Any news about bots?

S

Sidd

Don't ask me why, but I figured the game would get a few upgrades on the 16th.

A few more maps... and bots.

Is there any word if they'll release anything like that anytime soon? Or is CS:Source final the way it is now?

Its weird how they didnt add bots into the game itself.

I never used bots in cs... i tried some once but it just didn't feel right! Nothing like knowing you're pitted against another human being :D

We might see the bots sometime in the future. Who knows, maybe we will get them in the december release. We'll just have to wait and see.

hello

Ecthe|ioN said:
We might see the bots sometime in the future. Who knows, maybe we will get them in the december release. We'll just have to wait and see.

What about 3rd party bot programs such as PODbot? Do you think the developers of that might turn their hand to CS:S?

Podbot is dead, the guy that was working on it got hired by valve to work on CS:CZ bots and he is most likely working on the bots for source..

I want bots very much too. I am on dialup and I used to play with pod bot. They should just activate the current bots even if they are not totaly done.

Bots were great in pre-source. Too many people hacked, atleast with bots you know it's good, clean fun. :)

haha, until you need a challenge and go and edit all their properties and set them insanely good. Technically the bots are cheating, because they are programmed aimbots, just with delays ;)

Who cares anymore? Right now I'm fed up with the whole thing. really any news about CSS is getting old. WE want bots or at least we expected bots but no there aren't any bots And another thing it's still looks liek nothing has changed from when it was released 1 month ago. Really valve slipped up. They got their money from all the preload orders and still there is no update even when hl2 was released. That's simply not right!

A update will come my friend =d Dec 6th or 16th there supposed to release a big update.

bena8705 said:
What about 3rd party bot programs such as PODbot? Do you think the developers of that might turn their hand to CS:S?

Nope.

No third party bots will come because its sensless because of an official support.

U might not beleave me but one of the first servers i played CS:S on had bots included!
LoL There was no rcon password so i added some more...
It was fun! The cz bots i think, since they had the same names and stuff...
I think u can copy the cz bot files to your cs:s directory and play with the bots or something....

Server full ??

Hi all it my first post....anywayz with my CS:source when i try to add bots with the command "Bot_add john" my copy says "can't not crate bot server is full" werid thing is that the server is empty, and i thought there is no bot system in CS:source yet.

Twister said:
U might not beleave me but one of the first servers i played CS:S on had bots included!
LoL There was no rcon password so i added some more...
It was fun! The cz bots i think, since they had the same names and stuff...
I think u can copy the cz bot files to your cs:s directory and play with the bots or something....

That were CS Source Bots for Linux Servers.

I have played CS:S with bot today my friend show me how to add bot
1. press the ~ to show u the command list
2. write: add_bot
3. press enter and u will play with bots
4. do it a gain if u want too add more
I dont know if u trys this way, it's working with me and I will play with the bots to practice.

I tried this on aztec and it doesn't work for me :/ It just says that they bots can't get created. Which map did you tested ?

The warez version of CSS has bots enabled. So if for what ever reason valve don't enable bots, I'm sure someone will mod it.

I tested it in de_dust and it work I will try it in other maps then i will tell u the result. I will try to put a photo for it

You sure you don't have the hacked version ? Anyways if you don't then your going to have to tell us in more detail did your friend give you any files or change any settings around to get them ?

I have the hacked version so I can add bot. I did not find the Orginal version, I would like to buy it as soon I find it. So I played with the hacked version.

You can buy the real version at the store or on steam. duh. I dont think you will find a copy under your bed.

I am from United Arab Emirates so the game did not arrive yet here and I dont like to buy it on steam. I think it better for me to buy it from the store.

lol way to go valve, give bots to people who pirated your software and not to the loyal paying customers.

They'll prob just make a new release of CSS with the "official bots" and make you buy it again ;0( please tell me i'm wrong)

If they do that, I will just give up on Css and move on to something else...I could play Homeworld 2 :hmph: again

The Bots-United community is watching the HL : Source SDK with great interest. There are already plans on developing a bot for multiple engines, but there are many HL2 fans out there, so expect some development soon.

Also, its been said that HL2 uses an easy way (aka like HL1) style of coding and such. So it would be very plausible that a new bot would be coming relatively soon.

Ofcourse, you can always wait for the 'official bot' to return. Which is btw, also a 'member' of our community ! :)

Link to bots-united: http://www.bots-united.com

Back