Airman Ace

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
So, yeah. I guess I kinda forgot to post a message here that I was leaving. Oh well. But I did join the Air Force and now in two days I'm getting the coin and stop being a god damn trainee.

It was a pretty rough two and a half months (because I had to stay longer because I really wasn't in shape enough to pass all my PT tests, but I managed to get it done by the end. ) but now that I'm finally here sitting in a library on base liberty in my blues(which are the most uncomfortable things in the world by the way) it really was pretty much worth it. I'm glad I joined. It was a whole lot different than I expected; easier, almost. Seems like everything has gotten simpler over time as society got sensitive.

The only thing I can really note I did well on was getting the marksman ribbon, aka 92%+ hit rate on the M16A2 qualification. Which is weird because I've never shot a real gun before in my life. Video games? I don't know.

Well, I have a job, a salary, and in hardly a week I'll be off to aircrew training and actually being able to do things in my free time.

Also, the **** happened to the site?

Good luck to you, sir.

The only thing I can really note I did well on was getting the marksman ribbon, aka 92%+ hit rate on the M16A2 qualification. Which is weird because I've never shot a real gun before in my life. Video games? I don't know.
Please don't come back and knock-up a liquor store or something. This is just an excellent sensationalist press piece waiting to happen.

Edit: Interestingly, try google image searching "ace pilot" and see what the first thing that comes up is.

Blast "Highway to the Danger Zone" on a radio whenever possible.

Godspeed, son.

Well congratulations on your progress in realizing what I assume has been a lifelong goal of yours.</admittedly-generic-comment>

Also I couldn't help myself:
aaaso.png
<-- (you)

Congrats dude! Just don't go getting yourself a nickname like 'Deadmeat'.

Well, I have a job, a salary, and in hardly a week I'll be off to aircrew training and actually being able to do things in my free time.

Also, the **** happened to the site?

So your required to shoot an M16 out of a cockpit of a jet fighter, some kind of driveby shooting? New tactic?

There's no excuse to leave if you have a phone capable of accessing the internet. The only way you can go is by admitting you hate all of us.

Having a call-sign sounds like the coolest thing ever although it's probably because of Top Gun that I think that. I don't know what it's like in the air force IRL.

Also, Godspeed, Ace. Look out for Charlies on your 6 and other such things.

Nice one Ace. Goodluck with everything, etc.

Flight mode activated.

Congrats! What will you be training to fly by the way?

Someday maybe. Monday I get shipped to my first tech school (which, hilariously, is also in Lackland) for Aircrew Fundamentals, which should be fun. I hope, maybe. After that I get survival training which is going to suck, then I go do my language stuff.

Airborne Linguist away!

And so like three months later I've started my language course after graduating aircrew fundamentals.

My given language is Pashto, one of the two major languages of Afghanistan. Barely two weeks in I can already read and write it, and we've started learning grammar and a whole lot of vocab.

Arabic script is super pretty and fun as hell to write.

Back