And they say Americans are stupid

Zeus said:
Wreath = Wreeth
Heath= Heeth
Leaf= Leef

Feath = Teeth? That's the biggest mystery, and it would be great if you could help me out on that one.

America is great, but I hate the "land of the free, some exceptions included" bullshit. Just look at those Hilton bitches. They're treated like freaking royalty. In a country that supposedly treats everyone equally, there's always the select few that don't have to face any of the hardships that normal everyday citizens face. And it's not like these women earned the money themselves. They are getting it all from daddy. It pisses me off.

JonTheCanuck said:
-Less than half of American adults understand that the Earth orbits the sun yearly
-Less than 1/2 knew that the Earth orbits the sun annually

Those are really the same thing.

those statistics are nowhere near accurate anyway, they only ask a certain portion of the population(ie, those who are on the internet a lot, 12-18 esp). the majority of the people who take htose havent even gone to or completed(yet) college.

and really, if you had never taken a biological science course, which arent the most common courses taken(nor considered standard required curriculum) why would you be able to define DNA as deoxyribonucleic acid? sure you would probably know what it was basically, but random people dont remember things like that.

you cannot say "52% of americans" etc unless you determine these results via some sort of census, not a freakin online poll. its all just a bunch of random bull in an attempt to make one's self or country appear smarter(or, less stupid).

Theres a ton of idiots on earth but i doubt 50% of people dont know shit about shit.

Feath said:
89% of Canadians couldn’t locate Iraq on a map, a higher “ignorance rate” than that of the United States.

81% of Canadians couldn’t locate Israel on a map

79% of Canadians couldn’t locate Afghanistan on a map

5% of Canadians couldn’t locate Canada on a map

Good lord I hope it wasn't a map with the countries names on it........

Maybe it was a oral question i get confused by those.

The Mullinator said:
I don't think the average person who watches Opra is particulary well informed anyway.

dont confuse oprah with jerry springer......ive had to watch that show on several ocasions. Its not even close to what your thinking.

the womans a billionare for fu.cks sake......

Well why don't we just all agree that everyone is stupid, the human race as a whole is stupid. Sure we can make neat gadgets and do some pretty cool stuff, but come on, were no smarter than nature, nature created us.

Back