- Afterwards - A Half-Life RPG: Sign-Ups

-Sorry -
I'm going away ofr the week tommorow, packing as i type, sort of...
Jintor, can you kknock me out or something... i slip and fall off the ladder, that's it, while still holding the grog in my hand, so the combine think i'm a drunk.

Talk later guys.

John's Actions

John wasn't able to stay awake very long before going back to his dilusions.
(Dream)"Sir, should we push forward? Sir, we need to know your the C.O. now!" yelled the marine next to John.
"I... We... we push forward." John ordered
"Yes sir, you heard him push forward!" yelled the marine. The squad pushed foward with John taking point. Suddenly they were fired upon out of nowhere, John went to the ground immediatly. His squad was not as lucky, they were mowed down in no time, John was the only surviver.

John awake to screaming.

oooooo scary, now everyone that actually has access to a computer, REPLY!!!

Sorry I kind of died. Flew back to Adelaide for two and a half weeks, without warning. It was pretty much up and go. We'll I'm back in QLD now. Damn five hours of flying.

You're 2 pages back if you want to continue.

and now i'm back, so i'm fine
after my paking this shall be edited with goodness!

And me i think,i did leave Kintor to make a post for me but...

Stefan's Actions.

His mind was racing, as was his legs. Stefan's feet, one boot with a pulse rifle bore through it, skidded across the dusty ground.
Before his hands even touched the ladder's railing his feet hand reached the second rung.

Inside the 'Sniper Tower' Stefan took a few seconds breathing time. Composed himself. Reached over and picked up the bottle of pre-Combine Vodka.

The rebel was out the Tower before the sniper's hnad could even roll back onto the hard steel floor.

Racing down the ladder in true style and speed, Stefan slipped and fell.

Name:Josh Martin
Race:USA
Occupation (former/current):student/gamer/game developer/bass guitar/lead guitar
Physical Description:slim athletic
History:i was born, i played half-life got addicted, played half-life 2, it had me at "wake up mr freeman" and i hate combines
Abilities/Skills:stealth/stength/speed
Motivations:to kill combines

Oh, great, another one-post nub.

No, no, no no no. Shoo.

synthlord2102 said:
Race: USA
Occupation (former/current):student/gamer/game developer/bass guitar/lead guitar
Physical Description:slim athletic
History:i was born, i played half-life got addicted, played half-life 2, it had me at "wake up mr freeman" and i hate combines
Abilities/Skills:stealth/stength/speed
Motivations:to kill combines

Firstly "USA" isn't a race, American is the one your looking for.
Age, after the 7 hour war the suppression field was put in place, not many childern would be born during the Portal Storms, so 13 is a bad age to put down.
Occupation: This is meant to be a real life type thing. Read some of the other profiles, to get an idea.
History: Meant to be something detailed, but not too much, to show the current GM what to add in plot wise.
Abilities: Yet again a bit too far going.
Motivations: it should be combine, and something about revenge would sound nice.

EDIT: JINTOR! update?

Iam and Kyo are still to play.

Cool
A round without them if they're not replying untill next friday?

So I Guess Jintor is just going to let you die I guess that means the end of the best forum in hl2 net oh well it was good watching you masters while it lasted

i know i'll use my persuasive techniques:

c'mon....c'mon....i'll be your friend...."no"?.... oh your mean

c'mon jintor, pass the torch to whoever bagsied next gm

i think he is waiting for someone...

Ian and Kyo...

i say, time to skip them for a round or two!

*relents*

'Oh my gods.' said Shuan, peering into the toolbox. Surprisingly enough, all the tools needed to repair the APC were there. This was just too coincidental. Konstantin was busy checking over the APC. 'Nothing really wrong with this heap... it's hasn't got too much fuel, but there's enough to get to the nearest... outpost... and we can run it on combine batteries if we're really desperate...'

Shaun grabbed the toolbox and ran to the APC, handing it to Konstantin. 'Get John inside right now,' said Konstantin, 'inside the APC. Best protection, if those squids get though.

A scream rent the night sky. John was awake.

Stefan lay in a pool of some horrible liquid, at the base of the tower. He stared up at the sky.

It was snowing.

The snow landed softly all around him, on him, on his face. He could taste it. He could hear the snarls and cries of the bullsquids all around him, he could see into the sky.

He could feel the bottle lying by him, miraculously unbroken...

He could remember John, screaming in agony...

Shuddering slightly, his ankle twisted by the fall, Stefan stumbled into the night, in the direction of the garage.

'Are you serious?' asked Jeromy. He collapsed onto a chair. Peter nodded. 'There's something we've always wanted to do. We're going to engineer a mass prison breakout.'

'A what?'

'A mass prison breakout.' Peter guestured at a large map on the wall of the tin shack. 'There's a prison a couple of miles from here. Not too hard, mostly full of political prisoners and the oppressed. Couple of our agents in there, although I'm not sure whether they're still our agents. Or human, come to that. We'll need a 6 or 7 man team to get this right.'

'I would have thought that would be easy here. This place is crouded. Everybody who is still free in ireland is here.'

'Well, it does look like that... but not really. Most of the people here, in this valley, are dedicated to protecting those in the valley. Their friends and family. We figure... well, you can always refuse.' Peter paced to the doorway. 'I'll give you a day or two to look around. We're not going to make you do this, Jeromy.'

He paused. 'That would be as bad as the Combine...'

woooo! 'scuse me

Shauns actions

"help me get him" he said running towards john. "he's wriggling too much, we need something to put him out, then one of us could manage him and the other sort out the apc, lets check that toolbox, it's provided so far"

YAY, too tired atm just finished watching 'the last castle' sorta ironic considering the last para of the GM post.

If i catch this post in the edit limit, she'll be here.

EDIT: Here she is:

Stefan's Actions

Like a regular Santa on Christmas Eve, Stefan ran as fast as his sprain would permit, his jacket stained blood red enough to make Santa seem like a dull figure. He ran towards the source of the horrid screams, the bottle firm in his grip.

Jeromy rested in Peter's shack for a couple of days, considering what he had said. During the day he mostly lay around a rather shady tree, watching people walk past. The elderly, families, lovers, all acting as if they were in some average lazy town. Not a valley, highly suceptable to attack from the Combine if not for a few dampers, or raids from packs of bull squids.

The people of Cork city acted as if everything was, perfectly normal, as if the combine didn't exist. They merely went about their business running the various potato farms, playing around the clear areas of grass, or even tending to their pet Houndeye's.

It was during one of these long and arduous sessions of thinking that he finally come to his decision. He approched Peter one evening, out on his tin porch. "So, I've been thinking about what you said before."

"And?" Asked Peter, looking over the valley sipping his beer, which seem permenantly welded to his hand.

"I'm in, just tell me what I have to do."

LA FIN

_________________________________________________________________________________________

(Hows that?)

I got battlefield 2 a couple of weeks ago, may be delayed in replying occasionally.

-D

PS. Don't forget about Mul guys. I'm sure you left him out to the mercy of the Bullsquids ;)

Have fun with that.

becasue we were waiting for you.

Try and tell us before you leave, the GM post is on this page but also 2 pages back i think.

"cover the door while i use this thing" said Ian "Your right more damn combine will be coming soon and we don't want to be here when they arrive"

*is fresh out of ideas*

I'll be over in sydeny till New Years, but i doubt there'll be an update till then, who are we waiting for?

After Shaun and Konstantin had managed to get John in the APC,Konstantin started repairing it. Strangely enough, nearly everything had remained intact, like someone knew they were coming here. All of a sudden the radio in the APC started cracking and a Metrocop started speaking.

Is Kyo dead again? ...when was he last online, I don't remember seeing him around for a while.

Wow... are you guys still playing this?!

*reads a few posts*

Seems like you guys did pretty well for yourselves. Good job.

Just came by to say I'm sorry for leaving you in the dust. Hope you didn't mind too much.

Cool,
Darkest90

John's Actions
All John could do was look up at the face's above. He wondered where he was, he had trouble making out what everyone around him was saying.

Is this still alive?

Hey, since I finally got a computer this Christmas that is compatible with Half-Life 2, I bought the game! Instead of being inspired by looking at fanart, watching movies, and looking over my friend's shoulder, I have got a creative jolt from all things Half-Life 2.

As such, my enthusiasm for a Half-Life 2 is up. Way up.

Is anyone up for a new, more serious, cooler, freakin' awesome RPG? Not that this one is bad; though I haven't read through all of it, you guys did a heck of a lot I hadn't even thought about. It just seems like people want to roleplay, and there aren't people directing the effort.

Anyone interested? I'll start a new storyline (my intro to this one was cool, but this is your RPG, not mine), get characters going, maybe a website... should be fun if we've got some enthusiasm for it. How about it?

Like more full on than this one?

I'd be in.
Will it be the same play format as this one?

EDIT: But i'm still going to play this one.

Oh yeah, this one can definitely still continue.

As for the format, I believe you guys did follow the same roleplaying standard, so yes... the way the game will be played will be identical.

It seems Ireland is taken, so I think I might do North America somewhere... hmmm... maybe Florida? That might be a Resistance hot spot as well, as hurricane activity might drive away Combine as well as Xen creatures. On the other hand, it could potentially lead to aliens that take advantage of the summer storms... I like it.

Sounds good? I'll create the thread shortly, anywhere from an hour to late tonight.

ppl, this is the guy that started this thread (see first post) I suggest we all join his new one (and play this)

Dont bung out on us again though :p

True, Darkest, could you maybe port our characters and what they've done in Ireland as a backdrop to the new RPG, if they want to?

Another "civil relocation," perhaps? Oh, and I'll be in on the next one.

Edit- I'll paste in my character sheet on the new thread.

Back