Alien Director's cut

Cool, my favorite single movie ever! I'll have to get that, thanks for the link.

Alien 2 is totally the best movie in the series. It has lots more action than the original and doesnt get weird like the foruth one

Originally posted by Loshadka
"Director's cut" - what the hell does it mean?

More material that was cut out for the standard version.

Your avatar, is that you?

I agree, Aliens is definitly my favorite of the series.
And I also agree that two was probably enough.

I loved the first two, liked the third and am neutral about the fourth one. I think it's not the kind of movie that fits Jeunet's directing skills.

It will be great to watch this classic on big screen.

I saw the fourth noe twice; once on video and once on tv, where it was censored. On tv, without the gore, it really sucked balls. That's when I realized what a bad movie it was, because watching all the annoying people die painfully was the only good part about it. With the first two, even without the gore, they would still be great, a testament to great tension, directing, and action.

I agree Nate, and that's sad because Jean-Pierre Jeunet is a great director. He's probably better with his own ideas. Just like it will probably do with Pitof.

The fifth sounds interesting.
AVP I dont have too much hope for though.

one of the scenes cut out from the original that seems to have made it into the directors cut is in the novelisation of the film. When ripley is running about the ship trying to find Jonsey the ships cat after setting the ships self destruct she finds and area where many of the characters including Dallas that have been taken by the alien are actually glued up to a wall and kept alive like in the second film. Ripley then burns them all with the flame thrower... If you watch the trailer carefully you can see a small part of this scene at the end!

love the aliens movie, never saw all of the fourth one though.

Back