Any last minute suggestions on my machine?

Questions:

1. How much will that baby cost altogether?
2. Are you sure you want to spend that much on a case?
3. Will you be buying a sound card or using onboard audio?

Otherwise, nice choices. Should be a mean gaming rig, but remember to back it up with the other components like mouse, keyboard and monitor. I would reccomend some surround-sound speakers aswell (not sure if the onboard audio supports them though).

Your all set to buy a graphics card to top it off. If money is no object then the X800XT will perform blisteringly fast in HL2 or any other game. If you want the best bang for your buck the 9800pro is at a very affordable price at the moment, and it will still handle any game you care to throw at it.

If you do go for the X800, don't expect to stay at the bleeding edge for too long. About a year ago the 9800pro cost £400.

The 6800 GT is a very good buy at the moment and is easily flashed/clocked to an ultra.
Also I found the fans on the xaser to be underpowered so you might want to look into buying a couple more powerful case fans.

As far as we know the X800 XT performs better in hl2 then the 6800 Gt. I'd get the X800 over the 6800, but that's me.

Well whatever your preference, i think it is fair to say that both the x800 and 6800 will run HL2 perfectly :D

Does Socekt 939 support ECC Registered Ram? I don't think so

I would find out for sure, but I'm a bit pressed for time right now. So check into the RAM compatability thing.

Oh yeah, didn't notice it was registered ram, you will gian no benefit from this memory with your choice of motherboard so might you might as well buy cheaper normal 3200 ram.

For just 10 dollars more you can get a lite on DVD burner that burns dual layer and 16x on DVD-R

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-962&depa=1

The RAM is a bit iffy, but the CPU and mobo look good.

The Xaser III is a good case, i have one right behind me, i dont use it anymore... i just didnt like it :/ As said, the fans are of low quality, and also make sure you can take noise, because those fans add up.. (7 case, CPU, PSU, and Vid card)

alright, thanks for correcting my ram, i am getting the ones you recommended, ASUS
i think i will go with 9800pro.
i will be using my dell 19" monitor, some shitty ass speakers using the on board mobo audio.
will upgrade sound card and speakers i a little while.
oh yes, key board and mouse for sure.
thank you all.

Back