Reaction score
Could you answer the following 2 questions please:
How did Johnson get off Halo?
What happened to the other Spartans?

ríomhaire said:
Could you answer the following 2 questions please:
How did Johnson get off Halo?
What happened to the other Spartans?
In First Strike, John (Master Chief) finds a Pelican with Johnson and a few other surviving soldiers on board when leaving Halo 04. There's only about 5 Spartans left. Most of them died on Reach.

DeusExMachinia said:
In First Strike, John (Master Chief) finds a Pelican with Johnson and a few other surviving soldiers on board when leaving Halo 04. There's only about 5 Spartans left. Most of them died on Reach.
So did the legendary ending never happen then? And it states in the Halo 1 manual that
You are all that remains of the Spartan prodject
Anyway, lets get out of here before the anti-Halo crowd arrives.

ríomhaire said:
So did the legendary ending never happen then? And it states in the Halo 1 manual that
You are all that remains of the Spartan project
Well, as far as anyone on the Pillar of Autumn knew, everyone in, on, and around Reach was killed, which was what usually happened when the Covenant decided to kill a planet. Thus, everyone could safely assume that the MC was the only remaining Spartan.
There you have it :)

And to the anti-Halo crowd: Let us have our fun, and don't come in to bash the series. You don't like Halo; we get it. Move along.

You alos have to remember that the books were not written by anyone from bungie, so there may be minor differences, and major, when it comes to the lack of any other sparten's mention in the game

Bungie let Eric Nylund look at the Halo Bible to make sure everything was...in order.

I really hope he writes another :(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ríomhaire

Spoiler: Highlight to read
You are all that remains of the Spartan project

Spoiler: Highlight to read
Well, as far as anyone on the Pillar of Autumn knew, everyone in, on, and around Reach was killed, which was what usually happened when the Covenant decided to kill a planet. Thus, everyone could safely assume that the MC was the only remaining Spartan.

Yes but:
In the third book, he sabotages the covenant space hub, and he escapes with i think 4-5 Spartans.

You know, I was kinda disapointed with the halo books. Good potential but they just seemed to be missing something or other, especially The Flood. I enjoyed them, but they just werent great sci fi books.

Shortly after they all realized:

Halo sucks dick, and this thread needs to be closed.

And everyone cheered!

Also, I was extremely upset that the book universe does not match the game universe. (End of First Strike)

Even thought i dont like halo, i have to stick with the good members, go be an ass else where! shoo! be gone!

spookymooky said:
Also, I was extremely upset that the book universe does not match the game universe. (End of First Strike)
What happens? I should probably read those books. My friend has 2 of them.

DreadLord1337 said:
Shortly after they all realized:

Halo sucks dick, and this thread needs to be closed.

And everyone cheered!

Grow up.

ríomhaire said:
What happens? I should probably read those books. My friend has 2 of them.

You should buy the 3 book package. Comes with some toys too I think.

And the only book that doesn't exactly follow the game is the Flood...which is based on the game. Dietz adds more scenes (stuff you never see) and such.

I like the books. They add a layer of complexity to the fomular of 'shoot, repeat.'

Well, actually, you could claim the RedvsBlue does that too... *shrug* I didn't get very involved in the actual game's story, although i think the hype machine was very good at its job.

The books were alright, nothing particularly brilliant but I'm not of the opinion I wasted my money.

EDIT: I would say something useful but I've forgotten what was being debated. :(

Back