An unintencianal n00b question :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danimal

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Come someone leave a link to where i can join Steam

Ive also heard you need to 'pay to play' on Steam... is this correct?

www.steampowered.com

You don't have to pay if you have already owned Half Life, the download of steam is free.

If you already have Half Life (or CS, or CZ, etc) just enter the CD Key and the games you own will be unlocked for play on Steam. (If you don't have the Key anymore, you can get it from your registry)

I thought...er...i forget how i got steam, but i think i just downloaded steam client off of fileplanet.com and then it makes you automatically setup an accout...

About paying to play - i think if you own half life you can play all the games that come with it from the one cd key, but if you dont you need to pay for a key...me thinks...me teh dumb

Edit: argh ye beat me...

Thank you

one other question, will the preload for HL2 have the full game or parts of it

The unchanging parts of it (storyline stuff, audio, models, etc). They are still squashing some bugs in the code.

It'll have parts of it.

i guess it will take HOURS to download like a friend of mine did with CS: source

...thanks for not going "Errr you n00b" like i have the other time i asked a question like this, this is the 2nd n00bish question i have asked

I have one other question, how big will the preload be for the Download (1oo MB - 1 GH)?

My understanding is that we're downloading sounds, music, models and textures. Probably quite a large part of the game. We have no definite idea but I'd hazard a guess of around 1 GB.

There is one but me and ComradeBadger are making a new definitive one.

No.. He said we need a fag somewhere here. So.. Here I am! :D

Doh! He mean't Frequently Asked Questions!
Damn.. I gotta learn to read.

So its a good thing? I thought there was an FAQ in this site but i never bothered to look cause they never havwe the questions im looking for (on other sites i mean)

So now an FAQ is being made... becasuse of me?

ARGH im still typing questions =O

...thanks for not going "Errr you n00b" like i have the other time i asked a question like this, this is the 2nd n00bish question i have asked

Errr........N00B!

*ahem sorry*

You don't have to worry about asking questions here. As long as your helpful and don't have a problem with the CAPS lock, I'm sure we can help you out.

An unintencianal n00b question :(

uh huhhuh huh

you said 'anal'

uh huh huh huh

Ah this was my very first thread. Brings back memories.

Back in 'Nam this thread was made...

Please ignore this :)

well, if you just look at the .gfc files you can see that the total is... umm ok a lot more than that... (yikes!)

If you highlight all the files in your SteamApps folder after you have all your preloading done, it will say how many gigs there are on the left in the details box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back