Anyone else addicted?

DreamThrall

Reaction score
I've already beat it twice... I took my time the second time... but yet after I'm done posting this, I'm going to start another new game. Why? I don't know. Anyone else doing this?

*Preparing to play Half-Life 2...*

i keep playing the same lvls with slow mo, its too addicting

I'm worried that if I start to play it through again it wont be as good!

Plus I promised myself I'd get back to some exercise after I'd finished it

I am totally addicted. I'm addicted to everything, even these here forums!!!

I'm going to go through the game again tonight and see how much a** I can whup the second time around.

i am addicted so much that all i do is check out HL2 forums and play HL2

During the first play through, it was pretty evident how primary was HL2 to everything else. Greasy hair, skipped lessons, missed deadlines - I was almost hoping it would end soon during the final chapters so I could resume Life. Couldn't sacrifice that time again for a second run through, even though I'd love to.

I played it on Easy difficulty the first time through, I'm playing it on Normal this time. And I kinda cheated (noclipped) through some parts of Ravenholm cause I couldn't handle it. :( But I'm going to do it legimately this time. :p

After beating it once, I did some random playing here and there, but I haven't really played it anymore. There just isn't any replay value.

AntiAnto said:
How do you do that?
Someone posted a thread with a script you can run that slows down the game when you press B.

You can do it yourself without the script, I think the command is like...

timescale (number)

It's something-timescale... Sorry I don't remember exactly.

EDIT: Got it. Host_Timescale (number)

1 is normal.. 0.5 would be half speed... etc.

Found the link for the download. :)

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;33392

This is probably the first game that I have ever even considered playing again right after beating it. It's just that good.

I'm beating the game again with cheats. I have the blue manipulator. It's fun screwing around with bodies and everything. :D

vegeta897 said:
Someone posted a thread with a script you can run that slows down the game when you press B.

You can do it yourself without the script, I think the command is like...

timescale (number)

It's something-timescale... Sorry I don't remember exactly.

EDIT: Got it. Host_Timescale (number)

1 is normal.. 0.5 would be half speed... etc.

Found the link for the download. :)

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;33392

Thank buddy. It's just that I haven't been able to open the console yet. Seriously, I really don't know how. (I notched the "Enable the console" in advanced setting, but nothing appears)

For the primary subject of the thread: I'm not that addicted. I finished it today and I'm now playing it again.

Yeah I finished my second run through the other day. I did it in 2 mammoth sessions.

I just beat it for my 2nd time, on hard.

AntiAnto said:
Thank buddy. It's just that I haven't been able to open the console yet. Seriously, I really don't know how. (I notched the "Enable the console" in advanced setting, but nothing appears)
Press the tilde (sp?) key. ( ~ )

Weeeeeeee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vegeta897 said:
Press the tilde (sp?) key. ( ~ )

Weeeeeeee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes. I am not that idiot. I don't know, it's kinda weird. I've even tried to add theses lines " -console" to the shortcuts. It didn't work. I'm doomed.

AntiAnto said:
Yes. I am not that idiot. I don't know, it's kinda weird. I've even tried to add theses lines " -console" to the shortcuts. It didn't work. I'm doomed.
That's too bad. :(

I played it first on easy and am now playing through on hard. I have to say, if you're playing on either easy or normal right now just stop your game and play hard, it's incredible. It's so much fun that I'm at "Anticitizen One" after about eight or nine hours of play.

I havent touched the game since i beat it on the 18th. I might play it again in a year or so, but i have real trouble replaying linear games, no matter how good they are i just find it boring.

As someone above said, this is the first game of its type i have ever played again once i finished it.

Have played through on easy and am now mucking round with cheats and stuff before going back through on normal or hard.

Current favourites: - Water Hazard with all weapons and Notarget (mainly for the ability to pin up Civil Protection about a foot from the ground using the crossbow, gotta love the rag doll physics)

I actually found some of the bits more fun on the second play through (like the bit at the start of sandtraps with the zombies, scared me the second time (alhough that might be because i was really tired ;) )

AntiAnto said:
enable it in keyboard options advanced

bind \ toggleconsole (the -console cmd line parameter should give you the console when HL2 boots, if it doesn't appear you could add +bind o console and then press o) should make it work with the tilde key.

Spartan said:
bind \ toggleconsole (the -console cmd line parameter should give you the console when HL2 boots, if it doesn't appear you could add +bind o console and then press o) should make it work with the tilde key.

Thank you, but what do i have to put in the shortcut? "\ toggleconsole"?

EDIT: I added "\ toggleconsole" in the shortcut description and a window appeared showing "Unable to load filesystem_stdio.dll".

dude read my post! go to options when on hl2, then go to keyboard, then advanced, then enable it from there

ktimekiller said:
dude read my post! go to options when on hl2, then go to keyboard, then advanced, then enable it from there

This is the first thing I did before I played the game.

ktimekiller said:
well, it might have gotten disabled, check it

I've checked it a zillions of time. If I start to ask help on forums, it means that I have checked and checked again all the things I am able to do.

Lorka said:
During the first play through, it was pretty evident how primary was HL2 to everything else. Greasy hair, skipped lessons, missed deadlines - I was almost hoping it would end soon during the final chapters so I could resume Life. Couldn't sacrifice that time again for a second run through, even though I'd love to.

Idem Dito.

I keep going back to it just to enjoy some of the combat and other bits again. I just wish they didn't all end so quickly *cries*

And as for the last level... My new game is to stand on the otherside from those big weird watery looking blobs with balls of energy in the middle and, when an enemy comes along from the other side, pull him towards me.
They end up going straight into the energy thing and float through the air blurring. Sometimes they fall out and bleed profusely 8o|

Mr.Wotsit said:
I keep going back to it just to enjoy some of the combat and other bits again. I just wish they didn't all end so quickly *cries*

And as for the last level... My new game is to stand on the otherside from those big weird watery looking blobs with balls of energy in the middle and, when an enemy comes along from the other side, pull him towards me.
They end up going straight into the energy thing and float through the air blurring. Sometimes they fall out and bleed profusely 8o|

so kill me !

Right click on Steam icon in system tray, select Play Games, right click on Half-Life 2 icon, select Properties, select Launch Options, type -console, press OK, start game. Console will appear. Type:

bind f1 toggleconsole

Now your F1 key will toggle the console.

footsteps said:
Right click on Steam icon in system tray, select Play Games, right click on Half-Life 2 icon, select Properties, select Launch Options, type -console, press OK, start game. Console will appear. Type:

bind f1 toggleconsole

Now your F1 key will toggle the console.
Perhaps if you read more carefully, you would see that he already tried that.

DreamThrall said:
I've already beat it twice... I took my time the second time... but yet after I'm done posting this, I'm going to start another new game. Why? I don't know. Anyone else doing this?

*Preparing to play Half-Life 2...*
Same i just love the gameplay, it's deliciously beautiful.

Back