Another opening event thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta86

Reaction score
Feel free to add to this.

The screen is black, but only for a matter of seconds. The Episode 3 logo fades in, with the sound of a helicopter blade whirring in the background. The sound gets louder as the title fades into the background, and the insides of the chopper fade into view. Alyx is sitting in the cockpit, with you tilted over in the opposite seat. She appears shook up, a mixture of anger and sadness, with even those words not summing up her feelings at the time. She glances over at you, her face showing and expression of surprise and a hint of relief.

Alyx: Gordon...your...awake. Are you ok?

She looks back, keeping a portion of concentration on piloting the chopper.

Alyx: God, I don't want to think about anything that happened back there.....Dog and I moved your body into the helicopter, I couldn't stand to tell anyone else about what happened. Dog moved my dad's body to-

Alyx begins to tear up, but keeps her composure. At this point it is easy to tell that she is in no state to discuss the matter at hand.

Alyx: To a bed in the medical wing, I will send a transmission to Kleiner and Magnuson when we get to the Borealis. I need time to think.

At this point, all you see is the beautiful arctic landscape out of the window. It really is amazing, like every flake of snow on the ground has it's own aura that begs to pull you in. This, combined with the capped mountains in the distance, and the mile wide stretches of frozen lake, create a scene that is astounding. However, you seem you cannot fully observe the beauty. Like every visual site sends back a reminder of your now deceased friend. You see something in the distance...it looks like a ship...yes, the Borealis. The long famed ship of Aperture Science, which disappeared long ago in the night, taking with it part of the dry dock. Ah, the dry dock, the likes of which can now be seen slightly jutting out of an icy mountain, and now seems to be your only way on to the disfigured ship.

...Is that...a door? No....a door would not be as advanced as this....technology and computers surround a blast hole in the ship. Wires have been spread throughout the masts, communication towers have been posted. And you watch....and watch on... as the chopper gets closer...and closer...until...

Alyx: Oh...my..god...

You glance over to her....seeing her shocked expressions as you turn to look on in horror upon noticing a mountain....far...far in the distance... A mountain that at one time would probably have been filled with young children putting on their first ski's....cabins to house visitors for warmth and lodging.....but now....now it is something different....you glance back over to Alyx to see a tear come out of her eye...and it is without doubt in your mind the emotions she has kept in for so long are soon to be let out in a glorious display of fire and rage. You glance back at the mountain once more...and fully take in the horrible blow to the hearts of Alyx, your own, and the thousands of resistance members still alive. It is not destoryed...it is far worse.. it is....

...A Citadel..

Eh? :D

Feel free to add to this.

The screen is black, but only for a matter of seconds. The Episode 3 logo fades in, with the sound of a helicopter blade whirring in the background. The sound gets louder as the title fades into the background, and the insides of the chopper fade into view. Alyx is sitting in the cockpit, with you tilted over in the opposite seat. She appears shook up, a mixture of anger and sadness, with even those words not summing up her feelings at the time. She glances over at you, her face showing and expression of surprise and a hint of relief.

Alyx: Gordon...your...awake. Are you ok?

She looks back, keeping a portion of concentration on piloting the chopper.

Alyx: God, I don't want to think about anything that happened back there.....Dog and I moved your body into the helicopter, I couldn't stand to tell anyone else about what happened. Dog moved my dad's body to-

Alyx begins to tear up, but keeps her composure. At this point it is easy to tell that she is in no state to discuss the matter at hand.

Alyx: To a bed in the medical wing, I will send a transmission to Kleiner and Magnuson when we get to the Borealis. I need time to think.

At this point, all you see is the beautiful arctic landscape out of the window. It really is amazing, like every flake of snow on the ground has it's own aura that begs to pull you in. This, combined with the capped mountains in the distance, and the mile wide stretches of frozen lake, create a scene that is astounding. However, you seem you cannot fully observe the beauty. Like every visual site sends back a reminder of your now deceased friend. You see something in the distance...it looks like a ship...yes, the Borealis. The long famed ship of Aperture Science, which disappeared long ago in the night, taking with it part of the dry dock. Ah, the dry dock, the likes of which can now be seen slightly jutting out of an icy mountain, and now seems to be your only way on to the disfigured ship.

...Is that...a door? No....a door would not be as advanced as this....technology and computers surround a blast hole in the ship. Wires have been spread throughout the masts, communication towers have been posted. And you watch....and watch on... as the chopper gets closer...and closer...until...

Alyx: Oh...my..god...

You glance over to her....seeing her shocked expressions as you turn to look on in horror upon noticing a mountain....far...far in the distance... A mountain that at one time would probably have been filled with young children putting on their first ski's....cabins to house visitors for warmth and lodging.....but now....now it is something different....you glance back over to Alyx to see a tear come out of her eye...and it is without doubt in your mind the emotions she has kept in for so long are soon to be let out in a glorious display of fire and rage. You glance back at the mountain once more...and fully take in the horrible blow to the hearts of Alyx, your own, and the thousands of resistance members still alive. It is not destoryed...it is far worse.. it is....

...A Citadel..

Eh? :D

I hope your erm....just stating my work..in an earlier post rather than trying to pass my writing off as your own, mate. In any case, this was originally written by me, in the thread "Opening Idea".

Don't worry dude, Shasta is a boo and will probably get banned in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back