Alan Wake PC version delayed indefinitely.

Gargantou

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://www.xboxic.com/news/5504

"Remedy Entertainment has revealed that ‘Alan Wake‘ is now an Xbox 360 exclusive since completely scrapping the PC version of the title. The game’s lead writer Sam Lake has stated that the team is now fully concentrated on the Xbox 360 version."

Can't say I'm surprised really..

don't care, it will be probably shit

BS. I'll believe it when 6 months after the 360 release we have heard nothing at all about the PC version. I am really starting to hate this crap.

Yep, now I will never buy a 360. MS has been treating PC gamers like shit as of late.

from what i know its a single player only game and to many (many many) PC gamers that means its a 'i will pirate this' game. it makes financial sence to make it console exclusive.

its the tired old (but still correct imo) story of PC gamers digging their own grave.

False Advertising!

I bet Remedy & Microsoft were in cahoots together. I remember reading about Alan Wake back when DX10 hadn't even been released & how it was going to showcase DX10 on the PC. Now Remedy is making it a 360 only game? I bet Remedy did that so that the PC market would want the game & thus "force" consumers to buy yet another Microsoft product. Planned it all along.

Then again, it could also be that as pirating is so prevalent nowadays, that the PC platform just didn't seem to be a viable platform.

its the tired old (but still correct imo) story of PC gamers digging their own grave.

Yeah, it's not like you can't pirate 360 games just as easily...

Remedy is a Traitor. The PC market made them who they are. Then they moved onto console games.

death to remedy (as i listen to remedy by jason mraz)

Its their own stupid fault for developing a game which would probably only run of a small percentage of systems.

Disappointing, but not surprising in the least. I wonder if they ran out of money and are facing publisher pressure to put out a successful game. I'm starting to wonder if we'll see Alan Wake at all.

Shelly?...... Shelly?....... What ! ......... CMON!!!!!

Marvin Tikvah of mad tv

from what i know its a single player only game and to many (many many) PC gamers that means its a 'i will pirate this' game. it makes financial sence to make it console exclusive.

Oh for god sake i am so ****ing tired of hearing this excuse. Yes, piracy is an issue but not enough to make it console exclusive. If piracy was such an issue then games like GTA and Mass Effect would never come PC. Infact the PC is actually getting more support now with devs like Square Enix and Capcom returning. PC gaming is still profitable, The Witcher for example sold more than expected and the Orange Box sold more on the PC than both console versions put together. 360 piracy is almost becoming just as bad the only difference is Microsoft keeps very quite about that.

Yeah don't blame Remedy, Remedy's a good dev imo, they can't really do much if MS tells them to only make an XB360 studio though, since MS is funding the development.

What a mess.
Tired nonsense. If anything digs any kind of 'grave' it's devs/publishers dicking around like this, developing for a minority of high end systems while letting PC owners know in various ways that their product is secondary to the console version - not to mention very often inferior to a pirate copy, but that's getting into separate territory for debate...

Games for Windows really turned me off.

No I don't want to go 'Live'. I don't want to sign up to anything, or have to access other computers or play other people or any of that.

Just play when I click the icon. That's too much to ask.

ITT: PC users are jealous of console gamers and cry over a game that looks shit.

ITT: PC users are jealous of console gamers and cry over a game that looks shit.

Of course people are going to be upset, Alan Wake has been left dangling in front of people noses for how many years now and a good majority of the userbase anticipating this game are now being turned away for what appears to be pretty shitty reasons. There is no jealousy here, though I suspect you would be exactly the same if a game for the 360 was cancelled at last minute and moved to another console exclusively. You've probably just escalated this thread into a flame war between the two userbases now, too - well done, it's posts like this that I loathe the most when it comes to the gaming community.

I'm a 360 user who is looking forward to the game but I have no reason to get elitest about it coming to the console I own alone. I'm all for everyone getting a good share of games so I'm pretty annoyed for all the PC users out there that aren't going to get to play it. Sucks.

Of course people are going to be upset, Alan Wake has been left dangling in front of people noses for how many years now and a good majority of the userbase anticipating this game are now being turned away for what appears to be pretty shitty reasons. There is no jealousy here, though I suspect you would be exactly the same if a game for the 360 was cancelled at last minute and moved to another console exclusively. You've probably just escalated this thread into a flame war between the two userbases now, too - well done, it's posts like this that I loathe the most when it comes to the gaming community.

I'm a 360 user who is looking forward to the game but I have no reason to get elitest about it coming to the console I own alone. I'm all for everyone getting a good share of games so I'm pretty annoyed for all the PC users out there that aren't going to get to play it. Sucks.

If I honestly just started a flame war, well I apologize as I had no intention of that. Really, if this game looked good, I probably wouldn't have, but the "shine a flashlight on 'em then shoot 'em to kill 'em" seems stupid. Also doesn't look as creepy as people are saying.

I could see if it was MW2 that was a console exclusive, or a good game that people were waiting for was a console exclusive. But a game that looks like a more developed version of Alone In The Dark, well I just don't see why everyone cares.

ITT: FrostedxB removes any doubt that his IQ is lower than that of a wet brick.
(this is the guy that thought "1st person shooter"-syndrome actually existed)

If I honestly just started a flame war, well I apologize as I had no intention of that. Really, if this game looked good, I probably wouldn't have, but the "shine a flashlight on 'em then shoot 'em to kill 'em" seems stupid. Also doesn't look as creepy as people are saying.

I could see if it was MW2 that was a console exclusive, or a good game that people were waiting for was a console exclusive. But a game that looks like a more developed version of Alone In The Dark, well I just don't see why everyone cares.

Well it's subjective, isn't it? People that were looking forward to Alan Wake are upset that it isn't coming to PC... likewise, if a game like MW2, which you are looking forward to, was cancelled for the 360 you would be a little pissed. Don't really get where you are going with this.

OH **** OFF REMEDY!

Yep, now I will never buy a 360. MS has been treating PC gamers like shit as of late.

death to remedy (as i listen to remedy by jason mraz)

ITT: FrostedxB removes any doubt that his IQ is lower than that of a wet brick.
(this is the guy that thought "1st person shooter"-syndrome actually existed)

Seems a few people are crying that this is a 360 exclusive. I can understand that this happens alot, but when the PC community gets this upset over a game that looks pretty fail in the first place, well, its quite funny and stupid.

I could see if it was like COD:MW2 being delayed for 5 years, promised to all platforms, and last minute its a 360 exclusive and everyone else takes up arms, its a highly anticipated game that looks really good. Yet everybody complains when the shittiest games are made into exclusives.

Stop bringing up MW2. We get it, you like it. IIT, people like Alan Wake.

Get over it.

Stop bringing up MW2. We get it, you like it. IIT, people like Alan Wake.

Get over it.

Its the only overly-hyped game I can think of atm.

and Alan Wake looks incredibly miserable. The story is interesting, but the E3 trailer did it nothing but make it seem underdeveloped.

Seems a few people are crying that this is a 360 exclusive. I can understand that this happens alot, but when the PC community gets this upset over a game that looks pretty fail in the first place, well, its quite funny and stupid.

No, people are angry because it's a game that was supposed to be on PC and has over time been moved further and further away until saying "Ohh you can't have it now." Remedy has a history of making some pretty excellent PC games and regardless of how this game looks it is a pretty dick move on their part. And given how short the list of "good" developers is, it is pretty disappointing.

It would be like if some game you liked (Halo 3, Cod 4, something equally shitty) decided to release its next incarnation on the Wii or PS3 instead of the 360. It's a pure campaign for money, and it's a slap in the face to fans.

Also, you're an idiot.

No, people are angry because it's a game that was supposed to be on PC and has over time been moved further and further away until saying "Ohh you can't have it now." Remedy has a history of making some pretty excellent PC games and regardless of how this game looks it is a pretty dick move on their part. And given how short the list of "good" developers is, it is pretty disappointing.

It would be like if some game you liked (Halo 3, Cod 4, something equally shitty) decided to release its next incarnation on the Wii or PS3 instead of the 360. It's a pure campaign for money, and it's a slap in the face to fans.

Also, you're an idiot.
Also, if a dev made a game I like an exclusive on another console, I'd say whatever.

I haven't exactly followed Alan Wake at all, so no I didn't know it was a promise to PC gamers that disappeared, but I still don't get why everyone cares so much. Its a ****ing game, and hey, if it doesn't come out on a console I have, thats money staying in my pocket.

Meh, suxorz. I do hope it comes out for PC eventually. I won't boycot it or whatever, but it is a shitty move on the part of Microsoft.

Also, if a dev made a game I like an exclusive on another console, I'd say whatever.

I haven't exactly followed Alan Wake at all, so no I didn't know it was a promise to PC gamers that disappeared, but I still don't get why everyone cares so much. Its a ****ing game, and hey, if it doesn't come out on a console I have, thats money staying in my pocket.

When it was first announced Remedy were showing off the PC version which did, look awesome look for the videos that were showing off Intel's Quad cores. I wouldn't have been pissed off if at the beginning had they just said it's a 360 exclusive everyone else piss off, no they hyped the PC version at the beginning. It's just that in time Remedy have really dumbed it down due to the 360's limitation and even then i was still interested as Remedy are known for making great games.
I think i'm more ranting on Microsoft's attitude to the PC platform in general, they closed down all of their 1'st party PC studios such as ACES (creators of the Flight Simulator series) and they keep forcing 3rd party publishers to release PC versions later.

I hope the irony of this not coming to the PC after MS in the early days promoted it as a DX10 title and a reason to buy Vista isn't lost on people.

Personally between them I think MS & Sony have been fairly successful in killing off high street PC retail. I'm not sure about where you guys are, but increasingly PC gaming seems to be getting less and less shelf space Vs the consoles where ever I go. Albeit it's great that we PC gamers have Steam, GOG & D2D as well as online retailers like amazon & play to turn to, the fact that the physical product is rapidly being high street retail marginalised is not a good thing in the long term.

I hope the irony of this not coming to the PC after MS in the early days promoted it as a DX10 title and a reason to buy Vista isn't lost on people.

Personally between them I think MS & Sony have been fairly successful in killing off high street PC retail. I'm not sure about where you guys are, but increasingly PC gaming seems to be getting less and less shelf space Vs the consoles where ever I go. Albeit it's great that we PC gamers have Steam, GOG & D2D as well as online retailers like amazon & play to turn to, the fact that the physical product is rapidly being high street retail marginalised is not a good thing in the long term.

I've also noticed that. My local supermarkets no longer stock PC games or if it's a really popular game like the Sims they would have it under the counter with no advertising. Even the game stores only have half a shelf dedicated to the PC, but to be honest i really don't care since i haven't bought a game in a store for years.
I just wish that the PC had a voice so that it could stand up to Microsoft and Sony.

I have a 360 but now there's no way I will be getting this. I just don't get games like this for consoles... they suck there.

Of course I probably wouldn't get it for PC either because it looks pretty bad, but still...

This game has "lame" attached to it. Announced a loooong time ago, it has aged before coming out. A pointless and meaningless Vista exclusive. And now, PC development delayed indefinitely. I don't know what to say. Remedy, you won't have my money.

Honestly, if you don't own at least one console you're missing out on a lot of gaming. It seems a majority here dislike everything and go into complaining mode if it isn't available for PC.

If the game was PC exclusive I bet we would see quite a few good responses. Do yourself a favor and pick up a 360, they are cheap nowadays. Having just a PC isn't what it used to be when it comes to gaming.

Honestly, if you don't own at least one console you're missing out on a lot of gaming. It seems a majority here dislike everything and go into complaining mode if it isn't available for PC.

If the game was PC exclusive I bet we would see quite a few good responses. Do yourself a favor and pick up a 360, they are cheap nowadays. Having just a PC isn't what it used to be when it comes to gaming.

The majority of console games don't interest me. Right now i can't think of a single game i wish to play on the PS3 and the only games i really wanted to play on the 360 came PC except Fable 2.

I already have a PS3, and the only game on the 360 that remotely interests me is Alan Wake. This didn't bother me since it was going to be on the PC. I'm not going to get a 360 just to play one game.

Back