Another smart move by Republicans, no women in military

Status
Not open for further replies.
CptStern said:

read much?

I work with a chick that isnt able to lift up the 30" bomb racks in order to inspect them.. she's extremely short and not strong enough.. that's one example.. another is just too damn lazy to do shit.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
read much?

I work with a chick that isnt able to lift up the 30" bomb racks in order to inspect them.. she's extremely short and not strong enough.. that's one example.. another is just too damn lazy to do shit.

I'm glad your one experince speaks definatively for 50% of the worlds population ..I personally know women that could probably kick the ass of most men ..I also know women who make men look like mental midgets ..stop generalizing and give me a straight answer

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
read much?

I work with a guy that eats fast food all day and weighs 350 pounds. He can barely move let alone move through the desert with 60 pounds of equipment on him. Does that mean men shouldn't be allowed in the army?

No Limit said:
I work with a guy that eats fast food all day and weighs 350 pounds. He can barely move let alone move through the desert with 60 pounds of equipment on him. Does that mean men shouldn't be allowed in the army?

350 pound men cant join the military anyway, unless they lose that weight.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
You missed the point. You can't say that this one girl you know provides the basis for ALL women not being allowed in the military.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
Gee, nothing gets past you.

seinfeldrules said:
I dont think they could do it without the latter part of the statement.
But you said it yourself, there's no harm in letting them try out, right?

Your point here being that the general hygiene conditions women require (rather than want) are higher than men's.

btw- imagine the consequences! saddams hq - 'we'll strike on the 26th day, when they're most vunerable' :O

one thing is you have to relize, is that in comabt positions, the army fosters the "brotherhood" which is basically male bonding. now with the regualr troops, we dont want couples to emerge, and then have one partner have a breakdown when the other dies or gets shot. in subramine duty, u live in very close quarters, its like a 24/7 guys locker room. and with speacial forces, its the same "brotherhood" bonding that exludes women.

I wouldnt fight on the front line with a woman. Its nothing to do with bigotry, its common ****ing sense. You think most women could live through Iwo Jima, Bastogne, or any other world war 2 battle? Think they would crack sooner? Men have faught wars for the existence of our species - and theres a good reason. Of course theres women that could kick my ass. Most chimps could probably kick my ass but I wouldent fight with them. I'm joining the army after college, if I do so and I'm forced to fight with women I'm going to be a bit of pissed.

In addition to that, theres the social reasons. The army cannot have people ****ing each other every chance they get, which is exactly what would happen. That would make the army most likely responsible for daycares and shit. IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN.

by the way, love the bullshit title. NO WOMEN IN MILITARY LOL ITS THE REPUBLICANS FAULT.

But you said it yourself, there's no harm in letting them try out, right?

Your point here being that the general hygiene conditions women require (rather than want) are higher than men's.

Yes, that is my point.

Those who think women and men can be given equal tasks are wrong, their bodies are different from mens, this has been proven many times.
There is also a serious note about if you have both sexes fighting then you get some serious problems from soldiers behavoir, showing off, especially in a high action, high male percentage environment...........fights occur, men try to "protect" the women.

There are plenty of women that would make excellent soldiers but generally a male will make a better soldier.

It's not about sexism, it is about providing the country with an effective fighting force.

short recoil said:
Those who think women and men can be given equal tasks are wrong, their bodies are different from mens, this has been proven many times.
There is also a serious note about if you have both sexes fighting then you get some serious problems from soldiers behavoir, showing off, especially in a high action, high male percentage environment...........fights occur, men try to "protect" the women.

There are plenty of women that would make excellent soldiers but generally a male will make a better soldier.

It's not about sexism, it is about providing the country with an effective fighting force.

That's why you would split the sexes up. All the males in one squad, and all the females in the other squad. Send the men in one half of the country and the women on the other.

It works in theory.

A True Canadian said:
That's why you would split the sexes up. All the males in one squad, and all the females in the other squad. Send the men in one half of the country and the women on the other.

It works in theory.

That would seriously hamper there ability to manuver if they didnt want male and female groups mixed.

I dont see why that's the woman's fault that men cant control their hormones ...wtf they're adults, if they cant control themselves in the heat of battle then they have no business being in the military

...besides have you guys seen any female soldiers ...not to stereotype or generalise but army chicks are fuglys

we'd like them to look like this

but the reality is closer to this

GiaOmerta said:
Females are better pilots, take more g's, etc.
Personally, if I was on the front lines. I wouldnt want a girl next to me. I'd prefer guy get blown to pieces than a girl. Me, personally, I'm protective of the womenfolk. I wouldn't be able to stomach what I momented above, which would make me an inactive soldier and probally the majority of our squad.

That is wrong, the best type of person to take g forces is a shorter people with lots of muscle, women have the advantage that they are generally shorter then men but are a lot lesss muscular.

short recoil said:

Yes, but if you had a woman that was fit enough and strong enough to join the Marines (i know women aren't allowed in the marines), would you deny her a space?

She can run 1.5miles in 8 minutes flat and then do 60 pushups and 150 situps immediately afterwards, and runs the London Marathon every year. Would you deny her a space?

Razor said:
Yes, but if you had a woman that was fit enough and strong enough to join the Marines (i know women aren't allowed in the marines), would you deny her a space?

She can run 1.5miles in 8 minutes flat and then do 60 pushups and 150 situps immediately afterwards, and runs the London Marathon every year. Would you deny her a space?

Yes. Marines always work in a close enviroment. The men would go crazy over that. She could be raped, all the men would fight over her, they could end up getting killed trying to show off, a number of different things could happen. Plus, the Marines abide by strict social laws and lots of tradition. Tell a marine that your going to break 200 years of his tradition by letting a woman join. It won't be pretty.

Dag said:
Yes. Marines always work in a close enviroment. The men would go crazy over that. She could be raped, all the men would fight over her, they could end up getting killed trying to show off, a number of different things could happen. Plus, the Marines abide by strict social laws and lots of tradition. Tell a marine that your going to break 200 years of his tradition by letting a woman join. It won't be pretty.

ya cuz in real life all the hot chicks are gung-ho military types that could wrestle a full sized man to the ground

:upstare:

it happens anyway

Dag said:
You know, men can actually behave themselves. It may seem strange to you, but that's the truth.

CptStern said:
such as? they cant pull a trigger? they cant push a button? they're not as tough as their male counter-parts ...please
keeping up while running, or crowling, there is a lot more to army then just pulling a trigger or pushing a button, you have to be emosionally strong, and welcom stress

The_Monkey said:
You know, men can actually behave themselves. It may seem strange to you, but that's the truth.

When you've been out in the desert for a year, those sexual urges can get the better of you.

Dag said:
When you've been out in the desert for a year, those sexual urges can get the better of you.

what would you tell your daughter if she wanted to join the marines?

iyfyoufhl said:
keeping up while running, or crowling, there is a lot more to army then just pulling a trigger or pushing a button, you have to be emosionally strong, and welcom stress

That's why she would be subject to the physical and mental induction tests that the men joining the armed forces are subject to.

Not refused on the grounds of being a woman, but rather failing the fitness test or whatnot. That's what this is all about. Equal opportunity, if you can cut it in the job, why should you not be allowed?

kirovman said:
That's why she would be subject to the physical and mental induction tests that the men joining the armed forces are subject to.

Not refused on the grounds of being a woman, but rather failing the fitness test or whatnot. That's what this is all about. Equal opportunity, if you can cut it in the job, why should you not be allowed?
run the test, and see

CptStern said:
what would you tell your daughter if she wanted to join the marines?

He would probably say okay, because women can be in the marines.

in a combat role I meant ...excuse this non-military-glorifying canadian for his lack of understanding of all things ...err ...military

CptStern said:
in a combat role I meant ...excuse this non-military-glorifying canadian for his lack of understanding of all things ...err ...military

Women can be in combat roles in a support unit.

I ask not that you glorify it but that you understand it for the sake of argument.

Sainku said:
Women can be in combat roles in a support unit.

I ask not that you glorify it but that you understand it for the sake of argument.

yes but that's not the point of this thread ..not in a support role but in an equal role with their male counterparts

I really have no problem with the women joining the military, but the only reason I can think they can't is because the Marine tradition of only men, and the womens rights movements would go crazy if a woman got sent to the front-lines to be killed.

CptStern said:
yes but that's not the point of this thread ..not in a support role but in an equal role with their male counterparts

They are equal roles, no role is better than another. If anything the support unit may be the most crucial of all. It is a simple matter of efficiency. A place where your equality physco-babble touchy feely crap means nothing. This is about peoples lives being lost in the name of equality which is totally unessacery.

Not letting them in the same combat roles for the reason that a group of mixed gender does do not function effeciently under stress is not an issue of equality. No one is blaming women for the fact that men are over protective and irrational around them, and it is certainly not a punishment. Its either all women or all men, and the number of women wanting to go get killed is just a little less than the number of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back