Amnesia: The Dark Descent Gone Gold

Paulaner

Space Core
Reaction score
From Frictional newsletter:

We at Frictional Games are happy to announce that Amnesia: The Dark Descent has gone gold. We are extremely pleased with our creation and cannot wait to unleash our bundle of madness on the 8th of September. We feel that we have taken a giant leap forward compared to our previous games, the Penumbra series.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a first person horror game with a focus on immersion. It is a game where atmosphere and story comes first. We hope that the game will be a breeze of fresh air, in a genre otherwise populated by "one-man-army action hero" sagas. In Amnesia you are almost completely defenseless, something we believe not only makes the game a lot scarier, but also gives a vastly different experience.

On the 8th of September, an interactive nightmare where reality is a fragile concept awaits.

Do you have what it takes to survive?

Details - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Price: $20.
Available: http://store.frictionalgames.com and most major online retailers.
Platforms: Windows, Mac OS X & Linux.
Languages: English - with localized text for French, German, Italian & Spanish.
Recommended Computer Specifications:

* Windows XP/Vista/7, OS X 10.5.8/10.6.4 or Linux distribution released in 2010.
* NVIDIA GeForce 6 / ATI Radeon HD.
* 2.0 Ghz CPU.
* 2 GB RAM.
* 2.5 GB Free hard disk space.

This is sweet.

I've had this pre-ordered for some time now. I can't wait to download it, play it up to the first scary part, and be too afraid to ever play it again.

Can't wait to shit my pants.

Diapers standing by.

Still not sure about whether to buy it or not, I didn't manage to finish previous Penumbra games because they scared me shitless, and this looks even scarier.:(

lol yea i'm still working through the second one now :(

Dowantdowantdowant. Is the story related to the one of the Penumbra games? or is it a completely new franchise?

Dowantdowantdowant. Is the story related to the one of the Penumbra games? or is it a completely new franchise?

Completely new as far as we've been told.

Yes, the developers described it as a new franchise, but there could be some kind of connection with Penumbra. Cameos, slight references or deeper implications, who knows?

I just hope you people know that the game itself is Swedish, not Finnish!

They're going to have a commentary mode? God, now I'm actually going to have to man up and play through the game. Love me some developer commentaries. Especially from a great developer like Frictional.

Mikko Tarmia is doing what I want to do.

Therefore: I must kill and consume Mikko Tarmia to become him.

Man, I seriously cannot WAIT to be scared witless by another Frictional Games game.

At least the guy is trying. If he was a lazy italian, he would speak his native tongue, with subtitles.

And he would grant you one request on this, the day of his daughters wedding.

Wait.. I think that's just Sicilians, my bad.

Im confused. The game is available on steam but there is no BUY button. Why?

Hmm... I already have it preordered, so I dont want to spoil any part of the game with the demo.

Must.. resist...

Screw it. I'm getting this, I cant take it anymore.

The demo was fantastic. Hardly gives anything away, and makes me want more.

Oh god that demo. I was doing alright until one part, now I'm too scared to do anything D:

EDIT: I just finished it. That was absolutely terrifying, and brilliant. I cant wait for the full game!

Amnesia could be one of the best survival horror games for PC, ever. I don't want to judge the whole game from a demo, but it's awesome and my hopes are high.

**** me. Played the demo until I ran out of torchlight around the basement with all the barrels in and the guy started cracking up. Stopped playing. Too scared.

You guys are silly. Get all excited about the game, then don't want to play it because it's too scary. :LOL:

Same here. I'll buy it because I know it will be a great game, and I want to support Frictional, but the minute the first brick ejects from my anus I'll close the game as fast as I can and will never play it again.

Just got through playing for a bit more. At first I though it was pretty scary and the atmosphere was quite oppressive and gloomy, but nothing I couldn't handle.Then when I got to the floor that is flooded with water and right away I was getting chased by
splashes
I freaked out so bad and tried running all over the place and ended up getting killed.
After reload I made it into the next room and there was another one waiting so I got to a safe spot and quit!

I'll probably give it another go later today...when I'm calm again. This game is awesome!

You guys are silly. Get all excited about the game, then don't want to play it because it's too scary. :LOL:

yea i'm still only half way through the 2nd penumbra :(

downloading demo now tho :p

EDIT: pre orders are up on steam now for 20% off. Go buy gogogogo!

I want to buy this but have no money after my mental game spending spree of August :( .

Back