all hl2 files downloaded in one go?

M

mullen

well i preloaded all the files except the last one cause my steam decided to go all messed up. So I reinstalled steam and hl2 is now pre loading again and it has steadly been going all day. So my question is, now that all the preloads are out to download will it just download them all one after another so when this reaches 100% is it totaly done or will it then start again for the second phase?

last time I preloaded it did not take this long to do one part so thats why i think it maybe doing the whole thing.
Thanks for any help.
Mullen

It does it all in one go (so, as more phases are added, the your % downloaded will go down)

Is it the 'half life 2 content' GCF that takes up 4gb? Because mine's only 800mb. I've done all the pre-loads as they were released (successfully), apart from yesterdays one. Is the best solution to delete it and start again? Or can the people who're stuck on the pre-load expect a Steam fix this week?

about what lorka said
is there a way to verify all your files?

There will probably be a fix v soon ... don't worry about it too much.
There is no individual file that is 4 gig in size, it's split up (HL2 on it's own is around 1 gig at the mo, depending on how much preloading is completed and where you are)

Back