I was addicted. Then again I've only been raiding in WoW since the latest expansion, which I'm told is much more forgiving than the previous ones, and raids don't really run more than a few hours unless you're really trying to clear new content.

Think of it this way, though: what do you do in your typical RPG? You raid dungeons to get new gear. What happens after that? You use it to do the next dungeon, where it most likely becomes outdated and is replaced. The big difference is you normally don't repeat the same dungeons, doing the same fights over (unless you're playing Diablo :p), but this isn't such a problem for me. Once you have a fight down, assuming you have a decent, regular group, it should only take you one attempt to repeat that fight in future, and it will always yield new items to gear up lesser-equipped members. Furthermore, it's a marker of how well your raid is doing if you can clear the first portion of a dungeon without any wipes/deaths, and in less time than the remainder of the content takes you. It's definitely a cycle, but it's an ever-evolving one, and one I think you need a permanent raid that you're happy with to really appreciate it (which thankfully I do).

On a related note, we just cleared Blood-Queen Lana'thel the first week she was unlocked with half our attempts remaining. :cool:

Edit: Also, since I didn't address this directly - it's not just "1 stupid piece of gear." Bosses typically drop 3 or more at once in WoW, and you'll nearly always have more than a few slots that need upgrades.

Yeah, basically making that argument is making an argument against all RPGs. All RPG elements are basically the same. You build your character, gain new items, fight new enemies. What WoW did was isolate it so that you build your character a lot less, and focus primarily on attaining new gear and being good at what that character does. New enemies in raiding are slow to come, but it still happens. RPGs will always have these properties and bashing them specifically is basically bashing the whole genre. Sure some game execute them better than others, but you'd have to focus on that specifically rather than generalize.

WoW has the element of pvp which is a wholly different dynamic than raiding and by anyone's account, is a much more skill based endeavor than raiding. It also takes less time and, for me, was a lot more fun. That's why I don't play anymore. I was in a raiding guild and the time investment burnt me out. I'll return no doubt when the expansion comes along because I love the story Blizzard has created... but I'm not sure if I can motivate myself to get back in to a four-five hour raid five days a week thing.

Back