Are You Disappointed by Valve?

CptStern said:
what I dont understand is why people who hate valve still buy their products. "hmmm I dont like liver so I think I'll buy 10 pounds of it ....just because"

valve owes you nothing, you pay for what you get

I think valve do a termendous job of giving us value for the buck ..I spent grand total of 10$ (ati coupon) and I have every single game ever made by valve ..if that isnt a deal I dont know what is

too bad they sell you products that don't exist yet

it's not like they force you to buy ..you could easily buy it once it's actually released

I loved the fact that on the day hl2 was released I went home turned on my computer and played hl2 right away

ALEXDJ said:
too bad they sell you products that don't exist yet

As Stern said, you didn't have to buy it then. It's exactly the same as a pre-order in a store. Even better, this pre-order gave you early access to CS:S.

Kangy said:
As Stern said, you didn't have to buy it then. It's exactly the same as a pre-order in a store. Even better, this pre-order gave you early access to CS:S.

that's why i didn't buy anything but halflife2 and cs, and with pre-order you usually know then the product comes out, not the case with Valve though

ALEXDJ said:
that's why i didn't buy anything but halflife2 and cs, and with pre-order you usually know then the product comes out, not the case with Valve though

yes but with the steam version you got such a better deal than the retail version, plus as kangy stated, I got to play CS:S before it was released

ALEXDJ said:

Buy it when they issue a release date then. It's silly carrying on this little argument, because the fact is that a digital pre-order on Steam isn't anything different from a instore hard copy pre-order.

Steam is a massive leap forward in the modding community. The mods are available at your fingertips. Nuff said about that (bit off topic though)

Kangy said:
Buy it when they issue a release date then. It's silly carrying on this little argument, because the fact is that a digital pre-order on Steam isn't anything different from a instore hard copy pre-order.

dude, the difference is that you know when that stuff is comeing out, i am still waiting for DOD:S for almost half a year, and all i know that it's "coming soon"

ALEXDJ said:
dude, the difference is that you know when that stuff is comeing out, i am still waiting for DOD:S for almost half a year, and all i know that it's "coming soon"

Retail preorders can be no different.

What you're detailing isn't a problem with Steam any way.

ComradeBadger said:
Holy shit... games taking time to be made... what is wrong with them

:rolleyes:

there is a thing called deadline and meeting it, i guess i don't have a problem with steam, valve just needs to be defenet about their release dates

Since when has a game company EVER been good with release dates?

Know much about conditions in the industry?

Absinthe said:
Retail preorders can be no different.

What you're detailing isn't a problem with Steam any way.

it's a post about valve though

ComradeBadger said:
Since when has a game company EVER been good with release dates?

Know much about conditions in the industry?

not really, half life serieas is one game i play (played others before, but not anymore)

anyway, it doesn't mean it's a good thing, they have to fix that and that's what this thread is about

ALEXDJ said:
it's a post about valve though

not really, half life serieas is one game i play (played others before, but not anymore)

anyway, it doesn't mean it's a good thing, they have to fix that and that's what this thread is about
No it isn't... this thread is about the Steam licensing agreement.

Chris_D said:
No it isn't... this thread is about the Steam licensing agreement.

sorry, i forgot, i just looked at the title

not a big deal anyways

Back