Are you a killer? Am I?

There a probably a good score of us who have had other training with a rifle. Who have learned military tactics. No how to give proper cover and manuever in a squad. From just Counter Strike you probably can't learn much but there are some gamers who are good with weapons in real life. BTW my friend who is in the air force says they play CS at the base.
I love cock.
fixed

I think we need to take over Vatican City and make me pope. Then I'll issue a series of increasingly silly decrees until nobody takes Catholicism seriously anymore. Win!

I think we need to take over Vatican City and make me pope. Then I'll issue a series of increasingly silly decrees until nobody takes Catholicism seriously anymore. Win!

Or you could just take over the world with your fanatic army....

Damn you guys and your persistence. People who play games no more about killing than some lawyer (unless its Angry Lawyer). THAT IS ALL. I know it wont make you a skilled assassin or an uber ninja.

maybe we will not become uber soldiers but sure we can learn atleast a litle insignificant thing about combat

even something like dont shooting a rifle like a rambo or any other insignificance thing

also we can learn some tatics like in full spectrum warrior right?

Let's get it easy. FPS games like CS don't teach us combat technique. But we know when we are in a battlefield, do not rush the first. Stay in the middle of the team.

Do you know the right way to assault a room and clear it of targets?
Do not open the door with hand. Throw a grenade first. Get in the room with one person on the back as cover. What else?

What about learning how to shoot while moving?
How?

Get everyone together and we will form the army of hl2.net. We could go take over Mexico.
You mean this?

Killing fake internet people gives you ALIEN CANCER!

12283-4.jpg

Sure, videogames desensitize us to violence, and we probably all know how to load and eject a magazine from a gun, but do we know the first thing about zeroing the sights on a rifle, applying proper trigger pressure or adjusting our aim for wind, air density or humidity? What about learning how to shoot while moving? Do you know the right way to assault a room and clear it of targets?

That stuff doesn't come natural to you?

My friend who plays games all the time and who served in Iraq (Infantry, M249 Machinegunner, Stryker Brigade in Mosul) said that the most realistic thing, closest to how it really is in terms of realism in weapons, tactics, and such is Joint Operations.

Even then you cant match real life, but as far as games go, that's the most real.

HA!

You guys talk as if gaming would make you better trained fighters.

I tell you, after an entire day of gaming, when I go outside my muscles just feel like shit. They're cold, and I can barely lift a table.

I fumble with loading my airsoft guns when i've been gaming.

My friend who plays games all the time and who served in Iraq (Infantry, M249 Machinegunner, Stryker Brigade in Mosul) said that the most realistic thing, closest to how it really is in terms of realism in weapons, tactics, and such is Joint Operations.

Even then you cant match real life, but as far as games go, that's the most real.

How does he clear a room and shoot whilst running?

Let's get it easy. FPS games like CS don't teach us combat technique. But we know when we are in a battlefield, do not rush the first. Stay in the middle of the team.

Do not open the door with hand. Throw a grenade first. Get in the room with one person on the back as cover. What else?

Wrong. middle is probably the worst place to be, according to the handbook.

Wrong. You kick the door, and stand back, and send someone in. No sense in risking your own life. :p

Anyway, from what my teachers have taught me, never shoot whilst running, 'cause you'd kill yourself.

If any of you have fired a gun in real life before, you'd know that shooting while moving AT ALL is extremely hard. Shooting while running is impossible.

Wrong. middle is probably the worst place to be, according to the handbook.

I am just joking. There is no position that is always safe. Look at what situation you are in. :p

Anyway, from what my teachers have taught me, never shoot whilst running, 'cause you'd kill yourself.

You shoot yourself?

If any of you have fired a gun in real life before, you'd know that shooting while moving AT ALL is extremely hard. Shooting while running is impossible.

I thought military train will teach you some exotic techique. It didn't :p

Well, thats what they said. I've only fired a assualt rifle in semi-auto mode whilst prone and crouching though.... Never even tried to move while shooting. The teachers do some "physical therapy" on you if you don't do it right, you see.

That's why you are a soldier, not a professional killer.
Semi-auto is already shitty. Shoot when prone and crouch is sillier tho.

Anyway, what is your gun?

I'm not a soldier yet, lol. Just undergoing Student Officer training.

Daewoo K-2 Assualt. Locked to semi-auto.

WHAT! Thats like the best AR on the planet! With the accuracy of the M-16A2 and the power of the AK-47.....

:p

Hardcore gamers are way too unfit. After 30 seconds of running up a hill with a heavy gun and all the rest of your gear they would be moaning on the ground clutching their chests bordering on cardia arrest.

I've only ever shot a seme auto and bolt-action .22 rifle (spare me, I live in Ireland), and it was hard prone, even harder standing, so I can only imagine what it would be like to shoot running.

At most games might hone your reflexes a bit. Most games require almost no tactical skill - you just circle strafe pumping in the lead until it drops. Gamers would be a hideous rabble if they tried to form an army.

Therefore people who say we are killers are wrong. And what would they know, they've never played any.

WHAT! Thats like the best AR on the planet! With the accuracy of the M-16A2 and the power of the AK-47.....

:p

I use Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation Rifle. With no recoil, high damage, strong penetration power.

Well anyway lets say we are not killers. But if you took all the people of hl2.net and made and army with each having an m16 and then another army made up of lawyers equal in numbers and they also had m16s who do you think would win. Im guessing hl2.net army.

Probubly not, as the vast majority of HL2.netters would, following years of exposure to Counter Strike, probubly sit there and try to cock their M16s by pulling the foreward assist. Mean while, the lawers can beat them to death with the stocks of their weapons...

Wow. 5 pages of the most futile nonsense around.

We play videogames. We are gamers. Its simple and if you can't understand that, you've got an agenda. :angry:

I even set spiders in my room free... (unless they're too big, then they obviously deserved to die)

If you even see what you do in games as 'killing' then you're the sick one, not the one doing the 'killing'.

If people are really worried about trained killers, their attention should be focused on kids who get rifles for thier birthdays and go hunting with their dads.

Good point but they're only ducks and animal rights activists that they're shooting at. Which isn't so bad.........at all, damn hippy animal rights activists, they should all just learn to stfu and get jobs.

Good point but they're only ducks and animal rights activists that they're shooting at. Which isn't so bad.........at all, damn hippy animal rights activists, they should all just learn to stfu and get jobs.

I concur.

Man i would have gussed madog to behind this topic.

Basically, fps games are a source of entertainment, and it is a game. The most it gives you in terms of combat effectiveness is basic tactics and sharp reactions. But a lot of you lot seem to miss the point that war is NOT fun, and war is CERTAINLY NOT a computer game. Computer games cannot prepare anyone to face the physical and psychological horrors of war, you must be put through vigourous training for months at least to prepare yourself, and even the hardest of men will be scared before going into combat (not the case with the Russians in WW2 who basically gave them a few minutes basic training and then threw them into the thick of it to learn the rest themselves lol).

Please take a step back into reality

i kill thousands of tiny animals every time i step on grass. So does everyone. Deal with it :p Killing in games is nothing compared to Genocide like that

I don't think video games alone turn regular people into "Skilled Assass0rnz", especially when it comes to claims that games like Doom 95 was responsible for Columbine.

Guns, people and in some situations scenarios are too unrealistic in video games to actually make someone go on an effective killing spree. Granted, video games do somewhat desensetize us from violence but so do TV and Movies.

Man i would have gussed madog to behind this topic.

Basically, fps games are a source of entertainment, and it is a game. The most it gives you in terms of combat effectiveness is basic tactics and sharp reactions. But a lot of you lot seem to miss the point that war is NOT fun, and war is CERTAINLY NOT a computer game. Computer games cannot prepare anyone to face the physical and psychological horrors of war, you must be put through vigourous training for months at least to prepare yourself, and even the hardest of men will be scared before going into combat (not the case with the Russians in WW2 who basically gave them a few minutes basic training and then threw them into the thick of it to learn the rest themselves lol).

Please take a step back into reality

I concur completely.

Am I capable of killing someone?

I feel yes, but it would take someone threatening/hurting/killing my family or close friends for me to return in like force.

Back