Aftermath: Gordon a voice?

You wonna hear Gordon scream?

• Yeah !

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Nah : <

Votes: 139 85.3%

• Total voters
Although I would hate Gordon to have a voice-overs, I reckon the 'no talking' approach didn't work quite as well in HL2 as it did in HL.

In HL, it seemed feasible that Gordon wasn't actually saying anything, and the NPCs just weren't paying enough attention to notice. Most conversations were broken off to quickly for Gordon's silence to be picked up on. But in HL2 there's these great long conversation pieces where Gordon's muteness stands out like a sore thumb IMO. I don't want him to start speaking, but occasionally it feels... odd.

Flyingdebris said:
actually something i'd like to see is not giving gordon a voice, but at least giving him some sort of way to interact in conversations. Like when talking to an npc at certain breaks in the conversations you could choose to give a positive, negative, indifferent, or some other remark. The game wouldn't tell you what you said, you would just know that you said something to agree or disagree with the npc.

Like the conversations in Codename Gordon! :) Pick one of three responses:

:)
:|
:(

exactly. Like if someone turns to ask your opinion you can give it...sort of. If a teammate shoots you, you can give them an angry glare. crap like that

Of course not for Gordon, but if you played as a different character I wouldn't mind it.

CrazyHarij said:
Don't you hear sounds from him whenever you're damaged by fire? It sounds something like "nngh" or "sshhf".

He made those sounds in HL1, when he was killed.

if u could have something like how GTA:SA worked would eb cool i think

boystupid said:
The whole Gordon not speaking emphasises the fact that this is a first person shooter and that you are Gordon.

Just like Gabe Newell said, every single word.................

PS: to someone who answered, I don´t like silent heroes either

Nah. I will just stick with the normal, silent Gordon Freeman.

I think that it would ruin it if he spoke, everyone has there own thoughts on what GF would sound like if he spoke and its most likely that the voice they choose wouldn't be anything like what you imagined and it would ruin the whole image of GF you have had for years.

It'd be cool if you saw through Alyx's eyes the very last part of HL2, where Gman comes out, and right as Gordon is leaving through portal, his head does a 180 and he says in a terminator voice- "I'll be back"

*looks at poll results* ANNOUNCMENT : 30 retarded half life newbs have invaded this thread and are multiplieing at an alarming rate :)

I voted yes before I voted no... *ahem*

Would it really kill the immersion factor if Gordon remained speechless... until the very end, where maybe he answers a question someone like G-man poses of him with a simple "No."? Or do I need my head examined...

if he spoke, there would have to be some other POV or a stupid cutscene to show it. that would be lame to all of a sudden change everything that half life has always been just to show gordon saying a few measly lines that would probably only weaken the plot and water down the action.

SsmitzZ said:
*looks at poll results* ANNOUNCMENT : 30 retarded half life newbs have invaded this thread and are multiplieing at an alarming rate :)

LOL!!!

No.

It's too late for Gordon to speak, that's as lame as Link speaking.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ha! A voice for gordon? pphhh.. very funny..

Jeezz imagine gordon had a voice, if I would had hear his voice I would scream to death and crapping my pants and run away from my computer terror-stricken like a rocket belive me ;)

Back