ANTICITIZEN: A Half-Life 2 Story

T

Timothy Sottek

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that I am looking to build a design team for a story I have constructed. Thanks in advance for reading, and I hope to hear from anybody who is interested in the project, or who wants to join the team.

[/B]ANTICITIZEN

Anticitizen is a story taking place in the United States directly after Gordon Freeman's actions in City 17.

Preface:

Even after the fall of the Citadel in City 17, the vast majority of Earth is under the tight grip of Combine authority. During the short lived war, America was hit hardest and fastest. Most American cities were either decimated or cleansed for Combine occupation, and the U.S. military quickly collapsed. After the war had ended, seventy percent of the U.S. population had been killed, wounded, or put into captivity.

A new combine city, built to resemble those of the home planet, was built on the Eastern seaboard of the United States, and in close proximity to Washington D.C. Washington was converted by the Combine into a puppet capital, where mind controlled American politicians rule over their remaining countrymen.

Not everyone has put down their arms. A sizeable group of American insurgents living in Nevada have pulled resources and American loyalists from surrounding states, and targeted Compound 57, a converted Combine military base that holds captured American aircraft and weaponry. It is rumored that a weapon of unimaginable destruction is kept inside the complex, one large enough to wipe out the new Combine city that acts as a nexus of Earth's occupation.

Game Summary:

Campaigns- Each campaign will have approximatley three maps. Maps will proceed in a linear fashion from a victorious outcome.

Compound 57- Insurgents must infiltrate the compound and steal technology that would allow them to attack the Combine city.

New Frontier- Insurgents must travel to the East Coast past Combine checkpoints.

Anticitizen- Insurgents must infiltrate the nations capital, and assasinate its puppet leaders.

Rockets Red Glare- Insurgents must infiltrate the Combine city and detonate their singularity device.

Gameplay:

Anticitizen will feature cooperative player-versus-environment gameplay. Squads of players will be given various tasks to complete to assist the greater objective of each map and campaign.

Weapons:

Anticitizen shall feature various conventional weaponry, and futuristic Combine technologies.

-------

I hope the idea sounds worthy of creation.

If you are interested in working for the mod, please send me an email or a PM. I can also be reached on AIM (check my profile).

email: timothysottek[at]resurgencestudios[dot]com

We will need all positions to be filled:

-Programmer
-Web Developer
-Sound Engineer
-Texture Artist
-3d Artist
-Mapper

and other positions as they are needed.

I hope this modification will receive plenty of support from the community!

Sincerely ,

Timothy C. Sottek
"Tango Charlie"

I think if you're using the HL2 story etc and adding on... not having anything too drastic changed that a lot of the textures and sfx are allready there for you...

Personally i don't think you will need them.

But of course it's always best to be safe :D

Back