Anyone else turned off by screaming zombies?

Do you find the zombie's screams disturbing?

• Yeah, it bothers me a little.

Votes: 41 19.9%
  • Doesn't really matter to me.

Votes: 20 9.7%
  • No, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Votes: 48 23.3%
  • Heck no - the screams make my nipples hard. (You sick bastard! ;))

Votes: 97 47.1%

• Total voters
I think it's great to have this effect, really made me feel disgusted about killing zombies in the game..

And if you don't kill 'em CrazyHarij, they'll claw your flesh apart!

Zombies are there for your amusement, they're slow paced and pretty dumb, which gives you ample time to figure out new and exciting ways to dismember them. The manipulator + zombies = great laughs :D

Shuzer said:
I do believe that's iD's job! Ha..hahah..ha..ha.... get it? Hell? iD? Doom 3? no? I'll get my coat.

yeah...uh.. u do that :p

urseus said:
It would probably change it so you light one on fire and he calmly mentions "Oh dear it seems ive caught alight - bad form on my part there chaps pardon me for a moment while i expire."

:LOL: that for some reason reminded me of Ned Flanders...

Well, Houndeyes were purportedly friendlies to begin with, but as betatesters tended to blast them without thinking they gradually became hostiles.

Showed the video to a friend of mine literally two hours ago and he, at first, thought the sound was coming from Gabe. Something along the lines of:

*Gordon throws cannister at zombie onscreen*

*Zombie goes up in flames*

Gabe: Argh AGGH arrrgh ARRGH no GOD ohhrrrgh ARRGHHH. That's what's going through the zombies head as you torch him!

*another goes the way of the first*

Gabe: Narrghh ARGGGHHH AHHHH OH GOD ARGHHHH.

Then again, how do we know? Maybe the screams were just part of Gabe's atmospheric voiceover.

I can tell you right now that it wasn't coming from Gabe. Gabe's voiceover was relatively quiet and you usually had to strain in order to hear. Plus, while the moans weren't exactly the same, the zombies from the 2003 presentation occassionally let out a human-like moan as well.

Plus, it's quite easy to tell which sounds are coming from the game and what's coming from Gabe or the audience.

Absinthe said:
I can tell you right now that it wasn't coming from Gabe. Gabe's voiceover was relatively quiet and you usually had to strain in order to hear. Plus, while the moans weren't exactly the same, the zombies from the 2003 presentation occassionally let out a human-like moan as well.

Plus, it's quite easy to tell which sounds are coming from the game and what's coming from Gabe or the audience.
Er, I don't think abyone would confuse Gabe's voice for a screaming zombie. Unless he'd just woken up, natch.

The zombie screams indeed felt out of place to me...almost as soon as I heard them. The thing that bugs me the most is that the headcrab takes over the face/head so there's no way the human left inside could make that loud/clear/coherent of a noise. At the best, we'd have muffled gurgling...which is what HL1 had IIRC.

The screams make the zombies feel less believable to me.

I really like the screaming of the zombies when they're on fire BECAUSE it sounds human. And it's more horrifiing than some soft gurgling. That was what I liked the most in the Ravenholm bink video.

Heck no - the screams make my nipples hard. (You sick bastard!)

Back