All Chapters Unlocked When New Game Started?

Termite

Reaction score
I just remembered this, and when I put HL2 in and started a new game, all of the chapters were unlocked. Did this happen to anyone else?

Nope I had to unlock them, but if you want to make it so you have to unlock them too. Go to the console and type in sv_unlocked_chapters 0 (maybe it's 1).

Well, I have an Xbox. Like a console is going to pop up on the TV for me to type in the command.

Surely it just saves your chapter progress on your Memory Card or Xbox Hard Drive or whatever?

No. It's when I popped in Half Life 2 for the first time.

Then your X-Box or Game Disc is haunted. Either by a mysterious saved game beyond your knowledge (family member had the game and completed it without your knowledge) or a string of poorly advised coding that unlocks the game for all first-timers. Very Strange :)

just recently, i opened CSS and it made me do an update, though i looked on the steam news and there was no update, then after that i opened HL2, and only the first 4 chapters were unlocked, though i have beaten HL2 countless times, im well over 20 times now, so who knows wha thappenes, seems it was quite the opposite to u, but what happened to u did happen to me in HL:source.

Back