Alyx's Necklace

bigpapa400lb

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have said this before. There is something about Alyx's Necklace that might be part of the puzzle. That is the only thing that nobody else has picked up on before. And why with this episode are they focusing so much attention towards Alyx?

Well! What a great excuse to get a seriously hi-res screenshot. BRB.

Now lets not be 10 years old. I'm saying it symbolizes something. And if you are going to reply to this thread have an INTELLIGENT reply.:rolleyes:

I think her mom worked at Black Mesa, too. But died during the resonance cascade.

Funny, my mom has a necklace just like that.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
I think her mom worked at Black Mesa, too. But died during the resonance cascade.

Funny, my mom has a necklace just like that.

can you take a pic and post it?

Was your name always Ultima ApocalySpe? Or are you the evil twin of Ultima ApocalyPse?

Yes her mam did work at Black Mesa, but was killed. I doubt the necklace will have any relevance.

except to draw attention to her CLEAVAGE!!! WHO'S WITH ME??!!

no one?.... really?...

stop looking at me like that!

Hullu said:
Was your name always Ultima ApocalySpe? Or are you the evil twin of Ultima ApocalyPse?

My name should be UltimaApocalypse. I spelt it wrong when I signed up, but didn't notice till I had about 50 posts. Oh well.

ask a mod to change it, they can do that.

what's a hellraiser cube?

It is a damn cool necklace, but quite how it could hold any significance beyond it being her mum's, I don't see.

bigpapa400lb said:
I'm sorry but I have said this before. There is something about Alyx's Necklace that might be part of the puzzle. That is the only thing that nobody else has picked up on before. And why with this episode are they focusing so much attention towards Alyx?

Its been a long time, but I remember going on web sites where they sell similar kind of necklaces. They kept on claiming that the shape and material of the necklace was able to prevent certain electromagnetic waves to interfere with the humans brain, so as to prevent pscyological disorders and possible mind control from electromagnetic sources.

As the Half-Life series is about conspiracy theories and pseudo science, perhaps valve recognised this and decided to include it in their game

DEATH eVADER said:
Its been a long time, but I remember going on web sites where they sell similar kind of necklaces. They kept on claiming that the shape and material of the necklace was able to prevent certain electromagnetic waves to interfere with the humans brain, so as to prevent pscyological disorders and possible mind control from electromagnetic sources.

As the Half-Life series is about conspiracy theories and pseudo science, perhaps valve recognised this and decided to include it in their game
It blocks the breeding-supression field :naughty:

ríomhaire said:
It blocks the breeding-supression field :naughty:

that seriously deserves a LMFAO!!!

LMFAO!!!

anywhom, Maybe it is just there for decoration :p

I think its there for decoration too. Maybe it belonged to her mother, but no real importance.

Greatgat said:
Or like, any of the five Hellraiser movies?

Or like the eight Hellraiser movies :p

:flame: :flame:

Pinhead said:
Your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!

Edit: Not realy posted by Pinhead, but still.

I Heard That The Necklace Is Magic And She And Gorgun Use It To Travel Back In Time And Stop The Cascade From Every Happenin!

[EDIT] And for the record, the necklace was her mothers. See:
untitled1copy4qc.jpg

Samon said:
Yes her mam did work at Black Mesa, but was killed. I doubt the necklace will have any relevance.

Agreed.

Darkside55 said:
It's a miniature hellraiser cube.

Haha! So true. Love some of those movies. Wicked shit.

i'm sure they still put thought into it just like every other aspect. for example breens glasses (raising the bar). they probably wanted something that would add a feminine touch, yet not look too girly, hence the cube, and the way it doesn't drop. and i'm sure one of the designers could easily have put in a little homage to hellraiser.

Back