anyone know if hl2 will support win98?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thorn of Death said:
Windows 98 is probably the best thing microsoft has ever done.

Goto http://www.IHateWindowsXP.com

Nice website.

Ever got the Undefeatable error message in XP? need to click on it for ever.

The Ultimate sucking of XP is the stupid task managing. In 98 just end task and it will, but in XP, too many times you have to restart to exit the crashed program.
Windows 98 just blue screens... :|

I'm sure there will be a hack to let you play it on Win98 within hours of it's release, but come on, just freakin get XP.

wait a minute . you mean to tell me that people still use windows 98?
you know i heard people like to clinge to things due to nostalgia. but this is ridiculas...

no one should have to lag when it comes to tech.. its the 21st century way...

unless you live in an unknown country where you only have 3 comps nation wide.

Ahnteis said:
You should read more closely. I said EFFICIENTLY. And it doesn't.
Like I said, my system ran just fine. Despite the alleged decrease in effeciency, I was able to run Far Cry with zero problems. Well, no problems other than the abysmal gameplay.

Thorn of Death said:
The Ultimate sucking of XP is the stupid task managing. In 98 just end task and it will, but in XP, too many times you have to restart to exit the crashed program.

I know what you mean and feel your pain. XPs task manager was crap except I did like the new graph thingie. And what the hell is a system idle process anyway?

c14dude said:
with the recent release of Thief deadly shadows and Doom 3
i was a little worried that hl2 might not support win98se
does anyone know about this. i hope it does!

Someone might make a crack for it to work on 98... they do it for 98 games so they work on XP

Or i could be wrong

The minimum requirements said 98/95/ME/2000/XP

so it shouldnt be a problem, but still if u want better performance get XP Pro.

I think some people in this thread have prooved that they should probably do some research into topics before sounding so sure of themselves and then being hostile towards one of the only guys who had the correct information.

Anyway, this thread has now served its purpose. To clarify, Half-Life 2 will support Windows 98, but upgrade to Windows XP or 2000 if you can to get the best performance.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back